Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs sign FA WR Jerheme Urban

Default Chiefs sign FA WR Jerheme Urban

Source: Adam Schefter, Twitter Machine

WR Jerheme Urban, who used to play for Todd Haley in Arizona, now will do so in Kansas City. A free agent, Urban signed with the Chiefs.
    Another signing I like a lot. Urban battled for time, but was always buried in the depth chart behind Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston. He probably doesn't project as more than a 3rd or 4th Wide Receiver though. Nevertheless, I'm glad to have him and see if we can make a name out of him!
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 03-11-2010 at 01:42 AM.

This could be an interesting pick up. I don't know much about him, so I'll have to go look up some highlights!

I've seen him play a bit when he was with Arizona. Seemed like a decent 4th receiver/special team type.

I remember watching a game and the announcers talkign very highly of him. Who knows maybe given the right oppurtunity he can be a stud LETS HOPE LOL

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I've seen him play a bit when he was with Arizona. Seemed like a decent 4th receiver/special team type.
    He is a much better player than a 4th/special teamer. Really good hands and goes across the middle with no regard for his body. Certainly not a homerun guy but will definitely get you first downs and in Az was very, very good on 3rd and long. Maybe because he was Warner's 3rd option and teams knew it but none the less made the plays. I like this pick up especially with the inconsistancy of the WR's last season. I'm callin it now.....if Bowe doesn't improve DRASTICALLY this year with his catches/drops, he will find his butt on the bench or on his way outta town!!

Got to love having fresh Chiefs news each day...

Now if we can just sign Lijia...
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    He is a much better player than a 4th/special teamer. Really good hands and goes across the middle with no regard for his body. Certainly not a homerun guy but will definitely get you first downs and in Az was very, very good on 3rd and long. Maybe because he was Warner's 3rd option and teams knew it but none the less made the plays. I like this pick up especially with the inconsistancy of the WR's last season. I'm callin it now.....if Bowe doesn't improve DRASTICALLY this year with his catches/drops, he will find his butt on the bench or on his way outta town!!
    No way man, Bowe is one of the greatest receivers in NFL history. He's a great human being.

Just ruffling your feathers.

By the way, a note from Wikipedia regarding Urban during his Seattle days:

Urban is considered by many to be the ultimate team player. Seattle Post-Intelligencer sportswriter Jim Miller wrote of Urban's tenure with the Seahawks that he "...wasn't a good soldier, he was a great one." Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said of Urban, "Whatever the definition of a Seahawk is, he's it."

Lance long, urban, haley, pendergrast(last year), .too bad we couldn't get Boldin.

I'm all for bringing in guys like Urban to compete for a spot. I want the best 53 guys on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    By the way, a note from Wikipedia regarding Urban during his Seattle days:
    That about sums it up! From what I saw the last couple years, he's the ultimate team player!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast