Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Sounds like we have a new QB !

Default Sounds like we have a new QB !

My pick for QB to pick up since Croyle went down is about to come true it seems barring a physical . heres the link :

http://www.bobgretz.com/

I just heard culpepper is going to KC on tuesday and wants to cut a deal but it will have to be a multi year deal if he is to sign a contract...

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I just heard culpepper is going to KC on tuesday and wants to cut a deal but it will have to be a multi year deal if he is to sign a contract...
    I hope not. I don't like the guy as a QB at all.

I was not able to see the game in my area but did see the hi-lites and I have to admit, Thigpen looked good, he seemed to be more relaxed. He could turn out to be pretty good in the long run. But, if culpepper steps in, with herm and carl in charge, thigpen may only have 2 or 3 weeks to prove himself.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    This is the first game that I have been able to watch live, and I have yet to go back and review it, but I know that I liked what I saw today.

That said, that is only two games, out of seven.

But, I am not going to give all of the credit for Thigpens game to the o-line. They just did what they are supposed to do, and Thigpen showed what he can do with some consistent protection.

If we can get another game or two with that kind of protection, I would be willing to start evaluating Thigpen. Lol.

I simmply refuse to evaluate a QB with the cluster-f*** that has been our protection this season. (Denver and Jets games aside.)

Also, the first Flowers INT was really a 'gimmee', but that pick-6 was all him. He was able to knock the Wr off his route, and place himself where Favre expected that WR to be. Very big play.

Yeah, I was watching the highlights at NFL.com and the "reel guys" said Favre just threw it right to him.
    BUT, the beat goes on in Flowertown, and his game just keeps elevating. If he can keep his work ethic as strong and consistent as Tony has over the years, he'll be going to the Hall at the same spot on the chart:
    #1.

Also like to point out that Tamba Hali had a huge game returning to the LDE spot. Both of Favres first two INTs were caused by Hali getting a hand on Favres throwing arm. And he also got a sack aside from those.

Tamba is a guy I don't talk about much because I evaluate him as being a guy who thrives when he's got real and consistent support with him on the line. Not to say he couldn't be a leader( he's taken at least one unorthadox route in terms of his personal training in an effort to elevate his game ), but I think he plays better when he knows he's not "going out alone", so to speak.
    So what I'm saying is, at this point in the rebuild; it's just too early to make a call on him.
    I do hope he succeeds, because he DOES come off to me as a guy who really WANT's to be better, and is willing to work to make it happen.

I know we lost the game, and it might not have been so close if The Jets had come out running the ball, as they should have, but I really liked what I was seeing in certain areas.

I came out of this game just as high as the Denver win because we played a better team than Denver, some very noticeable improvements were made, and My Number One Son got the drop on one of the best Quarterbacks to ever play the game.
    MUCH better than last week.

And it has been awhile since I was able to say that. (I kept my hopes in check with The Donkos game.)
    Being a Chiefs fan is WORK, but where would you rather be?

I was not able to see the game in my area but did see the hi-lites and I have to admit, Thigpen looked good, he seemed to be more relaxed. He could turn out to be pretty good in the long run. But, if culpepper steps in, with herm and carl in charge, thigpen may only have 2 or 3 weeks to prove himself.
    Here's the props I'm going to give Thigpen:

When asked earlier in the week if he felt he'd have a better game knowing for certain that he was going to start, he said "Absolutely, it makes a difference and I will be better".
    And it did, and he was.
    Now I know that sounds like a pretty stock answer from any pro athlete, but after hearing Brodie, Damon, Carl, and Herm speak this same kind of tag line ad-nausem, it's refreshing and hopeful to see one of our Chiefs DELIVER ON IT!
    So mad props to Tyler, and I hope I AM wrong about him because I appreciate a true underdog and I like to WIN.

And a Mad Shout-Out to Pauls Valley!
    Old Weatherford, Hobart, and Colony kid here.

Brodie was given a fair chance to prove himself and in my book he failed and should be cut at years end, as for DH, he has been up one game and down the next. Who knows what will happen with Gray, he says he can be ready in two weeks and culpepper, well we'll have to see what kind of a deal he is willing to make. It's also been said if LJ gets cut we will be able to recoop some of the 19 mill he is planning to get. This would work well for next years cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Being a Chiefs fan is WORK, but where would you rather be?
    While I can't say too much in favor of our defense, other than Hali and Flowers, I am hoping that the O-line is starting to get a feel for each other, and that they will be able to continue to improve because of it.

If they protect similar to the way they did today, on a consistent basis, and upgrade their overall run-blocking, I may be able to get behind the first-round QB talk.

But, if they revert back to where they were before this game, then I will continue to push for the o-line. If Albert finishes the season as well as he has started it, then that would be enough for me to lower my o-line draft expectations to second-third round. (with, hopefully, a decent vet being added.)

For this week though, I am actually excited about how that group, whoever they were, performed. And will likely stay off their backs for now. (I'm not a Punter anyway.)

Brodie was given a fair chance to prove himself and in my book he failed and should be cut at years end, as for DH, he has been up one game and down the next. Who knows what will happen with Gray, he says he can be ready in two weeks and culpepper, well we'll have to see what kind of a deal he is willing to make. It's also been said if LJ gets cut we will be able to recoop some of the 19 mill he is planning to get. This would work well for next years cap.
    You know, I always said that "I love everything about Brodie Croyle except his game". I was pulling for him big-time, but the one concern we all had about him was the one bulls eye he nailed in New England.
    And then again against Tennessee.
    I feel for the guy, I really do. He was the kind of guy you wanted as a figurehead for your team; great stand-up background with his family and a steady, easygoing, and unassuming kind of manner.
    And I think it's only fair to shovel at least half of the overall failure in Herm's direction. Herm did "help" in getting him injured.

As for LJ, the guy is just straight-up poison to this team and I want him gone.
    We've had a relatively "thug-free" franchise history, and I'd like to keep it that way. If you want to be a hip-hop star and act like a jackass, that's fine; just take it somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    While I can't say too much in favor of our defense, other than Hali and Flowers.

Whoa there Kimosabe; that's the easiest fix of all!

All you gotta' do is draft/FA 2 on the line, pick up a top-tier OLB, and your good for starting.

Kick Donnie, Jared, and Pat to the curb, give "Crusher" Williams and Morgan to play with, put "SportsCarr" back on the field and it's a done deal. You're ready now.

The REAL question/issue is; DJ and Gun. If we're sticking with C-2( which I think sucks donkey-b*lls ), then Gun has to go.
    If we take the high road, let Gun do his thing, and commit to a pass-rush, DJ has to go and we need another drafted/FA OLB.
    I want the pass rush because I'm confident that Morgan and Williams can handle the run. Pollard's a good stop-gap, but he can't do it all on his own. Morgan's a hitter; do not doubt it.
    And finally, Carr and Flowers have both shown us that if we can make a QB rush, hesitate, misread, or stuble; they're gonna' be right there to capitalize on it.
    We've GOT tools, we just need to use them.

I am hoping that the O-line is starting to get a feel for each other, and that they will be able to continue to improve because of it.

If they protect similar to the way they did today, on a consistent basis, and upgrade their overall run-blocking, I may be able to get behind the first-round QB talk.

But, if they revert back to where they were before this game, then I will continue to push for the o-line. If Albert finishes the season as well as he has started it, then that would be enough for me to lower my o-line draft expectations to second-third round. (with, hopefully, a decent vet being added.)

For this week though, I am actually excited about how that group, whoever they were, performed. And will likely stay off their backs for now. (I'm not a Punter anyway.)
    I'm on the O-Line bandwagon too I guess.