Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bob Sutton our new DC

Default Bob Sutton our new DC

Chiefs Name Bob Sutton as Defensive Coordinator What do you all think? I like it for now until I hear if he wants the 3-4 or the 4-3.

Gotta love the way they are getting things put together as fast as they are. They ain't screwing around.

The new GM will probably come once the Packers season ends.

It would have been nice if clark would have got involved sooner than he did. I like this pace we are on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    It would have been nice if clark would have got involved sooner than he did. I like this pace we are on.
    True regarding Clark, but at least he moved swiftly and decisively once the season was over and didn't wait around.

Sutton coached a 3-4 Defense in NY, and I like the hire because they are not going to insist on a 4-3 given the players the Chiefs have on their Defense. That shows common sense & logic, something that Pioli never demonstrated while he a GM in KC.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-11-2013 at 06:38 PM.

we also have our new OC. Doug Pederson

link
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    True regarding Clark, but at least he moved swiftly and decisively once the season was over and didn't wait around.

Sutton coached a 3-4 Defense in NY, and I like the hire because they are not going to insist on a 4-3 given the players the Chiefs have on their Defense. That shows common sense & logic, something that Pioli never demonstrated while he a GM in KC.
    This ^^.

We have spent 4 years worth of high draft picks putting together the pieces for a 3-4 defense. To switch back now would be a big waste in my opinion.

He seems really versatile, like he's going to work with the players on the roster and play to their strengths. Will probably keep the 3-4 and work with that, but try to get the most out of those players. Seems like a "safe" pick, which might be smart so that Reid can just hand him the keys to the defense and not worry about it. Not have to micromanage it. Reid can just concentrate on fixing the offense. I just hope Sutton is aggressive enough with his blitzing. I guess if he's from the Rex Ryan school, he probably is.

His def wasnt that good when he was the cord before rex got there.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    His def wasnt that good when he was the cord before rex got there.
    He also didn't have the talent and went from a 3-4, to a 4-3 sans the right personnel back to the 3-4. Now if our defense was in the shape of our offense and needed that kind of focus I wouldn't like the hire. With the talent w have he just needs to maximize the potential. The pieces are there and one would think a little of Rex has rubbed off in his defensive schemes. So if our offense scores the D will be just fine.

I mean 3 different head coaches have kept him on staff there. To me that's a good sign.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast