Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody care at this point???

Default Anybody care at this point???

Larry Johnson, RB KC
    News: Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said Tuesday that running back Larry Johnson, sidelined the past six games with a foot injury, might get on the field this week at Detroit. Johnson has been slowly doing more and more and could actually go through a full practice this week. "We're going to try to limit him some and see what he can do in practice, see where he's at," Edwards said

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Larry Johnson, RB KC
    News: Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said Tuesday that running back Larry Johnson, sidelined the past six games with a foot injury, might get on the field this week at Detroit. Johnson has been slowly doing more and more and could actually go through a full practice this week. "We're going to try to limit him some and see what he can do in practice, see where he's at," Edwards said

Why won't any body listen to me? I am being totally seriel with you guys, but you just won't listen. Why can't I be cool? I wanna be cool guys. Could you please just pretend like I am a grown-up? I need to feel important. You guys are hurting my feelings.
    Last edited by chief31; 12-21-2007 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    i care...just not sure what my opinion is at the moment.

maybe he can get in and do well and bring his trade value up?

what reason does he have to play anymore this year?

for his sake, he would be better off resting the injury as long as he can until he has to start getting ready for next season.
    His trade value is zero even when healthy.

After the contract we gave him, he has absolutely no trade value whatsoever. Good work there Carl.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    His trade value is zero even when healthy.

Why won't any body listen to me? I am being totally seriel with you guys, but you just won't listen. Why can't I be cool? I wanna be cool guys. Could you please just pretend like I am a grown-up? I need to feel important.
    Last edited by chief31; 12-21-2007 at 01:00 AM.

I watched the press conference and Herm was as evasive as ever, and said nothing specific about Larry's injury...

Almost as if he wanted to trade him in the off season.

Herm hasn't a clue.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    sad and true.

i need to go search and find my post back when they redid his contract where i said that move will haunt the chiefs for the next few years.
    I'm not sure it will haunt them if they retool the line and he runs like he did last year.

I have to admit that I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the Chiefs decided to trade Kolby Smith. I believe that that would be a huge mistake, but with L.J. locked-in, I doubt that they are going to be able to get rid of him.

Although, the fact that he is trying so hard to get back on the field leads me to wonder if he might not be willing to take a pay-cut to go play somewhere else.

As stated above, there is no other reason to rush back from this injury, than to prove that the injury isn't a big deal.

Why bother? If youa are happy with the contract, and certainly don't feel like you are going to be benched, (due to the contracts size), then it makes perfgect sense to rest it, and allow it to heal to the fullest, in order to be ready for next season.

The same rationality would apply for the organization. Why let him back on the field? Of course you want to win, but the guy who is playing in his stead is doing better than he was anyway.

All of this is making me wonder if they aren't trying to make LJs trade-value go back up, just enough to let him get away.

But, I don't think that it will work without LJs cooperation, in renegotiating with another team. Because he simply doesn't have the value to constitute his current contract.

There is absolutely no reason to play LJ this year at all. I don't understand why they would even consider this. Personally, I think they are just blowing more smoke.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I have to admit that I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the Chiefs decided to trade Kolby Smith. I believe that that would be a huge mistake, but with L.J. locked-in, I doubt that they are going to be able to get rid of him.

Although, the fact that he is trying so hard to get back on the field leads me to wonder if he might not be willing to take a pay-cut to go play somewhere else.

As stated above, there is no other reason to rush back from this injury, than to prove that the injury isn't a big deal.

Why bother? If youa are happy with the contract, and certainly don't feel like you are going to be benched, (due to the contracts size), then it makes perfgect sense to rest it, and allow it to heal to the fullest, in order to be ready for next season.

The same rationality would apply for the organization. Why let him back on the field? Of course you want to win, but the guy who is playing in his stead is doing better than he was anyway.

All of this is making me wonder if they aren't trying to make LJs trade-value go back up, just enough to let him get away.

But, I don't think that it will work without LJs cooperation, in renegotiating with another team. Because he simply doesn't have the value to constitute his current contract.
    You said it all in the last paragraph guy.

This injury he suffered, along with our line, is the end of my favorite players career.

He never quite did Shaun Alexander records, but while LJ was on the field (the other last couple of years), I thought he would run over anyone.

I hope he can make a comeback, big time.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast