Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How the Chiefs can beat the GIANTS

Default How the Chiefs can beat the GIANTS

Its going to be hard for the Chiefs to walk out with a W this sunday but that being said there are ways that the Chiefs can do it. There is always the saying any given sunday.

First Controll the Giants Running game. Make the Giants passing game beat you. Yes the Giants have Eli Manning but to me the reciveing core is not proven yet. They have had a good season so far but its for to early to say that Manningham or the Giants Steve Smith are great recivers. Make them beat you. Dont let the Giants get there ball control offense going.

Secound on the offensive side of the ball the O line has got to show up. Simply put if the O line does not show like they didnt last week the Chiefs have no way to win. I think with the Giants D that the Chiefs have to come out and be aggersive to open some things up in the running game. If the Chiefs can get a ball controll offense going then they have a solid chance to win.

Third most important STOP THE DUMB PENALTIES. Todd Hailey said in the Q&A today that in that part they went back to traing camp mode. That is probley the best thing to do. You have to cut out the mistakes you make. Dont beat yourselfs.

While it will be a tough game for the Chiefs if they cut out there mistakes and show up as a TEAM then there is no reason that the Chiefs can not be in the game and maybe even have a shot to win it in the end. I see the Gaints being Kind of like The Ravens and it could be a simular game. The Giants I think Right now have a little better D but there close. The Chiefs were tied with the Raves at 24 near the end. If they can learn from that game the chiefs could get win number 1. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

I don't think we have any chance at winning Sunday. I know that sounds bad, but I really just can't picture it happening. I just hope we can keep it respectable and show some promise against a tough and talented hard-nosed team like the Giants.

Honestly, since the Raiders game, I don't see this team winning for several weeks. I would say they have about a 2% chance to beat the Giants.

If both our lines show up we will have a chance because that opens up everything. It is all about the 2 lines. Well defensively with the 3-4 maybe less so but they could do much better.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    If both our lines show up we will have a chance because that opens up everything. It is all about the 2 lines. Well defensively with the 3-4 maybe less so but they could do much better.
    If our lines show up, we could win every game. Point is they won't.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

The chiefs will win this game if the giants plane never makes it to KC.

We're at home. We're only 8 and a half point underdogs. Sure we're favored to lose but that hardly means winning is out of the question (or that it would be like winning millions in the lottery). The Chiefs are professionals. While I'm not expecting that we'll beat the Giants, I wouldn't act like it's the upset of the century if they do.

I'm looking forward to seeing this game and say GO CHIEFS all the way!

Turnovers can always make the difference too. If the Giants commit 2 or 3 that can easily cost them the game.

Cassel led the Patriots to 11-5 last year. Yes I Know he had a much better line and all that, but that doesn't mean his own skills didn't have a lot to do with it too. He only threw for 90 yards last week. Maybe this time Haley will call for a more aggressive passing game and maybe Cassel will deliver effectively.

C'mon folks. Everyone's talking about how the Ravens are one of the best or maybe even the best team in the NFL. And we had em' 24-24 late in the 4th quarter at their place. If we can do that, then what's so hard about seeing us beating the Giants at our own place? That Ravens game shows that ugly games like the Eagles one last week are not a given for every week.

Look at the Giants themselves. They beat the Redskins by only 23-17 at New York. And we've seen how bad the Redskins are with barely beating the Rams 9-7 in Washington, and then losing to the Lions. But Jason Campbell. Clinton Portis and the Redskins are professionals, and they darn nearly upset the Giants 24-23 in week one.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    We're at home. We're only 8 and a half point underdogs. Sure we're favored to lose but that hardly means winning is out of the question (or that it would be like winning millions in the lottery). The Chiefs are professionals. While I'm not expecting that we'll beat the Giants, I wouldn't act like it's the upset of the century if they do.

I'm looking forward to seeing this game and say GO CHIEFS all the way!

Turnovers can always make the difference too. If the Giants commit 2 or 3 that can easily cost them the game.

Cassel led the Patriots to 11-5 last year. Yes I Know he had a much better line and all that, but that doesn't mean his own skills didn't have a lot to do with it too. He only threw for 90 yards last week. Maybe this time Haley will call for a more aggressive passing game and maybe Cassel will deliver effectively.

C'mon folks. Everyone's talking about how the Ravens are one of the best or maybe even the best team in the NFL. And we had em' 24-24 late in the 4th quarter at their place. If we can do that, then what's so hard about seeing us beating the Giants at our own place? That Ravens game shows that ugly games like the Eagles one last week are not a given for every week.

Look at the Giants themselves. They beat the Redskins by only 23-17 at New York. And we've seen how bad the Redskins are with barely beating the Rams 9-7 in Washington, and then losing to the Lions. But Jason Campbell. Clinton Portis and the Redskins are professionals, and they darn nearly upset the Giants 24-23 in week one.
    The thing is yes we were in it with the Ravens, but you can't count on a blocked punt for a TD and a pick for, pretty much, a TD every game. The Chiefs played very similar against the Eagles that they did the Ravens, only this time we didn't have those gifts.

Also, the Giants are actually a much better road team than home team.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

bring back the spead formation...i bet we could win with it...the D has goten a lil bit better...

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    The thing is yes we were in it with the Ravens, but you can't count on a blocked punt for a TD and a pick for, pretty much, a TD every game. The Chiefs played very similar against the Eagles that they did the Ravens, only this time we didn't have those gifts.

Also, the Giants are actually a much better road team than home team.
    True those accounted for 2 of the scores in what otherwise would have been a 24-10 game at that point. And blocked punts for touchdowns are indeed rare. A scenario though where the Giants commit a fumble and an interception with at least one being in their own territory could be the break we need. Either those type of turnovers, or a big kick or punt return for a td or close to a td. (The problem with the latter is that it seems like it's been ages since the Chiefs have been able to have any kind of good return on kickoffs and punts).

I guess I feel people sometimes put too much weight in to what happened in the most recent game played. Like look at the Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hide Cardinals and Texans. The Cardinals lose at home to the 49ers. Then they rout Jacksonville on the road. Then they come back home and get routed by the Colts. Similarly, the Texans play awful at home against the Jets. Then they beat the Titans on the road. Only to go back home and lose to Jacksonville.

I was afraid going into Philly that we could have the trouble we did (as I said, I would have felt more optimistic had we finished off Oakland like we should have). And I'm afraid we'll have similar trouble against the Giants. But I'm also hopeful that we start to put it together better this week and play a good game against them. And perhaps get a big break or two like a turnover and/or big kick return.

If Thig was here at least he could get away from the Giants front 7 which is going to be painful

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast