Jacksonville Jaguars

Sunday, September 8, Noon CDT
    at
    EverBank Field

Television coverage:
    CBS

Watch online:

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    And when we're stuck at 8-8 for eternity.
    Bet that doesn't happen, either.

Ok, no one bring him up and I won't talk about him anymore. I would prefer to talk about the Chiefs but for some reason TexasChief can't let it go.
    Man....I try to be decent to you but you TOTALLY misconstrue me. Look....we all know you think we should have taken Geno as #1. But we didn't. Get over it. That girl dumped you a long time ago. If you can't get over it, then become a Jets fan. Not hard. You wanna be a Chiefs fan but retain fond thoughts of "what coulda, woulda, shoulda" been I won't hold it against you. At 56 and a Chiefs fan since the late 60's I got PLENTY of coulda, woulda, shouldas.......but Reid and Dorsey decided different. But I AM A CHIEFS FAN and until Reid and Dorsey prove they are morons they will have my FULL SUPPORT. And the same goes for Alex Smith. And if you are a Chiefs fan you should do the same!

I'm not saying you can't talk about Geno from time to time. Who the hell knows....you might even be right. Maybe we should have taken Geno. I don't think so, but I'm not stupid enough to think I know everything.

But I'll tell you what....I'm really trying to give you a chance. Some others don't want to as you can see. So how about you try to stop making me look like a complete fool for being decent to you and cut me the same slack I'm cutting you?

How about for every 1 time you go on about Geno you make 5 posts talking about the Chiefs when they do well? A Chiefs fan would do that because a Chiefs fan would care more about the present than the past.

How 'bout it? Can you act like a Chiefs fan?

And for anyone that is trying to get you into a Geno vs Alex fight....how about you just ignore that and just be a Chiefs fan?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Man....I try to be decent to you but you TOTALLY misconstrue me. Look....we all know you think we should have taken Geno as #1. But we didn't. Get over it. That girl dumped you a long time ago. If you can't get over it, then become a Jets fan. Not hard. You wanna be a Chiefs fan but retain fond thoughts of "what coulda, woulda, shoulda" been I won't hold it against you. At 56 and a Chiefs fan since the late 60's I got PLENTY of coulda, woulda, shouldas.......but Reid and Dorsey decided different. But I AM A CHIEFS FAN and until Reid and Dorsey prove they are morons they will have my FULL SUPPORT. And the same goes for Alex Smith. And if you are a Chiefs fan you should do the same!

I'm not saying you can't talk about Geno from time to time. Who the hell knows....you might even be right. Maybe we should have taken Geno. I don't think so, but I'm not stupid enough to think I know everything.

But I'll tell you what....I'm really trying to give you a chance. Some others don't want to as you can see. So how about you try to stop making me look like a complete fool for being decent to you and cut me the same slack I'm cutting you?

How about for every 1 time you go on about Geno you make 5 posts talking about the Chiefs when they do well? A Chiefs fan would do that because a Chiefs fan would care more about the present than the past.

How 'bout it? Can you act like a Chiefs fan?

And for anyone that is trying to get you into a Geno vs Alex fight....how about you just ignore that and just be a Chiefs fan?

Why don't other people stop talking about Geno? It is the others that keep bringing him up. If someone challenges my view I will respond. I'm willing to commit to a "Geno truce."

I have law exams this week, I'll be back next weekend!
    Last edited by MyManHali; 09-09-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Bet that doesn't happen, either.

BTW Dempsey,

TexasChief and I have a "loser leaves board" wager if Alex Smith throws for over 25 touchdowns this season. You and I should go for an avatar challenge. Let's say if they go over .500 you pick my av, if they are under I pick yours. Deal?

How can one jerk hijack a positive thread after a good game and a good start to the season to babble garbage about another team and their QB. Who cares what another team did or didn't do. If everyone would stop feeding the troll that would be the end of it, even better if everyone would put him on ignore like I have you would not have to read his dribble, I have no idea what he has been saying other quotes in others replies, I think he does it just to get your goat. This has feeding has been going on for about 4-5 pages enough already. I come here to talk and read about the Chiefs not another team!

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    How can one jerk hijack a positive thread after a good game and a good start to the season to babble garbage about another team and their QB. Who cares what another team did or didn't do. If everyone would stop feeding the troll that would be the end of it, even better if everyone would put him on ignore like I have you would not have to read his dribble, I have no idea what he has been saying other quotes in others replies, I think he does it just to get your goat. This has feeding has been going on for about 4-5 pages enough already. I come here to talk and read about the Chiefs not another team!

Same here, but TexasChief keeps talking about Geno Smith.

ctchiefsfan,

MMH's problem is he is obsessed with this 'monkey see-monkey do' type of BS about "Chiefs gotta draft and develop a franchise QB" because other teams have done it. Nothing could be further from the truth & it's never happened in Chiefs history regardless of the regime & that's been pointed out to him countless times. Maybe it could happen with this new regime, but I'll believe it when I see it, and I'll bet against it knowing the Chiefs history like I do.

It's also been pointed out to him that drafting a QB in round 1 doesn't guarantee anything. Look at Tebow drafted in round 1 by Denver only to be discarded & replaced by Peyton Manning. Steve Fuller & Todd Blackledge by the Chiefs. The list goes on and on.

It's also been pointed out to him regarding Bray, that the Chiefs most likely already have their QBOTF with him & that Bray turned in the single best performance of any Chiefs rookie QB in the preseason...EVER. And I'll bet money that Andy Reid DOES develop Bray into a quality QB.

And yet, he stills harps on with the regurgitated dog-sh!t about "drafting and developing a franchise QB or else we'll always be 8-8" like he's got LSD suppositories down to an art form or something.

BTW Dempsey,

TexasChief and I have a "loser leaves board" wager if Alex Smith throws for over 25 touchdowns this season. You and I should go for an avatar challenge. Let's say if they go over .500 you pick my av, if they are under I pick yours. Deal?
    Ah, you just inserted your foot in your mouth, there. You said 8-8 for eternity, which we know isn't going to happen. You've already lost that bet.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-09-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Why don't other people stop talking about Geno? It is the others that keep bringing him up. If someone challenges my view I will respond. I'm willing to commit to a "Geno truce."

I have law exams this week, I'll be back next weekend!
    Dude.....you brought that on yourself. Yeah....your apology was good enough for me to give you another chance, but some people don't give people 2cond and 3rd chances as easily as I do. Some people simply didn't believe your apology.....and I can't really blame them. You have a LOT of proving to do before some people on this board will accept you.

Face facts. Geno is NOT a Chief. And he is not going to be one unless we pick him up as one of the retreads you hate so much. GET OVER IT!

I'll tell you straight up.....I don't care if Alex turns out to be the worst dud the Chiefs have ever seen. I'll STILL be a Chiefs fan. And I don't care if Geno wins the next 10 Superbowls. He still won't be a Chief.

And what will you get if Geno turns out to be a genious and Alex turns out to be a dud? A chance to tell everybody "I told you so". But that still won't make you a CHIEFS FAN. It will just make you a self-centered little ash-hole.

STOP acting like you are the smartest man in the world and start acting like a CHIEFS FAN!!!

In my absolute last attempt to be decent to you until you show you deserve it, I wish you well with your law school exams and leave you with a YouTube about lawyers who throughout my years have generally been my closest and most important friends.....

Now, back to today's game. Good job by the Defense against the run holding the Jags to 71 rushing yards and a measly 3.1 YPC average. I really don't believe that everybody the Jags play for the rest of the season is going to do that to them. And I don't believe the Jags O-Line is that bad. I just believe that Dontari Poe has become that GOOD and is showing what good coaching can do for a player.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    ctchiefsfan,

MMH's problem is he is obsessed with this 'monkey see-monkey do' type of BS about "Chiefs gotta draft and develop a franchise QB" because other teams have done it. Nothing could be further from the truth & it's never happened in Chiefs history regardless of the regime & that's been pointed out to him countless times. Maybe it could happen with this new regime, but I'll believe it when I see it, and I'll bet against it knowing the Chiefs history like I do.

It's also been pointed out to him that drafting a QB in round 1 doesn't guarantee anything. Look at Tebow drafted in round 1 by Denver only to be discarded & replaced by Peyton Manning. Steve Fuller & Todd Blackledge by the Chiefs. The list goes on and on.

It's also been pointed out to him regarding Bray, that the Chiefs most likely already have their QBOTF with him & that Bray turned in the single best performance of any Chiefs rookie QB in the preseason...EVER. And I'll bet money that Andy Reid DOES develop Bray into a quality QB.

And yet, he stills harps on with the regurgitated dog-sh!t about "drafting and developing a franchise QB or else we'll always be 8-8" like he's got LSD suppositories down to an art form or something.

Ah, you just inserted your foot in your mouth, there. You said 8-8 for eternity, which we know isn't going to happen. You've already lost that bet.
    brdempsey69......

I know. I'm just trying to be decent to the guy. I think I was one of the first guys here to call MMO a troll and I'm almost certain I was the first to put him on my ignore list. But I took his "apology thread" at face value and I'm trying to give the guy another chance. And he is trying my last nerve right to the end.

That said, some good Chiefs Fans are calling him out by bringing up Geno and I don't think we should. Give the kid a chance. Let him shut up about Geno. Why egg him on?

I know I am comparatively new here and I am an "out of area" Chiefs Fan so my thoughts don't carry the weight of a "local" fan, but it's so damned sad what has happened to this site since he arrived. So many regulars I don't see any more and it's all due to the fighting.

One of the moderators has offered to ban him pretty much upon request. What say we all shut up about Geno and see if he will do the same? If he doesn't then we'll just get him banned and go about the important business of making ChiefsCrowd a happy place again.

But like I said.....I'm pretty new here and an "out of area" fan, so my opinion doesn't carry a lot of weight. I'd just like to see what is wrong with ChiefsCrowd get fixed or failing that have a public execution. And I'll tell you true.....one more "diss" of Alex Smith and I'd rather go with the public execution.

Sincerely....ctchiefsfan