Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurray for Connie Jo et al.

Default Hurray for Connie Jo et al.

thanks to the wonderful Connie Jo, our son Callum, aka Aussie, received a parcel full of KC goodies today. We would like to thank Connie Jo for going to all the trouble to replace what was lost in the mail last time and especially for being so kind as to send KC memorabilia to Callum at all.
    We never expected Connie Jo to get together a new parcel and to even get KC Wolf to sign photo cards, collect signatures and include all kinds of memorabilia from matches. These things would be impossible to get here which makes them all the more special.

We have a very happy son today and his room will now no doubt turn into a shrine to 'his' team. Who would have thought that the second hand Madden computer game I inadvertently bought for him would lead to him becoming interested in AFL and becoming such a fervent fan of the Kansas City Chiefs. I will never forget when he spent hours watching the stadium via the internet and told us all about the employees coming and going. At times we all sat and watched as Kansas City came to life in the early hours of the morning and Callum doing a commentary.
    So thanks again to Connie Jo for the parcel of KC goodies - and also to Stricken, who included a great book - and to KC Wolf for signing photo cards especially for Callum.
    Thanks to the internet the world certainly has become a village, so to speak, and Steven and I thank all of you for making Callum part of your Chiefs family.
    With best wishes,
    Cheers from Sydney - Australia
    Aussie's parents
    (aka Barbara Krickl and Steven Byrnes)

On behalf of the "Crowd" we appreciate Callum; he is a great member in good standing.

I'll let Connie speak for herself; she is very much appreciated around here as well. :)

Major props to Connie and Stricken. Classy move and very thoughtful. Chiefs fans are the best out there!

Default We love Aussie!

We all enjoy having Aussie on Chiefs Crowd! He's a special memeber of our C.C. family. Kind of like our adopted son. Also you are correct. Connie Jo has a big heart and it's amazing the thoughtfulness that went into this! Once again, good job Connie.
    The Chiefs Crowd wouldn't be the same without either one of them!

Looking good in that hat Aussie!

****GO CHIEFS****

**ChiefsChick**

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Major props to Connie and Stricken. Classy move and very thoughtful. Chiefs fans are the best out there!

Absolutely agree; I was much remiss in my lack of acknowledgment of Sticken!

I get a bit nervous when I see my name in subject title, hahaha...my first thought is, 'Oh no! What did I do?'. I didn't connect 'BAK' as being Aussie's mum at first, haha. WHEW! I'm not in trouble, hahaha. :)

I must have some past remnants of childhood, or heck, maybe adulthood too, haha...triggering my initial reaction to seeing my name. You know that feeling you had as a kid when an adult hollered out your name in a tone indicating you were in trouble...that's what it feels like when I see my name in title, lol. I must have some underlying guilt, I just have to figure out what for? HA! :)

That said, someone here at Chiefs Crowd contacted KC Wolf before I had the chance to. They explained to KC Wolf what happened with Aussies souvenir package I mailed following Draft Day. KC Wolf then sent me a PM asking for my mailing address so he could mail me his autographed items for Aussie. Without the good hearts and help of both, I couldn't have done what I did for Aussie.

As well, Clint contacted me wanting to send Aussie a special football book, of which we included in my package to Aussie. He wrote a heartfelt inscription inside the book to Aussie, of which I know he will cherish always. I had much help with bringing a big smile to Aussies face. We all benefit when sharing and creating cherished memories like these with others...that's what it's all about...life. :)

Now, I could humbly & graciously say, 'thank you' for props & credit towards myself, but it's not quite that simple for 'me', haha...have patience y'all.

Although I sincerely appreciate the gratitude, I'm uncomfortable accepting such...recognition for doing something 'nice' for someone else. My inspiration comes from my buddy up above, as well as those who I cross paths with in life...family, friends, acquaintances, etc.. They deserve the recognition more than I do when I'm naturally inspired do something considered 'nice' or 'good'.

This all began a year or so ago, when I met a young Australian Chiefs fan here at Chiefs Crowd we call 'Aussie'. His enthusiasm & dedication towards the Chiefs brought me joy, and many giggles too with his sense of humor at times. He inspired me to send him some Chiefs items...knowing they must be difficult to obtain with his living in Australia, as well as being young. I simply believe in 'paying it forward' so to speak.

Well, his excitement and gratitude upon recieving those items was overwhelming and in itself more thanks and appreciation than my effort was worthy of. Imagine if you will, the feeling I have in my heart each time I see a photo of Aussie with his DT HOF commemorable ballcap I sent him months ago...being worn or held in his hand. His mum often refer's to it as, "Aussie's beloved Chiefs cap". I couldn't have chose any one more worthy of my sending that ballcap to. The benefits to my heart & soul are priceless, no thanks were needed, trust me.

When attending Draft Day I just naturally thought to share the event with Aussie in the only way I could...photo's & souvenirs. My inspiration to do so obviously came from Aussie once again, rather than from myself. I drove home from KC with much anticipation of wanting to 'surprise' post the photo of KC Wolf holding the paper sign saying, "Hi Aussie". The only regret I have is not being able to see Aussie's face in person when he first saw the photo posted not expecting it, haha.

Imagine once again...sitting at your PC late one night, somewhat down in spirits due to some negative life stuff occurring...then without expecting it, reading a message left for you at Facebook from a grateful mother, Aussie's mum. Her comments brought tears to my eyes & joy to my heart...as she shared her heartfelt thoughts of gratitude related to her son's excitement, as he told her of a photo on the internet with KC Wolf saying 'Hi' to him, hahaha. She said when she arrived home from work his eyes were lit up, haha. So much for my low spirits & sad heart! The light in Aussie's eyes I envisioned when reading Barbara's comments lit up the darkness from the sadness I was feeling that night. Not a coincidence. :)

I am very grateful and honored to know Aussie, and his mum to. It is Aussie who is deserving of gratitude from me, simply for being 'Aussie', an inspiring young man & Chiefs fan. :)

A note to Chiefster...you can speak for me anytime, I trust you, and you'd do so in far less words, hahaha. :)
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 07-02-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spacing boo boo! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Very inspiring act of kindness Connie Joe!

This has to be one of the best things that has happened on this board. Makes me proud to be a Chiefs fan. Great job Connie and Stricken!!!!

I was more than happy to let Aussie have the book, its titled "The class of football" and I thought Aussie would enjoy it. Thank you CJ for letting me includeit with everything that you sent as well :). Thank you too Aussie for being such a great Chiefs and football fan.

Resident Celebrity

how awesome is this? CJ, my hat is tipped to you. Stricken, you as well sir. Aussie, well how cool is Aussie? Just the coolest kid we know..glad to know all of you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast