Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cowher a very good possiblity !

Default Cowher a very good possiblity !

I have actually heard that Cowher is a very good possibility and that is thanks to Marty being used as a consultant to clark and getting clark and Cower together for talks . Although he might come in as GM and Head coach and bring in his own guy to be in charge of Player Personnel . Sounded like marty will possibly end up with the Jets . Cowher was asked by the Browns but declined because he had no interest in cleveland. He said he did have interst in coaching in the 09 season if the money and power given to him was right !

these are all rumors at this point

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    these are all rumors at this point
    But good rumors.

I just read on ESPN.com that Cowher will NOT interview with the Jets because as you said, he wants the ability to bring in his own personell. If Hunt doesn't see that there is every opportunity to get this guy here right now, this organization is in trouble!!!!!!! If the guy declines fine, but if Hunt doesn't pull out all stops to at least bring this guy in for an interview or extend the invitation he is more out of his fricken mind than I already think!!!!!!

Cowher would be a dream come true! He's a proven winner. I actually discussed a scenario with my brother the other day about bringing in Cowher as the GM. Josh McDaniels as our new HC (This would put us right there in the draft to get a project QB as our franchise QB), putting Gunther back on Linebackers, hiring an outright new Defensive Coordinator, the hiring of McDaniels would no doubt get rid of Curl, then just an outright cleansing of our coaching staff. New team, new staff, now the rebuilding would begin!

Edit: OMG New to these forums and didn't realize that new threads appeared above old ones lol!
    Card Carrying Member of the Raider Haters!
    Remembering DT Forever #58 We Miss You!

Never Gonna Happen Any Of It.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Never Gonna Happen Any Of It.
    Way to stay positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Way to stay positive.
    I would like to stay positive, I really don't think this organization is interested in winning, they are more interested in money. I am really disappointed to hear that the Jets are offering Cowher the world, and there has not even been one rumor that the Chiefs are talking with him.

Why is that? Because Hunt knows that Cowher is going to take a lot more money than any other coach out there to come in and he does not want to pay it. Why do you think he is talking to Schottenheimer? At least that is the rumor. It is because Marty is an out of work coach and needs some income, he will likely come cheap.

I am convinced now, especially since there has been no talk about making any change at head coach, that Edwards is coming back for sure next year. So we all had better buckle down and get ready for a continued losing season because he will be back.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I would like to stay positive, I really don't think this organization is interested in winning, they are more interested in money. I am really disappointed to hear that the Jets are offering Cowher the world, and there has not even been one rumor that the Chiefs are talking with him.

Why is that? Because Hunt knows that Cowher is going to take a lot more money than any other coach out there to come in and he does not want to pay it. Why do you think he is talking to Schottenheimer? At least that is the rumor. It is because Marty is an out of work coach and needs some income, he will likely come cheap.

I am convinced now, especially since there has been no talk about making any change at head coach, that Edwards is coming back for sure next year. So we all had better buckle down and get ready for a continued losing season because he will be back.
    I don't think it's cheapness, really. I just don't think Hunt wants to engage in a public wooing of Cowher that he can't win. The Jets and the Browns are more attractive jobs to Cowher (New York and his old stomping grounds), and it's worse for the Chiefs to be brushed off than not to begin the chase.

I'd rather the Chiefs chase a guy they have a chance of getting (Pioli, Polian, etc.) than one they don't.

And don't worry, as soon as we get a new GM, Edwards is out the door. Again, Clark is being smart and letting the new GM do the housecleaning, as not to appear desparate.

[quote=KcChiefsForever58;110552]putting Gunther back on Linebackersquote]

how in the world could you want Gunther to be apart of anything KC Chiefs...i hope this guy gets run over

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast