Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the game

Default Thoughts on the game

Printers seemed like the best QB out there although it was against scrubs

Chiefs got robbed on the two point decision although it was called by the Dolphins to avoid overtime.

Dolphins secondary was ineffective except for lehan most of the night.

Huard was unsuccesful against the dolphins first team D although they were without the regular starters. this should be a concern.

Neither team made much of an attempt to go downfield.
    Clearly both teams were working short drops because of shaky O lines needing to gel.

Chiefs first team run D should be in the corner wearing a dunce cap.

Either the Chiefs special teams are really good or the dolphins cant block anyone on returns.

Dolphins punter was outkicking his protection allowing good returns.

I would like to see printers play against 1st team just to see.....

Not sure why dolphins speedy first rounder was not returning kicks?

Looking for some gameplanning for both teams in week three. Maybe some script for the first quarter.

Both teams have some glaring holes at this point. I think that LJ returning and some solidification on the O line will help the chiefs cause. The D line needs to step up

I think when the real pass rushers suit up for the dolphins, that will take some heat off the secondary and they will return for another top 5 defensive showing.
    The O probably will struggle for several weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    I agree with this excpet for Huard. He was awful. The passes he did get to throw sucked for the most part, so why let him make more bad passes?

Printers absolutely rocked last night.
    Luv, if Huard played like a champion, you would tell us all how lucky he was. Your opinion on the matter is as biased as any I have seen. Almost as if Huard were wearing some other jersey.

Bottom line... Huard was 3-5, that's 60%, in an extremely limited opportunity. Which is clearly "aweful". Peyton Manning was also 3-5, so surely those two garbage quarterbacks should be benched and fast. Hell, Tom Brady managed to throw for 52%, with a pair of picks. So, maybe he should become a back-up too.

But, don't worry. Herm sees it your way too. He is clearly giving Croyle a chance, while making sure that Huard doesn't get the opportunity to make a fool of him, by doing what he did last season. Croyle will be the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Luv, if Huard played like a champion, you would tell us all how lucky he was. Your opinion on the matter is as biased as any I have seen. Almost as if Huard were wearing some other jersey.

Bottom line... Huard was 3-5, that's 60%, in an extremely limited opportunity. Which is clearly "aweful". Peyton Manning was also 3-5, so surely those two garbage quarterbacks should be benched and fast. Hell, Tom Brady managed to throw for 52%, with a pair of picks. So, maybe he should become a back-up too.

But, don't worry. Herm sees it your way too. He is clearly giving Croyle a chance, while making sure that Huard doesn't get the opportunity to make a fool of him, by doing what he did last season. Croyle will be the starter.
    You aren't seriously making a case for Huard to be the starter based on this preseason are you? He has been about as accurate as my six year old. (maybe a little more distance though) I am not saying that Croyle has been spectacular, but at least he found the end zone. Huard so far this year has looked like the Huard I have seen over the last 11 or 12 years, not the Huard we all saw last year.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    You aren't seriously making a case for Huard to be the starter based on this preseason are you? He has been about as accurate as my six year old. (maybe a little more distance though) I am not saying that Croyle has been spectacular, but at least he found the end zone. Huard so far this year has looked like the Huard I have seen over the last 11 or 12 years, not the Huard we all saw last year.

Given nine attempts, in two games hardly says a thing about him. The case that I am making is that he isn't being given a chance. Then when you consider the fact that Croyle will get at least half of a game, this coming week, with the starters, where Huard will get another four, or five attempts, how does anyone see this as a competition? This is Herm forcing a guy into the starting role. I have nothing against Croyle, as I had nothing against Trent Green, or Elvis Grbac. ( At the exact moment that he was awarded the start in the playoffs.)
    It's a matter of giving the guy who has been successful, a chance to win the job.

Given nine attempts, in two games hardly says a thing about him. The case that I am making is that he isn't being given a chance. Then when you consider the fact that Croyle will get at least half of a game, this coming week, with the starters, where Huard will get another four, or five attempts, how does anyone see this as a competition? This is Herm forcing a guy into the starting role. I have nothing against Croyle, as I had nothing against Trent Green, or Elvis Grbac. ( At the exact moment that he was awarded the start in the playoffs.)
    It's a matter of giving the guy who has been successful, a chance to win the job.
    I agree with you that he is not getting an equal chance but when he is out there he sucks.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I agree with you that he is not getting an equal chance but when he is out there he sucks.
    Like I said, Manning and Brady have both looked like crap, too. What does that mean, with a few preseason snaps?

Like I said, Manning and Brady have both looked like crap, too. What does that mean, with a few preseason snaps?
    I think you know that that is an absolutely ridiculous comparison.

I think you know that that is an absolutely ridiculous comparison.
    No. We are saying that Huard has looked terrible, in very limited attempts. I am saying that anyone can look bad with so few attempts and to prove it, I submit the preseason efforts of guys that everyone knows to be great quarterback, who have looked like crap, in a few attempts. At no point have I intended to suggest that Huard has done as much as either of those guys, career-wise.

No. We are saying that Huard has looked terrible, in very limited attempts. I am saying that anyone can look bad with so few attempts and to prove it, I submit the preseason efforts of guys that everyone knows to be great quarterback, who have looked like crap, in a few attempts. At no point have I intended to suggest that Huard has done as much as either of those guys, career-wise.
    Yeah, but the two guys you brought up are NOT in a quarterback competition for a starting position. Huard is and so far (unfairly as it may be) has not looked good. If Manning and Brady were on the same team then they might not win it. History may have a little something to do with it too. Huard is a career back up. Had a good year. I am glad he did, but he still has not looked good at all in the pre season, and if a decision had to be made today then I say go with Croyle

Yeah, but the two guys you brought up are NOT in a quarterback competition for a starting position. Huard is and so far (unfairly as it may be) has not looked good. If Manning and Brady were on the same team then they might not win it. History may have a little something to do with it too. Huard is a career back up. Had a good year. I am glad he did, but he still has not looked good at all in the pre season, and if a decision had to be made today then I say go with Croyle
    Me too. But the decision was made long ago. Noone can say what would have happened had Huard been given a fair opportunity to win the job.

Me too. But the decision was made long ago. Noone can say what would have happened had Huard been given a fair opportunity to win the job.
    Absolutely...we still have at least one more meaningful preseason game. Hopefully he steps it up and makes this a difficult decision. Nite crowd!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast