Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OK someone's got to say it - we're not drafting Berry

Default OK someone's got to say it - we're not drafting Berry

So many of you seem to want to draft Berry. Which is OK, but you also seem to think it will happen. It won't.

Pioli's a guy who wouldn't draft a LB (Curry) last season because he didn't think LBs should be taken top-5. He isn't going to draft a safety top-5, top-10, or top-15, especially when we have big gaps on out OL and DL.

We're going Okung, Baluga, or Williams in the 1st round (barring a massive trade-down). There isn't a whole lot that can be guarenteed, but this can.

I agree that they need to address other positions but Safety is very weak ATM. So if Berry is there at #5 it's a no brainer!

ok first off I am for drafting Berry.

just a ? even if we went with a D line guy, how often are we going to get to the QB? We are not going to get a sack every play, it's just not going to happen. The safety gets in on some pass rushing on the QB.

Quite a few people are quick to say no way to Berry because of $$$ or to high of a pick for safety, it's wearing me out, he is one of the TOP RATED players in this draft, what is wrong with getting him?? Im tired of all this money talk B.S. ITS THE BIGGEST NEED ON THE TEAM RIGHT NOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kcallin View Post

just a ? even if we went with a D line guy, how often are we going to get to the QB? We are not going to get a sack every play, it's just not going to happen. The safety gets in on some pass rushing on the QB.

Quite a few people are quick to say no way to Berry because of $$$ or to high of a pick for safety, it's wearing me out, he is one of the TOP RATED players in this draft, what is wrong with getting him?? Im tired of all this money talk B.S. ITS THE BIGGEST NEED ON THE TEAM RIGHT NOW!!!!

Nothing is necessarily wrong with drafting him. I think the fact is too many people here know how Pioli works. He finds better value in drafting a safety in the mid to late rounds or through free agency. I won't say he will or will not draft Berry, but if he does it's very uncharacteristic for him.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    could not agree more. PASS RUSH and a good running D and the rest will look better right away.
    i agree with both of you as well and didnt mean to take what you said out of context i just dont see us taking another top pick on a defensive lineman or olb until later in the draft and the way weve talked bout our oline i dont see us putting more number one picks on the line with who have signed

Aaron Curry was THE top rated player in last year's draft. Darren McFadden was the same in 2008. Jamarcus Russell in 2007. Reggie Bush in 2006. I could care less about "top rated."

The Chiefs are a team that gave up the 6th most sacks in the league, and was 2nd to last in sacking the QB (they had 22, the leader had 48), and their biggest need is safety? That's a silly argument.

You're right, we're not going to get to the QB every play, but if you set a trend that you're going to get to the QB, it can kill an offenses game plan.

Who was the last great Chiefs safety? Deron Cherry? I recall Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas being on the same team for a couple years with him...

agree kcallin

Quote Originally Posted by jacko58 View Post
    i agree with both of you as well and didnt mean to take what you said out of context i just dont see us taking another top pick on a defensive lineman or olb until later in the draft and the way weve talked bout our oline i dont see us putting more number one picks on the line with who have signed
    Fair enough, I understand the hype with Berry. I do think he will probably be a good player, great is yet to be determined...It's a lot to invest into a safety.

I would love to see the Chiefs trade down to get a NT that can plug the middle. He's not going to be flashy, but it's such a critical position that the run and pass defense highly rely on. If he's taking up 2-3 blockers every play, our team is going to have success. And I also realize that we could take a defensive or offensive linemen and he could suck bad. But early picks on these guys tend to be more reliable. A lot of people get caught up with 40 times and guys that might make 1 or 2 big plays a year, I just think we can find a serviceable safety in the mid rounds.

ok let me make this real clear...F@#k getting a NT,OT at 5,or what the hell else S#$T that comes out of some "sport writers" mouth, we need a GOD@#$% safety, who does not understand the concept of the safety and the impact he would have????? Sometimes I feel like about the only one who is wanting the CHIEFS to get Berry.

ok let me make this real clear...F@#k getting a NT,OT at 5,or what the hell else S# that comes out of some "sport writers" mouth, we need a GOD@#$% safety, who does not understand the concept of the safety and the impact he would have????? Sometimes I feel like about the only one who is wanting the CHIEFS to get Berry.
    Another one who has over dosed on the Berry Juice!!!!
    No safety is going to look good until we fix the front seven!!!!

ok let me make this real clear...F@#k getting a NT,OT at 5,or what the hell else S# that comes out of some "sport writers" mouth, we need a GOD@#$% safety, who does not understand the concept of the safety and the impact he would have????? Sometimes I feel like about the only one who is wanting the CHIEFS to get Berry.
    I can assure you that you are not the only one that wants the Chiefs to get Berry. Also.. are you insinuating that sports writers are not real?

Resident Celebrity

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast