Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Norv Turner.....

Default Norv Turner.....

I would imagine his days are numbered in san diego, he and aj smith. Do you all think hell get another chance as a head coach or do you think we could get him in as an oc, i think that would be high profile amd would make the new hc, especially if its romeo, jjob easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Why so much Pioli hate? Sure he stuck his nose in Haleys business...but thats cause Haley was fu*king everything up. We dont have a new HC yet so how do you know he will or will not be able to choose his own staff?? Dont hate for the sake of hating.
    If you think someones a F up don't hire them. Don't try to run all over the guy pick his coordinators for him, stick him with a qb he clearly doesn't like, and micro manage every little detail. Haley got fired for personal reasons him and Pioli did not see eye to eye. How do you go from coach of the year, then lose a lot of your best players and get fired even though your still in play off contention (before Haley got fired we were still in play off contention), I'm not saying Haley is the best coach ever but I don't think you fire a guy for personal reasons he needs to drop the ego and get over himself.

We could go back and forth on this all day but in the end, they players look like they are playing again now that Haley is gone. That speaks volumes to me. We beat the Pack, we are not getting blown out of games. These guys want to play again.
    That is guesswork. I didn't think they were playing poorly (Palko aside) prior to that.

I heard players stick up for Todd Haley too.

But, I am not even insisting that Todd Haley was getting along with everybody. My initial problem with him was his overbearing attitude toward the people he works with.

So I don't find it crazy to suggest that his inability to co-exist with his others was his undoing.

However, it sure seems as if he was not being allowed to be the HC of this team, which would shift some of the blame for it all onto whoever was interfering with his coaching.

He is responsible for his own relationships with co-workers.

But I think we all know how difficult that could be if someone is making it impossible to do what you were hired to do.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I have to agree with Fig here.

If there was so much animosity between Pioli and Haley, I find it impossible to believe that things could be so black-and-white as to be pure wrong-doing by one, and pure innocence by the other.

And, as HC, I do believe that Todd Haley should have been selecting his own coaching staff from the beginning.

If that means that he should be allowed to call the plays on offense, then that is what the HC thinks is best, for him to coach that way.

If Pioli did, indeed, force OCs unto Haley, then perhaps Pioli just needs to step out onto the field and be the HC, himself.

There are few legitimate HC candidates who would put up with someone interfering with how they want to coach.

I am not anti-Pioli.

But I couldn't dream that he was Haley's pawn, and just a victim of the tyranny from his own employee.

Maybe Haley pushed back, as I think a HC should, if he is being hand-cuffed by the GM, but I think it quite silly to believe that there is only one side to the story.
    Thank you that's what I was trying to say. I don't hate Pioli and I don't know all the details but it was apparent Pioli tried to run over Haley and he didn't like it, but just last year Haley was coach of the year and we were in the playoffs, we lose our best offensive player Jamaal Charles, a pro-bowl safety, our best TE etc. and we still were winning games and he gets fired just like that. That doesn't even make since any other team would have kept Haley.

I'm just glad he's gone. He should have played Stanzi like Pioli told him to. That was the last straw for me. After getting blown out against the Jets. Why do you not put in STANZI?

Overall, I think Pioli has done a good job so far.

But, I think he has to take his share of whatever issues he and Haley had.

And, by dealing with it the way he did, he has really put himself in a situation where this offseason could be a huge factor in his grade in the near future.

If he brings in new coaching, and they are unable to get quick results, I am not going to be pointing at the new coaching staff, but the guy who put himself into the situation of having to make such coaching changes, right as the team seems to be coming together.

My expectations for 2012 are high.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    I'm just glad he's gone. He should have played Stanzi like Pioli told him to. That was the last straw for me. After getting blown out against the Jets. Why do you not put in STANZI?
    I don't agree with Haley's decision there.

But if Pioli told him to put Stanzi in, then I certainly understand the decision.

Pioli is not the HC. He should not be making decisions about who plays, because that is the coaches job.

I will build your house for you. I will use the materials you choose. And I will build it to the specifications you choose.

But you will not tell me which hand to hammer with.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Thank you that's what I was trying to say. I don't hate Pioli and I don't know all the details but it was apparent Pioli tried to run over Haley and he didn't like it, but just last year Haley was coach of the year and we were in the playoffs, we lose our best offensive player Jamaal Charles, a pro-bowl safety, our best TE etc. and we still were winning games and he gets fired just like that. That doesn't even make since any other team would have kept Haley.
    So let me get this straight...Pioli forced players and staff on Haley and he won Coach of the Year and make the playoffs and Pioli does not get any credit, but the following year he is the one to blame for those same players and coaches and he gets the blame??

We were not winning with Haley...he won 4 games and we were not competitive AT ALL in the losses. Sure we were still in playoff contention...not due to Haleys coaching but due to a weak division.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I don't agree with Haley's decision there.

But if Pioli told him to put Stanzi in, then I certainly understand the decision.

Pioli is not the HC. He should not be making decisions about who plays, because that is the coaches job.

I will build your house for you. I will use the materials you choose. And I will build it to the specifications you choose.

But you will not tell me which hand to hammer with.

So if a coach is doing something detrimental to the team (playing Palko, and we all know it was detrimental) just to spite the his boss, then we all have to just sit there and take it?? Im glad we have a GM that will step in and straighten out a coach in that situation.

And if every hammer in every nail with your left hand just to spite me and do it poorly...then you will get fired.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

So if a coach is doing something detrimental to the team (playing Palko, and we all know it was detrimental) just to spite the his boss, then we all have to just sit there and take it?? Im glad we have a GM that will step in and straighten out a coach in that situation.

And if every hammer in every nail with your left hand just to spite me and do it poorly...then you will get fired.
    I agree! Lets also look at A HC trying to micromanage. I am just glad a change was made now, and hope better choices will be made. I am ready for better things from my team. I have been ready for far to long! Get it Done!

In my opinion Haley cost this team a shot at the playoffs by sticking with Palko WAY beyond what he should have. It was blatantly obvious to everyone watching the games that Palko was not the answer. Blatantly obvious. There was no harm in testing the rookie(Stanzi).

Combine that with everything else that has been said, Haley was making poor decisions on and off the field.

Getting back to the point of the thread, if the Chiefs hire Norv Turner in any capacity then more heads should roll. That guy singlehandedly has imploded the Chargers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast