Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GM Search

Default GM Search

I havent heard much news on the GM search listed here, so I thought I would throw in some info that I have heard.

It sounds like we interviewed the guy from Green Bay, John Dorsey. All the analysts are expecting that he will get the job.

The other guy being talked about is Tom Heckert, who was the GM in Philadelphia and most recently in Cleveland.

I've heard that the Chiefs brass is waiting for the Packers season to end before making their all-out pursuit of John Dorsey. I hope that is true and I hope they get him as GM and Heckert as director of player personnel.

Save our chiefs is posting on Facebook that Dempsey is finalizing deal to be chiefs GM. Childress will be assistant coach, pederson will be named OC, and Nagy is the QB coach. I haven't seen anything else but this was out there.

Not Dempsey....John Dorsey...sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Save our chiefs is posting on Facebook that Dempsey is finalizing deal to be chiefs GM. Childress will be assistant coach, pederson will be named OC, and Nagy is the QB coach. I haven't seen anything else but this was out there.
    Dempsey??? Sure, I'd love to be a GM, but not many Chiefs fans would like it -- probably none.

Please tell me you meant Dorsey -- EDIT -- you did. I still think it's funny.

Whos penderson

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    Whos penderson
    Doug Pederson was Reid's stop-gap starting QB in Philly back in 1999 until McNabb was ready to get on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Dempsey??? Sure, I'd love to be a GM, but not many Chiefs fans would like it -- probably none.

Please tell me you meant Dorsey -- EDIT -- you did. I still think it's funny.
    Don't lie you would love a crack at it. Sorry again.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Don't lie you would love a crack at it. Sorry again.
    To be honest, I would reiterate a quote made by Ted Thompson, the current Packers GM: "The draft is NOT about fantasy football, it's about improving your team as a whole and getting them to be post-season contenders" <--those words aren't the exact words of Thompson, but they still make plenty of sense.

Hopefully, Dorsey will bring a level of scouting & talent evaluation excellence to the Chiefs that we certainly didn't see under Pioli.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    To be honest, I would reiterate a quote made by Ted Thompson, the current Packers GM: "The draft is NOT about fantasy football, it's about improving your team as a whole and getting them to be post-season contenders" <--those words aren't the exact words of Thompson, but they still make plenty of sense.

Hopefully, Dorsey will bring a level of scouting & talent evaluation excellence to the Chiefs that we certainly didn't see under Pioli.

May not be Thompson's words exactly but i like the way you put it.

And the Chiefs seriously need scouting and talent evaluation excellence to be sure. Not sure if its simply just not much talent or if some of it was simply bad coaching and atmosphere around Arrowhead. I'm going w/ a combo of the two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast