Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ESPN reporting Thigpen to Jacksonville

Default ESPN reporting Thigpen to Jacksonville

I just read on another board that ESPN is reporting that the Chiefs are shopping Thigpen for a third round pick and Jacksonville is offering a 5th round pick

http://forums.delphiforums.com/kcchi...es/?msg=2217.1

Anyone else know anything?

Lots of people are ready to trade Thigpen for a 4th round pick, so I thought it would be interesting to see how many of our 4th rounds picks have turned out to be decent. I would much rather get a starting offensive lineman than a 4th round pick.

Chiefs former 4th round picks:
    2009: Donald Washington
    2008: Will Franklin
    2005: Craphonso Thorpe
    2004: Samie Parker, Jared Allen
    2003: Brett Williams
    2002: Omar Easy
    2001: Monty Beisel, George Layne
    2000: Frank Moreau
    1999: Larry Parker
    1998: Greg Favors
    1997: Pat Barnes
    1996: Donnie Edwards
    1995: Steve Stenstrom
    1994: Bracey Walker
    1993: Jaime Fields
    1992: Mike Evans
    1990: Fred Jones

Out of those 19 picks, only 2 turned out to be good long-term players(Edwards and Allen). If they trade Thigpen, I would much prefer it to be for a starting offensive lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Lots of people are ready to trade Thigpen for a 4th round pick, so I thought it would be interesting to see how many of our 4th rounds picks have turned out to be decent. I would much rather get a starting offensive lineman than a 4th round pick.

Chiefs former 4th round picks:
    2009: Donald Washington
    2008: Will Franklin
    2005: Craphonso Thorpe
    2004: Samie Parker, Jared Allen
    2003: Brett Williams
    2002: Omar Easy
    2001: Monty Beisel, George Layne
    2000: Frank Moreau
    1999: Larry Parker
    1998: Greg Favors
    1997: Pat Barnes
    1996: Donnie Edwards
    1995: Steve Stenstrom
    1994: Bracey Walker
    1993: Jaime Fields
    1992: Mike Evans
    1990: Fred Jones

Out of those 19 picks, only 2 turned out to be good long-term players(Edwards and Allen). If they trade Thigpen, I would much prefer it to be for a starting offensive lineman.
    There isn't a GM out there dumb enough to trade a starting OL for Thigpen.

And just because CP made lousy 4th round picks doesn't mean every Chiefs GM will. I mean, it's a little early to be judging the Washington pick, ya think.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    There isn't a GM out there dumb enough to trade a starting OL for Thigpen.

And just because CP made lousy 4th round picks doesn't mean every Chiefs GM will. I mean, it's a little early to be judging the Washington pick, ya think.
    Subtract the Wahington pick, the result is the same. 4th round picks aren't a gimme pick. They are a crap shoot at best, regardless of the GM. I would rather have a proven commodity, preferably an o-lineman(our biggest team need), in exchange for what I consider to be a proven backup QB.

I want a capable backup QB in case of a Cassell injury. I think Thigpen can be that guy. I don't think Croyle can.
    This.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    The amount of whining here amazes me. We trade for a QB who won eleven games last season and everyone is complaining because we might trade the short, inaccurate backup who won one. This after everyone was all on board trading our Pro Bowl DE for picks in 2008.

Thigpen is a QB with a lot of virtues. He's tough and can scramble. He's a good backup who could be an adequate starter for a lot of teams. Not his one, though.

Anyone thinking that Thigpen has the physical skills or football smarts to lead a team to this playoffs didn't watch enough Chiefs games last season.
    Not very many of us wanted that trade. I believe some of us said it was JA wanting out of KC and his negative attitude towards being franchised that led to that trade.

I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand I have no faith in Croyle should Cassel get hurt. At least Thigpen was durable and he could make a few plays. Also, last year was the first starting time Thigpen has had, he was basically a rookie out there and did pretty well. He will probably only get better.

On the other hand if we could get a third for him then that would be great to continue building the team with. Also with Cassels big dollar contract he will never get a chance to start here (unless it's because of injury)and I could definately see him starting elsewhere in the future. So it could be good for him as well as the Chiefs.
    If he gets traded then I wish him luck. I can definately see him getting better and starting somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    This.
    Yup.

So when Cassell gets hurt, our season will rest in the hands of Brodie Croyle.
    I want a capable backup QB in case of a Cassell injury. I think Thigpen can be that guy. I don't think Croyle can.
    See the difference?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

i wouldn't mind trading for something. Don't forget IF cassel happens to get hurt there is still a chance Croyle would stay healthy...and IF our QBs got hurt wouldn't that mean we should stock up on linemen??

I love Thigpen, but if he could land us a draft pick that ends up being a starting offensive lineman for the next 5 or 10 years, there's no doubt in my mind that he should be traded.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast