Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Just How Bad Cassel Really Is

Default Just How Bad Cassel Really Is

If you've found yourself to be a Cassel apologist, please read this. If you still are aft you read it, there is no hope for you:

Chiefs The Declaration Of Independence, MO - The People vs. Matthew Gus Brennan Cassel - ChiefsPlanet

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I really hope the project of Making fall down against the wind McCluster a HB is over. Seriously, my three year old would make a tackle on McCluster look like he is getting blown up. As you said he was hitting those gaps last year but at the slightest bit of contact was tackled sometimes as mucgh as an arm tripping him up. He is better suited to be used on a reverse, or as a slot back where he has room to run. His talents were wasted last year as a HB. The Chiefs went to him way to much and was becoming very predictable when he would get the ball because he can't pass block and won't get the ball much on short yardage situations.
    He had as higher Yards Per Carry average than anybody else on the team in 2011, at 4.5.

Given more experience, I am sure he would improve on some things. It is difficult to get real comfortable with everything that is going on when you are getting less than 8 carries per game. It takes a little longer to get comfortable with it all.

Or you could just rush to the judgement that leading the team in YPC is horrible, and you should never do that job again.

That just isn't for me though.

McCluster showed some serious acceleration at times last year. I think our seriously bad OL made the RB's and Cassel look especially bad about 9 games last year. I still am amazed how the OL could look like monsters one game, then like wet toilet paper the next. We won 7 games last year with a horrible OL. Just getting them to average will see us winning 10 games, easily, this year.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    He had as higher Yards Per Carry average than anybody else on the team in 2011, at 4.5.

Given more experience, I am sure he would improve on some things. It is difficult to get real comfortable with everything that is going on when you are getting less than 8 carries per game. It takes a little longer to get comfortable with it all.

Or you could just rush to the judgement that leading the team in YPC is horrible, and you should never do that job again.

That just isn't for me though.
    He was a situation runner and the team did the best they could to utilize him as a RB but his stats would have been so much better if he could break the slightest bit of a tackle.

I tend to think the Chiefs saw the same things I did instead of looking at his stats YPC, otherwise he would actually be listed as a HB on the team instead of the 2 string LWR. I mean he is not even listed as 4th string HB.

He is a great open field runner, and is better suited to catch a ball in open space and then allowed to use his speed to beat people instead of racing as fast as he can around a corner to get hit hard for a 4 yard gain on the sideline.

I mean you could try to force a very small running back who gets knocked over very easy to be a HB, or actually use his talents and move him to a position to be better utilized, instead of trotting him out there in special situations and hope someone does not touch him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    He was a situation runner and the team did the best they could to utilize him as a RB but his stats would have been so much better if he could break the slightest bit of a tackle.

I tend to think the Chiefs saw the same things I did instead of looking at his stats YPC, otherwise he would actually be listed as a HB on the team instead of the 2 string LWR. I mean he is not even listed as 4th string HB.

He is a great open field runner, and is better suited to catch a ball in open space and then allowed to use his speed to beat people instead of racing as fast as he can around a corner to get hit hard for a 4 yard gain on the sideline.

I mean you could try to force a very small running back who gets knocked over very easy to be a HB, or actually use his talents and move him to a position to be better utilized, instead of trotting him out there in special situations and hope someone does not touch him.
    While I too saw him as easy to tackle, I think that that is something that he can improve on with.experience. Not that he is ever going to be a powerback, but gaining confidence through experience can allow him to work on that aspect.of his game.

He may well be an excellent slot WR too. But I think your judgement of his ability to be a HB is hastily made.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    While I too saw him as easy to tackle, I think that that is something that he can improve on with.experience. Not that he is ever going to be a powerback, but gaining confidence through experience can allow him to work on that aspect.of his game.

He may well be an excellent slot WR too. But I think your judgement of his ability to be a HB is hastily made.
    He can't block in passing situations and is nit ideal for short yardage. He is a third down back at best but looking his role as a wr tonight

Didn't we get a QB in the dreft?
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    Didn't we get a QB in the dreft?
    I think technically, no. Wasn't Tanney an undrafted FA?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Dear Kansas City,

Please don't get rid of Matt Cassel.

Thank you,
    The AFC West

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Dear Kansas City,

Please don't get rid of Matt Cassel.
    Thank you,
    The AFC West
    This is SO beneath you, Yoda!

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast