Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haley is high on Arenas

If he and Mccluseter can turn out to be what the Chiefs think they can be then we are going to be in good shape for a long time to come. Just hope they both turn out to be great picks. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

I love the speed they added, and can't wait to see them in action. With 6 out of 7 having been the team captain in college I expect big time leadership out of this draft. (something we can definately use)My football playing teenage sons were Berry fans but since are rooting these guys more.

We should be high on any player that played for Alabama on defense. Javier Arenas I hope will make a huge impact immediately.

Resident Celebrity

Arenas is a flat out beast. I swear he will be the #2 corner by mid-season, if not earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Tell time will, my young padawan.

I am excited about him just for the return game. I will have to see him play against real NFL talent before I even think he could play NB.

As far as the coach being excited. He should be, because he just drafted two guys in the second roudn,but comparing him to McCluster means what. They are both unproven players.

You know who loves all the McCluster and Arenas hype? Eric Berry, who is quietly going to be the highest paid safety in the league without playing a snap.

I love it, too. Take the pressure off the most important draft pick.

I mean, we can draft a wide receiver in the first round next year, and it's not a reflection on McCluster.

We could draft a shut-down corner, and no one would say it's because Arenas is a bust.

Can you imagine taking a safety in rounds one or two next year?

I'm sure Berry is more than happy to have all the attention on the second round guys, and not on himself. Me too. I would much rather have him flying under the radar and not asked to "save" our defense week 1. he's still going to be a rookie, and will take time to acclimate.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    You know who loves all the McCluster and Arenas hype? Eric Berry, who is quietly going to be the highest paid safety in the league without playing a snap.

I love it, too. Take the pressure off the most important draft pick.

I mean, we can draft a wide receiver in the first round next year, and it's not a reflection on McCluster.

We could draft a shut-down corner, and no one would say it's because Arenas is a bust.

Can you imagine taking a safety in rounds one or two next year?

I'm sure Berry is more than happy to have all the attention on the second round guys, and not on himself. Me too. I would much rather have him flying under the radar and not asked to "save" our defense week 1. he's still going to be a rookie, and will take time to acclimate.
    Oh he has his radar on. He is not getting the talk now, because he was a known player and everyone knew there was a chance we would take him. He was debated on for months before the draft and is now old news. He still has the pressure, specially if he does not play up to it.

Every year the fans focus on the other draftees and try to find that steal of a draft and talk them up, because they are just learning about them. In reality, they have no idea, but are buying into the Chiefs opinions because they know no different. They create expectations based off other peoples opinions or high lights in college.

I mean Boomer Grigsby was our starting MLB a week after he was drafted, and Tank Tyler was going to destroy QB's etc.....

Fact of the matter, our best draft pick last year was Mr. Irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Oh he has his radar on. He is not getting the talk now, because he was a known player and everyone knew there was a chance we would take him. He was debated on for months before the draft and is now old news. He still has the pressure, specially if he does not play up to it.

Every year the fans focus on the other draftees and try to find that steal of a draft and talk them up, because they are just learning about them. In reality, they have no idea, but are buying into the Chiefs opinions because they know no different. They create expectations based off other peoples opinions or high lights in college.

I mean Boomer Grigsby was our starting MLB a week after he was drafted, and Tank Tyler was going to destroy QB's etc.....

Fact of the matter, our best draft pick last year was Mr. Irrelevant.
    Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast