Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Falcon QB Michael Vick Indicted

Sweets Guest

Default Falcon QB Michael Vick Indicted

The Falcons quarterback, Michael Vick, has been indicted by a federal grand jury in connection with dogfighting. Michael Vick was indicted for conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and to sponsor a dog in animal fighting venture in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District in Richmond, Va. Three others, Purnell Peace, Quanis Phillips and Tony Taylor, also were indicted by the grand jury on the same charges.
    Source: ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    OUCH!!!! LOL!!

Agreed; Vick should not procreate.
    I just listened to the contributing attorney for ESPN and he said that he will need to turn himself in this week or be arrested and then post bail attend a hearing and then the trial would not be any time this season. That's a shame it takes that long to get something like this underway.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I just listened to the contributing attorney for ESPN and he said that he will need to turn himself in this week or be arrested and then post bail attend a hearing and then the trial would not be any time this season. That's a shame it takes that long to get something like this underway.
    I heard that because he is a co-defendant in the case the other defendants have the right to a speedy trial and can request it begin now, but I doubt Vicks buddies would hang him out to dry. But i guess ya never know

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I heard that because he is a co-defendant in the case the other defendants have the right to a speedy trial and can request it begin now, but I doubt Vicks buddies would hang him out to dry. But i guess ya never know

Depends on what the DA offers 'em.

Sweets Guest

The NFL has issued a statement on the indictment of Falcons quarterback Michael Vick on conspiracy charges relating to a dog fighting operation that was allegedly operated on property he owns:

We are disappointed that Michael Vick has put himself in a position where a federal grand jury has returned an indictment against him. We will continue to closely monitor developments in this case, and to cooperate with law enforcement authorities. The activities alleged are cruel, degrading and illegal. Michael Vick's guilt has not yet been proven, and we believe that all concerned should allow the legal process to determine the facts. The matter will be reviewed under the league's Personal Conduct Policy.
    The statement that Vick's guilt hasn't been proven (not to mention the curious use of the word "yet") is noteworthy because NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has indicated with his suspensions of Titans cornerback Pacman Jones, Bengals receiver Chris Henry and former Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson that he doesn't feel the need to wait until the legal system runs its course before issuing suspensions. Will he react to the Vick case differently?

Source: Michael David Smith, NFL Fanhouse

Roger is having all sorts of fun this off-season.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

We are disappointed that Michael Vick has put himself in a position where a federal grand jury has returned an indictment against him. We will continue to closely monitor developments in this case, and to cooperate with law enforcement authorities. The activities alleged are cruel, degrading and illegal. Michael Vick's guilt has not yet been proven, and we believe that all concerned should allow the legal process to determine the facts. The matter will be reviewed under the league's Personal Conduct Policy.
    Inturpretation: Get ready to pay and to sit.

Sweets Guest

Why isn't everyone on the bandwagon again screaming for him to be banned like Pacman Jones, ridiculous...Vick should get a harder sentence from Goodell then Pacman did. Hey Commish, you paying attention???

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Why isn't everyone on the bandwagon again screaming for him to be banned like Pacman Jones, ridiculous...Vick should get a harder sentence from Goodell then Pacman did. Hey Commish, you paying attention???

Absolutely agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Indicted and guilty are two very different things. Either way, Goodell should be handing out some form of suspension.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I would think that, at some point, Vick will be suspended, for this season. Possibly, for his own good. The pressure, from fans, would be too much, for anyone to stand, this year. If he does play, this year, I think he will crumble, in the face of all of that pressure. I don't think I could handle it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast