Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So how do you enjoy gameday?

Default So how do you enjoy gameday?

I was just wondering how everyone enjoys Chiefs gamedays. Any rituals or superstitions? At Arrowhead, maybe at a particular bar or with friends or possibly all by your lonesome in front of the TV in your underwear eating Cheetos.

We used to go to quite a few games. Everything from sitting in the nose bleed section to being on the field during warm-ups (even got my pic taken w/ALL of the cheerleaders! ) and the star spangled banner. Over the last few years we have found ourselves mainly staying home and watching on TV, but this year I think I'm going to do things a little different. I have access to a large smoker on a trailer, a 50" plasma, and a generator or an inverter for power. I don't know about you but that sounds like the perfect ingredients for an awfully fun tailgate party. I'm thinking get the briskets going about 10hrs. before kick-off at the house and start the racks of ribs about the time we're leaving the house. Arrive at Arrowhead and set up, cook a little breakfast, have a few brewskis and by the time gametime rolls around, the food will be about ready. Kick back with some good Q, beer, and my favorite team on the big screen. I've always seen people tailgating like this out there and thought it looked like a LOT of fun.

Does anyone else do this? I would love to hear what others do to enjoy their Chiefs gameday experience. So wether you live here local, or thousands of miles away. Lets hear about your gameday festivities, and if anyone is interested in joining me, you are more than welcome. Then

Chris

My lone (traitor charger fan) buddy comes over, we go into town and pick out our daily munchies + dinner.

We watch NFL network pregame for a couple of hours and then siwtch between the two major pregames at 11. After that its nonstop football,, flipping around between channels and watching all of the chiefs and chargers games (if they are seperate time slots, if not, my house, my rules, chiefs win) and watch all random games during commercial breaks. all while stuffing our faces and talking like a couple of sports radio announcers about everything football, many times with Madden going on the secondary tv in the same room.

this is 3 years running, and fourth in the works~

Quote Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
    I was just wondering how everyone enjoys Chiefs gamedays. Any rituals or superstitions? At Arrowhead, maybe at a particular bar or with friends or possibly all by your lonesome in front of the TV in your underwear eating Cheetos.

We used to go to quite a few games. Everything from sitting in the nose bleed section to being on the field during warm-ups (even got my pic taken w/ALL of the cheerleaders! ) and the star spangled banner. Over the last few years we have found ourselves mainly staying home and watching on TV, but this year I think I'm going to do things a little different. I have access to a large smoker on a trailer, a 50" plasma, and a generator or an inverter for power. I don't know about you but that sounds like the perfect ingredients for an awfully fun tailgate party. I'm thinking get the briskets going about 10hrs. before kick-off at the house and start the racks of ribs about the time we're leaving the house. Arrive at Arrowhead and set up, cook a little breakfast, have a few brewskis and by the time gametime rolls around, the food will be about ready. Kick back with some good Q, beer, and my favorite team on the big screen. I've always seen people tailgating like this out there and thought it looked like a LOT of fun.

Does anyone else do this? I would love to hear what others do to enjoy their Chiefs gameday experience. So wether you live here local, or thousands of miles away. Lets hear about your gameday festivities, and if anyone is interested in joining me, you are more than welcome. Then

Chris
    We will expect you at the Chiefs Crowd home opener tailgate party.

I get up.. make coffee, give the baby his bottle, change him, cook breakfast for my wife, clean the kitchen, bathroom, living room and garage, and then HOPE I get permission to go to the local pub and watch the game.
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    I get up.. make coffee, give the baby his bottle, change him, cook breakfast for my wife, clean the kitchen, bathroom, living room and garage, and then HOPE I get permission to go to the local pub and watch the game.
    Ouch, tell her you volunteer at a homeless shelter on Sundays and then do out and watch the game!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    We will expect you at the Chiefs Crowd home opener tailgate party.
    Oh I'll be there alright, I'll be the one dressed in chiefs clothes and drinking a beer.

Chris

Oh I'll be there alright, I'll be the one dressed in chiefs clothes and drinking a beer.

Chris
    That will make it easy to pick you out.

I typically go down to the pool hall with a few friends, crowd around the tube durning the game, getting a few games in here and there and then play for an hour or two more after the game. Not too much fun yet, I'm not allowed to for another year (not 21 :( ).

Chris
    Uh...that is gonna be me!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I get up about 10 and watch pregame shows. Then I flip on the radio and listen to Mitch and the gang while the game is going.

Nothing beats hearing Mitch get excited.

I would rather go to the game than watch it on TV, but since money is tight I can't go often.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast