Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orton starting qb sunday

Default Orton starting qb sunday

I know i posted about orton all week. It was if healthy then a probably will yesterday. This thread is to say he is starting sunday.

Romeo Crennel Confirms Kyle Orton Starting Vs. Packers - Arrowhead Pride

OK already.
    SHUT IT

...So, what your saying is that Romeo Crennel Confirms Kyle Orton Starting Vs. Packers. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    OK already.

Don't read it if you don't like it
    Last edited by marloweopatchiefs; 12-17-2011 at 12:27 PM.

[quoe=Chiefster;247077]...So, what your saying is that Romeo Crennel Confirms Kyle Orton Starting Vs. Packers. Right? [/quote]

Yup completely different title then the previous one i made about orton maybe starting. Bike apparently didn't read both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post

Don't read it if you don't like it
    Too late. Just playing with ya... I'm just saying that Orton is nothin spectacular - he's been released by two teams in two years. And I doubt he'll even be around next year....
    SHUT IT

Too late. Just playing with ya... I'm just saying that Orton is nothin spectacular - he's been released by two teams in two years. And I doubt he'll even be around next year....

Yeah but he's better than Palko and is immensely more experienced than Stanzi, although I doubt at this point it makes much difference.

That's not quite right. The Bears didn't release him. They traded him for a QB that went to the pro bowl the year before the deal was made. and that was almost 3 years ago.

And the Broncos were dumb to release him. The only reason they did was because he asked them to so he could go somewhere and play. The Broncos gave into the fans and started playing Tevow and now that they are winning (regardless of how bad Tebow is playing) they are stuck. They knew Orton was going to be a free agent at the end of the year and my guess is they are going to try to get a "franchise QB" in the next draft.

I don't think Orton is all that great, either, but I think he is slightly better than Cassel (better passer, not as skittish in the pocket) and he is far better than Palko.

He may not be our future but he can be a quality starting QB on the right team and he definitely gives us the best chance to win right now.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    That's not quite right. The Bears didn't release him. They traded him for a QB that went to the pro bowl the year before the deal was made. and that was almost 3 years ago.

And the Broncos were dumb to release him. The only reason they did was because he asked them to so he could go somewhere and play. The Broncos gave into the fans and started playing Tevow and now that they are winning (regardless of how bad Tebow is playing) they are stuck. They knew Orton was going to be a free agent at the end of the year and my guess is they are going to try to get a "franchise QB" in the next draft.

I don't think Orton is all that great, either, but I think he is slightly better than Cassel (better passer, not as skittish in the pocket) and he is far better than Palko.

He may not be our future but he can be a quality starting QB on the right team and he definitely gives us the best chance to win right now.
    He's definetly the best qb on this roster at the moment - whatever that means. But he is not the future of this team. And with this season being essentially over, I tend to believe that almost 1 mil per game might be a little too steep for the role that he is here for. A good backup maybe - ala Brunell with the Jets - is a more likely scenerio for Orton in my view. I think Pioli had good intentions, but he jumped the gun in this case. Stanzi could have (possibly) filled in nicely for these last three meaningless games. Who knows. Maybe I'm just expecting to much out of this current regime...
    SHUT IT

I like Cassel's tenacity and leadership over Orton. I would love to see him play with a competent line, although at times he hangs on to the ball too long. I was impressed with Ricky Stanzi in preseason. Orton can no doubt put up numbers but he throws a lot of picks.
    "If only we could take the 90's D and our '03 O......there's our Superbowl" :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast