Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumour Mill: RGIII and Landry Jones MAY stay in School

Default Rumour Mill: RGIII and Landry Jones MAY stay in School

I just saw a post from Pojote that said "Now they are saying RGIII might stay in school" so I did some research and thought this might deserve it's own thread.

I guess "they" is some guy named Tony Pauline who tweeted
    Also- as of today the word is Robert Griffin III/Baylor & Landry Jones/Oklahoma will also return to school. Could change, still interesting

source
    ProFootballZone.com has picked up the story and ran with it ...
    Report: Robert Griffin III And Landry Jones Might Stay in School

According to Tony Pauline of SI.com, both Baylor’s Robert Griffin III and Oklahoma’s Landry Jones are leaning towards following in the footsteps of USC’s Matt Barkley by remaining in school for their senior season.

read more
    This was supposed to be the deepest QB draft in a long time, but it appears other QBs are assuming Andrew Luck will be the first pick and don't want to go 2nd.

They have until January 15 to make a final decision so who knows what will happen at this point, but this could change everything.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

A friend of mine ran into Landry Jones while shopping at Target in Norman, Ok. just before Christmas and he stated no decision would be made until after the bowl game. Not that he can't change his mind or anything....

RG3 was on espn today and said he had not made a choice either and that it most likely wouldn't come until the deadline. He said he is focused on the game tomorrow and would weigh the options afterward. Not to say he won't return just that a decision hasn't been made.

Think this also might become a trend due to the rookie wage scale.

It used to be so crazy to pass up the amount of money that would potentially be on the table, but now that it is basically set contracts, I think it is more likely we see this trend moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Think this also might become a trend due to the rookie wage scale.

It used to be so crazy to pass up the amount of money that would potentially be on the table, but now that it is basically set contracts, I think it is more likely we see this trend moving forward.
    This is true. The money that high draft picks got without ever having played a down was ridiculous and the owners had to do something about it. The veteran payers didn't care too much for it either.

Being the first overall pick will still make you an instant millionaire, but the pay scale drops quickly after that. If a player (like RGIII) feels he can be the 1st pick next year, it makes a lot of sense to stay in school.

Plus you always have that Bachelor's degree to fall back on.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

only bad thing about staying in school when demand for a QB is high, one knee injury in senior year from going millionare to homeless
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    only bad thing about staying in school when demand for a QB is high, one knee injury in senior year from going millionare to homeless
    That actually happens far less often than one might think. Besides, you could always suffer that same injury during any game in your junior year.

If your biggest fear is that you will get injured before you are drafted, you probably shouldn't be playing the game.

Jones should go back for another year. He has been incredibly average.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

RGIII is gonna go. What would be better then to leave a heisman winner along with a bowl game win?

I'll eat my shoe if he does not leave for the NFL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast