Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

Default Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

I personally blame Haley for keeping LJ out there all game when it was obvious he was going nowhere. There are other backs on this team who are better than LJ now and can hit a hole with some speed and illusiveness. LJ is done and he does not have the heart of the lion anymore. Furthermore, if he cannot run the damned ball then he is a liability because he cannot pass protect at all. I give the Chiefs overall some credit for not giving up today, it sucks they lost but itwe all know this year is about rebuilding. Like the announcers said, KC is doing like Dallas did the years right after troy aikman started. The announcers are alot more intuitive than most of us and they firmly believe that Pioli and Haley will build a winner and thats alright with me. Haley is a rookie HC and he will make some bad decisions, but like the players he will learn. We all want to see the Chiefs win and today we thought we might. Maybe if Haley had of gone away from LJ and benched him we could have done just enough to win, but he didn't. So heres how we have to look at this, LJ needs to be gone, and I wouldnt mind seeing Bowe gone at this point either if we could get a 1st, and a 3rd for him in next years draft. I know Bowe has the ability, but he disappears for quarters at a time and sometimes appears to be dogging it. We cannot blame Cassel, it is amazing that with his horrible protection and lack of any running game, he only has 2 i nts this year. He may not be a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees, but he plays with heart and will get better when his supporting cast gets better. Back to LJ, I wanted so bad to see him do well this year, but its obvious he's not going to... WHo wants to bet Twitlock blames Haley and Cassel for this loss today??

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    If its just the OL, how do you explain JC doubling LJs ypc?
    This is where most of you are ignorant and don't take in to consideration. THEY STACK THE LINE WHEN LJ IS IN! They DONT with Charles because he is a threat to get passes....THIS IS WHY LJ NEEDS TO GET SCREENS! The one screen he had he got 9 yards for a first. The reason LJ sucks is because of the O line and PREDICTABILITY!

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    This is where most of you are ignorant and don't take in to consideration. THEY STACK THE LINE WHEN LJ IS IN! They DONT with Charles because he is a threat to get passes....THIS IS WHY LJ NEEDS TO GET SCREENS! The one screen he had he got 9 yards for a first. The reason LJ sucks is because of the O line and PREDICTABILITY!
    Thats right. Blame somebody else for his crap play. And most of US are ignorant?
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Thats right. Blame somebody else for his crap play. And most of US are ignorant?
    I have mentioned his EGO in previous posts. He gets down a lot. But it is mostly the O lines fault and Haley's predictability with LJ...

Screen plays will open things up if used right but it will never happen

Maybe you're the one who is too ignorant to realize that LJ is a one dimensional back who is worthless in pass blocking and too slow now to help in the passing game anymore.

Know why he is no threat to get passes? Cause he has no hands. LJ is too slow to run a screen. The list goes on. Whatever the reason is...Charles has been more successful. Wy keep putting LJ in. He obviously does not want to put forth the effort and most of us coud care less if he plays. Trade him, cut him sell him for a bag of chips. I no longer care. LJ can kiss my a$$
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Maybe you're the one who is too ignorant to realize that LJ is a one dimensional back who is worthless in pass blocking and too slow now to help in the passing game anymore.
    You don't have to be quick to receive short throws and the proof is in the pudding that he has been successful with short throws this year (he hasn't dropped one yet). I saw it versus the Raiders and I saw it with the one screen he got for 9 yards and a first. If he is open which he usually is because no one thinks he is a pass threat (he really isn't but he can be) throw it to him because it isn't predictable. it seems im being shunned from giving an idea which has proven in the past and recently to work. Its unpredictable and thats why we need to do it.

LJ has never been a threat to catch passes. A lot of you keep asking for more screens. Screen plays work best when the OL doesn't trip over their own feet and actually get out in front and block.

You don't have to be quick to receive short throws and the proof is in the pudding that he has been successful with short throws this year (he hasn't dropped one yet). I saw it versus the Raiders and I saw it with the one screen he got for 9 yards and a first. If he is open which he usually is because no one thinks he is a pass threat (he really isn't but he can be) throw it to him because it isn't predictable. it seems im being shunned from giving an idea which has proven in the past and recently to work. Its unpredictable and thats why we need to do it.
    Thats fine. Throw the screens. Just not with LJ....
    SHUT IT

You all miss the point im trying to make. LETS STOP BEING PREDICTABLE! Charles is better for screens of course but the D is going to cover that better than if LJ is back there because he is not known to receive any passes. LJ is harder to stop in an open field

You all miss the point im trying to make. LETS STOP BEING PREDICTABLE! Charles is better for screens of course but the D is going to cover that better than if LJ is back there because he is not known to receive any passes. LJ is harder to stop in an open field
    That use to be the case. 3-4 years ago. LJ sucks.
    SHUT IT

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast