Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yahoo News : Pioli's three big issues: Herm, Thigpen, and Tony G (Yahoo! Sports)

Default Yahoo News : Pioli's three big issues: Herm, Thigpen, and Tony G (Yahoo! Sports)

Former New England Patriots general manager Scott Pioli is the brand new GM of the Kansas City Chiefs , which...

More...

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Is it just me or do we keep him til he's 50 and broken. If he wants out we chain him up and don't let him out until they want him in Canton and we have to let him go.
    Thats what I'm talkin' about!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    ...or you trade him to a team that you think is a SuperBowl contender that ends up sh!tting the bed and does not make the playoffs and we (the Chiefs) manage to win our division, make the playoffs and come up one passing weapon short of going deep into the playoffs. I believe Tiki Barber retired from the Giants the year before their SB. Think he regrets his decision?
    True, but you cant just not trade players becuase the team that they are going to, which is supposed to be a SB contender, may not win it. And a player that wants to go to a SB contender to finish out his hall of fame career with a SB win will think the same thing.

Like I said, I would love to see TG in KC next season. Hell, he is half of the offense, but I think, that if he feels like he wants out ( which he did say earlier in the season, but I haven't heard anything lately on it ) then we should go ahead and let him becuase he has given his life, his career for the chiefs and been everything that they ever could have wanted. He deserves to be given the respect that he has garnered.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    True, but you cant just not trade players becuase the team that they are going to, which is supposed to be a SB contender, may not win it. And a player that wants to go to a SB contender to finish out his hall of fame career with a SB win will think the same thing.

Like I said, I would love to see TG in KC next season. Hell, he is half of the offense, but I think, that if he feels like he wants out ( which he did say earlier in the season, but I haven't heard anything lately on it ) then we should go ahead and let him becuase he has given his life, his career for the chiefs and been everything that they ever could have wanted. He deserves to be given the respect that he has garnered.
    Yeah, but we can not trade a player because he is under contract with th Chiefs. We don't have to trade a guy just because he wants it.

So you would be willing to trade "half our offense" for a third round pick? Does that seem like a good idea? Why does trading him = respect? I think letting him retire a Chief while trying to win a championship for him is a much more respectful way to treat him.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post

Yeah but if times are harsh in a marriage, you don't just give up. Within football this is exactly how it is, some marriages just don't work, but this is not the case here. Tony G just needs to remember the through thick and thin part, when he retires, believe me he'll be talking about bleeding Kansas City red.

Yeah, but we can not trade a player because he is under contract with th Chiefs. We don't have to trade a guy just because he wants it.

So you would be willing to trade "half our offense" for a third round pick? Does that seem like a good idea? Why does trading him = respect? I think letting him retire a Chief while trying to win a championship for him is a much more respectful way to treat him.
    This is not just any player, this is quite possibly the best player that KC has ever had on the team, and he has been nothing but a bright spot, and an utmost professional in the way he has approached the game on and off the field. This is why I am in the mindset that he deserves to be treated more along the lines of a human, rather than just a contract and a body. I am not TG, but if he still feels the same way from when he vocalized earlier this year that he wished to be on a SB contender, I think that he would take a different view on the 'respect' of 'letting' him retire on a team that probabaly wont have a shot at a championship while he can still play.

And you are correct, we dont 'have' to trade him, because he is under contract, and I am not saying KC should trade him becuase of any other reason than the fact that it would be the right thing to do for TG. I am going on the premise that the Kansas City Chiefs should show some love for a man who has made them millions of dollars, and been the face of the franchise. It goes both ways, just as TG showed his respect for the organization, played last year at the best of his ability after the trade deadline passed, after CP said he would get him traded, like the professional and good person that he is, its time for the Chiefs to do the same for him

Again, I want him to be back, he is a great player with several years left. And when I say 'half our offense' I am embelishing a bit. We could or could not take whatever we get for him and turn it into something positive, but that is not the point.

To get away from the 'why' for a moment I will say this as well; If he does get traded I say the Chiefs demand a 3rd round + conditionals, (whether it be draft picks/pick trades or whatever) just like they did last year before the deadline. The main difference here is, this time they will get it.

I guess I think that trying to win him a championship in Red and Gold is a much better way to show our appreciation than trade him as a rent a player to a team that might make it to the SuperBowl. Where do you think he would rather win, KC or 31 other cities?

This turned into the Tony G thread... LoL

I guess I think that trying to win him a championship in Red and Gold is a much better way to show our appreciation than trade him as a rent a player to a team that might make it to the Super Bowl. Where do you think he would rather win, KC or 31 other cities?
    Tony deserves a SB ring, from a KANSAS CITY CHIEF'S SUPER BOWL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we can do it, have faith.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12