Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steeler Harrison's pit bull attacks young son

Thumbs down Steeler Harrison's pit bull attacks young son

12 mins ago

PITTSBURGH – A pit bull owned by Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison has reportedly attacked the player's young son, but police, hospital and team officials are releasing little information.

"We're aware of the situation, but it's a personal matter for James," Burt Lauten, spokesman for the Super Bowl champions told The Associated Press. "We won't be commenting further."

An unidentified neighbor told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette one of the star player's three dogs got loose Thursday and attacked the boy, James III. His age was not immediately available.

A Franklin Park police officer warned neighbors "to keep our children inside because (Mr. Harrison's) dog had bit somebody," the neighbor told the newspaper.

The dog was removed by an animal control agency.

A Franklin Park police spokeswoman on Friday said police are not commenting because the incident remains under investigation.

Neighbors told the newspaper that a second person also was hurt and that Harrison's son was taken to UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. A hospital spokesman said the family does not want information released.

Harrison lives about 15 miles north of the city.

In 2006, then-Steelers linebacker Joey Porter was cited by police in Pine Township, another suburb north of Pittsburgh, after two of his dogs got loose and killed a miniature horse on a nearby farm. Northern Regional Police said then that Porter's dogs were licensed in his hometown of Bakersfield, Calif., but not in Allegheny County.

Harrison is the NFL Defensive Player of the Year and scored on a 100-yard interception return in the team's 27-23 victory over Arizona in Super Bowl XLIII. He made headlines for declining to join the Steelers on a White House visit Thursday, though he passed up the same opportunity after the Steelers beat Seattle in Super bowl XL in 2006.
    Source

I Hate People That Raise This Beautiful Breed Of Dog Like This And Serve To Only Further Their Unfair And Undeserved Bad Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by -Scar- View Post
    Source

I Hate People That Raise This Beautiful Breed Of Dog Like This And Serve To Only Further Their Unfair And Undeserved Bad Reputation
    I'm sorry but this is one more sign that James Harrison is a bumbling idiot. After hearing his reasons for not going to the white house, and now hearing that he probably had these viscous dogs trained, and let these dogs live and occupy the same area as young kids...............................Freaking class act.

Can this guy not be in the news for more than 2 days? He got lucky, intercepted a ball and returned it for a TD barely!

It can't even be positive news about him. Such as, him making a huge cash donation to a charity. Instead I have to hear about him being a dumbass saying stupid things, and now owning a dog that is viscous.

The way you raise a puppy or dog, determines how it will act. Obviously he didn't raise the dog the way it should have been. Pitbulls only get a bad rep cause alot of owners train them to fight, in reality pitbulls are just like any other dog.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I'm sorry but this is one more sign that James Harrison is a bumbling idiot. After hearing his reasons for not going to the white house, and now hearing that he probably had these viscous dogs trained, and let these dogs live and occupy the same area as young kids...............................Freaking class act.
    Exactly! I mean, I really wouldn't want to be his son right now!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Can this guy not be in the news for more than 2 days? He got lucky, intercepted a ball and returned it for a TD barely!

It can't even be positive news about him. Such as, him making a huge cash donation to a charity. Instead I have to hear about him being a dumbass saying stupid things, and now owning a dog that is viscous.

The way you raise a puppy or dog, determines how it will act. Obviously he didn't raise the dog the way it should have been. Pitbulls only get a bad rep cause alot of owners train them to fight, in reality pitbulls are just like any other dog.
    Not really.

Pitbulls are loving animals. However they sometimes are too loving, or overprotective. They have a deeper desire to impress and protect their master than other dogs. Which is why they are special animals.

Raising a Pitbull takes a lot more attention. The proper attention. One of my good buddies has one and has trained it to be socially capable and is a loving animal. But even he knows their natural potential.

They are not outlawed in half the Counties in the U.S. for nothing.

If someone or kid is walking down the street and the pitbull feels the need to protect his master or territory, the pitbull will do more than just bark. Not because he was trained that way. Just as most Golden Retrievers arent trained to go up and be friendly to someone.

Im not against Pit Bulls. But there are a lot of stupid people out there who dont know how to give special attetion.

Idiocy is an equal opportunity state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Idiocy is an equal opportunity state of being.
    LOL, a little too equal if you ask me. They take up too much of my time on a regular basis.

LOL, a little too equal if you ask me. They take up too much of my time on a regular basis.

I read ya.

Pitbulls Arent As Bad As The Media Makes Them Out To Be...You Never Hear About The Positive Stories...

Pit bull takes bullet for family
    Pit bull gives life to save family
    Pit bull drags woman to safety
    Pit bull helps youngster to safety
    Pit bull saves child from being abducted
    Pit bull saves family, takes bullet
    Pit bull stops abduction

And There's Plenty More.

But A Pitbull Biting Someone Makes Headline News Daily...What About The Other Breeds That Bite People? Never Hear About Em Do Ya?

Quote Originally Posted by -Scar- View Post
    Pitbulls Arent As Bad As The Media Makes Them Out To Be...You Never Hear About The Positive Stories...

Pit bull takes bullet for family
    Pit bull gives life to save family
    Pit bull drags woman to safety
    Pit bull helps youngster to safety
    Pit bull saves child from being abducted
    Pit bull saves family, takes bullet
    Pit bull stops abduction

And There's Plenty More.

But A Pitbull Biting Someone Makes Headline News Daily...What About The Other Breeds That Bite People? Never Hear About Em Do Ya?
    A year or two ago I had to write a paper about Pit Bulls in America, and through a great deal of research I found that somewhere around 60% of all dog attacks were made by Pit Bulls, and 90% of all dog attack Fatalities were from Pit Bull Attacks. So those numbers right there are why Pit Bulls are public enemy number 1 in the dog world.

With that said, I firmly believe its all on how you raise them, but with that said people in this country do not have enough common sense to raise a pit bull right, and the consequences of that is awful. But people need to keep in mind, these are not your run of the mill dogs, pit bulls are blazing fast, overly aggressive, practically all muscle, and have the strongest jaws of any dog, so when owning these dogs, the owners must be held accountable for the dogs actions. IMO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast