Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft reflection

Default Draft reflection

Whats up guys. I am just looking for some information on what you guys think about Eric Berry thus far in the season. I had Hoped he would fall to us (Seattle) but have been very impressed with Earl Thomas so far. I figured you guys would have more information than just raw stats. Congrast on the good start and Good luck with the rest.

He's been making some rookie mistakes and has blown a few plays in coverage, but you can definitely see that he has the potential to be special.

Eric Berry has changed the entire defense while not making a huge splash on the highlight tapes.

His run stopping ability has been outstanding and he never misses tackles in any situation. He really appears to lock down what ever side of the field that he's covering in deep and mid zone situations. His coverage ability is a huge step up to that of Bernard Pollard and Jarad Page who were the Chiefs previous safeties.

Like Captain America just said, he has blown some coverages that went for scores, but those were earleir in the year when he seemed to be biting on play action and underneath routes more. In all fairness he has shown much more discipline as of late.

The only thing that Eric really has to work on is man coverage responsibilities during plays that extend past the usual 3 seconds before the ball is thrown. When quarterbacks have held on to the ball and had time to search for a reciever, Eric has been beat by slots and tight ends numerously.

Overall as a rookie, this kid looks great and appears to be on the right track to be a huge name in KC.

How do you like Earl so far? From my understanding he's had a few hiccups as well but has also came through in big situations.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Berry has not come in and blown people away but it is really rare for any rookie to do that. But I don't think that he is doing anything that would make his being picked at number 5 overall a bad pick. One thing is clear the Defense is much better and part of that is because of Berry. I think that this D is going to be on top of the league real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Berry has not come in and blown people away but it is really rare for any rookie to do that. But I don't think that he is doing anything that would make his being picked at number 5 overall a bad pick. One thing is clear the Defense is much better and part of that is because of Berry. I think that this D is going to be on top of the league real soon.
    He's being outplayed by Earl Thomas and Nate Allen. Pretty unacceptable for the highest paid safety in NFL history.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    One thing is clear the Defense is much better and part of that is because of Crennel.
    Fixed.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    He's being outplayed by Earl Thomas and Nate Allen. Pretty unacceptable for the highest paid safety in NFL history.
    Couldn't agree more. It's still early, but thus far he hasn't done anything that a Safety drafted in rounds 2 through 5 couldn't be doing for the Chiefs -- case in point, 5th round draftee Kendrick Lewis.

I think you are underestimating his importance in stopping the run.. It has been huge!

I had expected more big plays from him, which is probably why you think he is being outplayed by Earl Thomas (Wow he is a ball hawk!) and Nate Allen.
    But when I try and follow him in games, you can see that he is almost always near the ball.. He works so hard, and he is so physically gifted! I like that about him..

Im sure that when he gains more experience the big plays will come..

But I can kind of agree that he might not be living up to his huge contract right now, but I think his ceiling is very, very high. Besides it is not like he isn't contributing..

Thats my 2 cents.

Compared to Moeoki and McCluster, he doesn't look as complete of a player yet. Give him time though.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Berry's been great! I'm glad they drafted him (as everyone knows ).

And bwilliams hasn't been around lately,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast