Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chase Daniel = Tyler Palko

Angry Chase Daniel = Tyler Palko

Oops I made a mistake. I meant to say Chase Daniel < Tyler Palko

Tyler Bray is still raw, so if Alex Smith goes down this season we are royally screwed.

I don't know, has Daniel or Bray either one taken any snaps with the first team offense?

I'm calling bs. Nobody is worse than Tyler Palko. Period.

It was a few series...he looked good against the Steelers...step back from the ledge.

I know Daniel has some KC followers due to the geography of his college career. In some posters' eyes my statement is borderline sacrilegious. But denying the fact that he is anything more than Tyler Palko is just blind local homerism. Sorry guys. But committing fairly big money to Daniel was a big mistake IMO. Sadly, I don't think they are in a position to bring in a QB let go by another team because of that very commitment. I will not belabor my point any further, but I think his play, if we are unlucky enough to require it this season, will prove my point.

On the other side of the coin I saw Tyler Bray grow in front of our eyes. His confidence seem to grow leaps and bounds with every play. I'm not saying this because of the 3 TD passes and the short FG drive. I'm basing it on the eye test. He is still raw and has ways to go, but if they manage to mature his head up, we may just have our QBOTF in house.

As for this season, though, let's hope for total health for Alex Smith. Our raw rookie and our Palko.2 will not save our *** in Alex goes down.
    Last edited by Frankenchief; 08-30-2013 at 12:55 PM.

chase looked ok up till the GB game so I am not worried, he should not have thrown the first pick but that was a breakdown on that blitz, I believe the running back was supposed to chip any blitzing LBs before going out
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Unfortunately with the points about Chase "looking OK" you have to consider that Tyler Palko occasionally "looked OK" too. They both look(ed) like college QBs trying to play the pro game.

The best case scenario if for Bray to mature and develop and beat Daniel out of the #2 position in 2014, and then have Bray challenge for the #1 job in 2015. Mark it down.

I think bray outplayed daniels this preseason but itsbhard to conpare cuz diferent personal on both sides

Bray seems to have the basic physical tools, raw as they still are. But he may have a Grbac-like immaturity. If I'm right with this (worst scenario) guess he will never amount to anything. Some people are immature to the core (Ryan Leaf anyone?), and some are just a product of some wildness of youth that they'll eventually come out of. For his sake and for the Chiefs sake let's hope Bray is the latter.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast