Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Pinstripe Bowl: WVU v Syracuse

Default Pinstripe Bowl: WVU v Syracuse

December 29th, 3:15 p.m. ET

Last game of the season for Geno Smith, and our last chance to see him play as a Mountaineer before the Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    How can you even call the PAC 10 better than the Big 12 after Baylor spanked UCLA and Texas beat Oregon State? USC also lost to an ACC team today...
    THE TOP 2 TEAMS OUT OF THE BIG 12 GOT THEIR ASSES WHIPPED AND WHIPPED IS BEING NICE.

Guys, these Bowl games and whatever happens in them, don't change the fact that the Chiefs need a quality QB to come from somewhere.

With Andy Reid now the HC, it's highly doubtful that he'll take Te'o with their first pick given the sad state of the Chiefs QB situation and their sad-sack Offense in general.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Guys, these Bowl games and whatever happens in them, don't change the fact that the Chiefs need a quality QB to come from somewhere.

With Andy Reid now the HC, it's highly doubtful that he'll take Te'o with their first pick given the sad state of the Chiefs QB situation and their sad-sack Offense in general.
    Is there a qb worth taking with the 1st pick?
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Is there a qb worth taking with the 1st pick?
    Perhaps not, but maybe they might be able to trade down a few slots and take a QB that they like. But, they won't be taking Te'o with the 1st pick. It would more likely be Jarvis Jones or Star if they stay at #1 and go Defense or possibly the LT Joeckel ( Albert has a bad back & they probably will not put a franchise tag on him ). It depends if someone wants to trade up to #1.

Perhaps not, but maybe they might be able to trade down a few slots and take a QB that they like. But, they won't be taking Te'o with the 1st pick. It would more likely be Jarvis Jones or Star if they stay at #1 and go Defense or possibly the LT Joeckel ( Albert has a bad back & they probably will not put a franchise tag on him ). It depends if someone wants to trade up to #1.
    I like the idea of upgrading out OL with the first pick and best QB available with the 2nd. And hopefully find another QB in FA.
    SHUT IT

I like the idea of upgrading out OL with the first pick and best QB available with the 2nd. And hopefully find another QB in FA.
    2nd round QBs rarely, rarely ever work out. The only one I can think of is Brees, and he had question marks like Russell Wilson. Why is this? QB is the most important position on the field. If a guy has the look of a solid QB, he goes in the 1st round.

So if there is a guy out there, we need to take him with the 1st overall pick.

2nd round QBs rarely, rarely ever work out. The only one I can think of is Brees, and he had question marks like Russell Wilson. Why is this? QB is the most important position on the field. If a guy has the look of a solid QB, he goes in the 1st round.

1st round maybe - but not 1st pick of the 1st round.
    SHUT IT

I don't think I've ever seen a combine more critical to the Chiefs than this one upcoming.

As for 2nd round QB's, Dalton and Kaepernick could be added to that list.

You can almost bet the farm that they won't be taking Te'o at #1. Not with Andy Reid as the HC. He places a premium on QB's, O-Lineman, WR's, D-Lineman, and CB's.

QB and Offense in general is the biggest need for the Chiefs.

I don't think I've ever seen a combine more critical to the Chiefs than this one upcoming.

As for 2nd round QB's, Dalton and Kaepernick could be added to that list.

You can almost bet the farm that they won't be taking Te'o at #1. Not with Andy Reid as the HC. He places a premium on QB's, O-Lineman, WR's, D-Lineman, and CB's.

QB and Offense in general is the biggest need for the Chiefs.
    Our offense is pretty sad. We need receivers, Olinemen, and Qb's. That whole offense needs to be rebuilt.
    SHUT IT

Our offense is pretty sad. We need receivers, Olinemen, and Qb's. That whole offense needs to be rebuilt.
    Couldn't agree more. Regarding Joeckel, it's been said he has a similar skillset to Joe Thomas and many have rated him as one of the top 5 players in the country, although I do think Stephenson has shown potential to be a very good LT if he can continue to improve.

This is going to be very interesting this off-season leading up to the draft & it's already gotten off to good start with the HC issue being settled by Clark so swiftly and decisively.