Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can this team be saved with what we already have?

Default Can this team be saved with what we already have?

If I was Pioli, I would make the following changes in an attempt to turn this thing around with what we already have on this roster:

Coaches -
    HC: Jim Zorn
    OC: Maurice Carthon
    DC: Emmitt Thomas

Offense -
    QB: Brady Quinn
    RB: Shaun Draughn
    FB: P. Hillis
    C. : R. Hudson
    LT: B. Albert
    RT: E. Winston
    LG: J. Allen
    RG: D. Stephenson
    TE: T. Moeaki
    WR: J. Baldwin
    WR: D. Bowe

Defense (back to 4-3) -
    DT: D. Poe
    DT: J. Powe
    DE: G. Dorsey
    DE: T. Jackson
    LB: T. Hali
    LB: J. Houston
    LB: D. Johnson
    SS. E. Berry
    FS: A. Elam
    CB: B. Flowers
    CB: J. Arenas

Obviously, bring in Charles for Draughn when he is healthy, or use a combo of both. And, of course, get McCluster in there for 3 wide receiver sets, and maybe even to return kicks.

After 2 consecutive blowout losses - why not?
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    It wouldn't work with the current roster I agree with your post. Say hypothetically what do you think about adding the few missing pieces and scrapping this NT issue that has plagued us since we switched to the 34 though?
    I think we are better suited to stay 3-4 and wait a year for Poe to fill that role. Honestly, he has played better than I expected him to so far. I think he will fill that role fine next year, and excel the following years. But it has only been 2 games, so it is hard for me to really say what would be best. I think we should wait and see. If we are 0-4, 0-6 then I would say we should start considering drastic changes.

Personnel wise, I think we are well built for a 3-4, its just the coaching has suffered. I want to see how things go the next couple weeks. In another thread the only changes I made were giving Crennel an ultimatum. Fix the D by week XX or force him to make Emmit Smith the DC.

there is only one RB on our team that could have ran for 199yds today.....it was Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    there is only one RB on our team that could have ran for 199yds today.....it was Charles.
    How many could have run.for 233 yards?

I think I n made my point^^^^ lol chief

So we need to fix the #1 offense in the league?? No...we need to fix the defense and get the offense in the end zone. I know it sounds neat to fire everyone after 3 weeks but thats just plain stupid. We need a true DC and let Romeo be the HC. Get the ball in the endzone instead of FGs and we are a pretty good team (assuming the defense gets their sh!t together)

NFL Stats: Team
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    So we need to fix the #1 offense in the league?? No...we need to fix the defense and get the offense in the end zone. I know it sounds neat to fire everyone after 3 weeks but thats just plain stupid. We need a true DC and let Romeo be the HC. Get the ball in the endzone instead of FGs and we are a pretty good team (assuming the defense gets their sh!t together)

I absolutely agree.

But if The Chiefs lose this weekend, we can fully expect the masses to go right back Int "fire 'em all" mode.

So we need to fix the #1 offense in the league?? No...we need to fix the defense and get the offense in the end zone.
    Won't say I disagree, but this is a little late to the party there bub you guys on a week long delay on dish??

That stat on top offense is yards. Who's the top SCORING offense? Washington Redskins, 33.0 PPG/Average. KC is 17th with 22.7 PPG/Average.
    You said that, end zone. And I know you know, all the yards in the world mean absolutely jack if you aren't scoring... kinda like dating

oh, BTW, KC is the 28th Ranked team in Defense so far, giving up 33 PPG/Avg.
    (Tossing some stats in to help your cause)
    The Seattle Seahawks are the top team D, 13PPG/Avg.
    KC Chiefs Maybe we'll get out of our own way someday.

EVERY year I see the same thing for the first four weeks of the season. It is always a cluster-****.

Now... Some teams, the really good, and the really bad teams, tend to be what they truly are. But it's all the rest of the teams, about 20, or more, that have a whole lot of uncharacteristic showing for those first four games.

If I were the betting type, then those first four weeks is when I would go betting against the odds-makers. And I would start going against the overachievers, and for the overachievers starting at week 5.

THAT is when things start to balance out and teams start meeting their expectations.

So while I certainly don't think that we are going to be the 28th ranked defense for the rest of the year, I do see the point about our overacheiving in the offensive rankings.

But then.... I also think we will be scoring TDs at a better percentage than we have so far. Couple that with the improvements I expect from our defense, and I think we will be a tough game on every opponents schedule.

That be a great big THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

THAT is when things start to balance out and teams start meeting their expectations.

On that point, we were one blocked field goal from winning the Div. last year. We beat the only unbeaten team, shut down the Donks who beat the Steelers in a playoff game. We ended the year on a big + note.

Like you said of teams reaching their stride later on in the season, this team virtually rose from the dead and almost made the post season. As a result, expectations were high coming into this season for a lot of fans. (guilty)

To be a champion caliber team you cannot (in my opinion) keep laying eggs in your first games year in and year out. You cannot count on an 8-8 or 9-7 season putting you in the post season. Just ask Matt about the 11-5 season he had with the Pats and missed the PS. For that matter we missed the PS with a 10-6 record in 2005. Each and every game counts! (Green Bay may grow even more angry by the time seeding comes around)
    We are a fairly young team, but I really thought the D would be better out of the gates. They seem to be righting things. I hope Huston can keep up the pace, he is morphing into a beast.

I love me some Chiefs!! I get mad at them, I'll yell at them(they cannot hear me).

Last week was awesome. I do not care what the pundits say, "It's not so hard anymore to win in NO"
    "NO has the worse defense in the league"
    None of that matters, this team went into the Superdome, fell behind 24-6 to a team as desperate as they were for a win, and won the game. That's hard to do anywhere against anyone. I got to watch that game (one of the few they show up here) and for the D to choke out the Saints the way they did was pretty incredible.

I guess my expectations are always a little high for this team. I should temper them sometimes, but after all I am a fanatic

Our D plays tough all 4 quarters it's Chiefs-28 Dolts-17 for the win- Stay thirsty, my friends

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast