Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Still not impressed by Cassel

Default Still not impressed by Cassel

He made a couple great throws, but he made a bunch of really really bad throws. The guy needs to be more consistent, be more accurate, and throw the damn ball. Today he was sacked 5 times!!! Out of 5 maybe 1 time wasn't his fault the rest of the time it's like "Cassel throw the damn ball!" He did not win that game for us not even close, Jamaal Charles, Chris Chambers, Studebaker, and Hali stood out, Cassel did not he looked like crap the first half, then he came alive in the fourth quarter , but he almost cost us the game with the fumble, if he wouldn't have fumbled the ball we would have not had to go to overtime and we would have ended it in the 4th. The sad thing is I was really for Cassel, I thought we got a future pro-bowler and all we got is a poor mans Damon Huard, a QB with a below average arm but doesn't throw a lot of interceptions but at least Huard was able to get rid of the ball quicker this is getting ridiculous. You gotta take what you got, and some times you gotta throw it away Cassel. All in all I am impressed by our win GO CHIEFS!! but please pick up a qb in the draft that can give Cassel some competition, thanks.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 11-23-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Use of "GD" in post.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    He made a couple great throws, but he made a bunch of really really bad throws. The guy needs to be more consistent, be more accurate, and throw the damn ball. Today he was sacked 5 times!!! Out of 5 maybe 1 time wasn't his fault the rest of the time it's like "Cassel throw the god damn ball!" He did not win that game for us not even close, Jamaal Charles, Chris Chambers, Studebaker, and Hali stood out, Cassel did not he looked like crap the first half, then he came alive in the fourth quarter , but he almost cost us the game with the fumble, if he wouldn't have fumbled the ball we would have not had to go to overtime and we would have ended it in the 4th. The sad thing is I was really for Cassel, I thought we got a future pro-bowler and all we got is a poor mans Damon Huard, a QB with a below average arm but doesn't throw a lot of interceptions but at least Huard was able to get rid of the ball quicker this is getting ridiculous. You gotta take what you got, and some times you gotta throw it away Cassel. All in all I am impressed by our win GO CHIEFS!! but please pick up a qb in the draft that can give Cassel some competition, thanks.
    I think Brodie Croyle is trolling on our boards.

Get off this guy.
    Considering the o-line he is behind, Cassle is playing well.
    Not a real good idea to change qb's after the biggest win this team has had in a few years.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I think Brodie Croyle is trolling on our boards.
    Come on man don't be a d-bag if you don't like what I have too say then tell me why im wrong, but don't throw out an insult just because I bashed on your hero.

Dude, you know there is a thread about 15 down below this right?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Get off this guy.
    Considering the o-line he is behind, he is playing well.
    Not a real good idea to change qb's after the biggest win this team has had in a few years.
    I call it like I see it, he is not playing well, Im not saying they should get rid of him, but right now he has no competion. Brodie Croyle is never going to start for the Kansas City Chiefs. This is a business we won today and I loved it, I want to win many more times and right now I don't think he gives us the best chance at the rate he is playing. Matt has proven he can be a good QB if he has a good line and great targets to throw to that can catch anything we don't have that, we might never have the targets the Patriots have, so all im saying is he needs competition and that he isn't playing well so we need to give him some competition.

I actually agree with the OP. I really wasn't happy with Cassel today, despite the stat line. He seemed so indecisive on most plays.

Come on man don't be a d-bag if you don't like what I have too say then tell me why im wrong, but don't throw out an insult just because I bashed on your hero.
    It wasn't an insult, it was a joke. And no namecalling. I have told you why your wrong in other posts, but I'm sick of saying the same thing. The guy has no time behind this offensive line. His WR's are guys off the street that get very little, if any, separation. The Chiefs have little to no running game, so they are one-dimensional. Cassell is playing on a new team with a new OC/Coach/Playbook. Cassell is a 2nd year QB. Sorry I guess I should have expected him to be Tom Brady this year.

I am very satisfied with his performance this year.
    Last edited by Coach; 11-22-2009 at 10:48 PM.

I call it like I see it, he is not playing well, Im not saying they should get rid of him, but right now he has no competion. Brodie Croyle is never going to start for the Kansas City Chiefs. This is a business we won today and I loved it, I want to win many more times and right now I don't think he gives us the best chance at the rate he is playing. Matt has proven he can be a good QB if he has a good line and great targets to throw to that can catch anything we don't have that, we might never have the targets the Patriots have, so all im saying is he needs competition and that he isn't playing well so we need to give him some competition.
    I have a feeling logic has no place in your arguments.
    Chiefs in 2011

Cassel was facing one of the best defenses in the NFL. Throwing 2 td passes and a big pass that set up a game winning fg is a good job to me. His numbers are still no Rivers, Brees, Manning, Warner, Favre, Brady. But I still like having him and think he can become very good for us, especially once we improve our oline as others have said.

And I think Cassel is probably our best qb since Trent Green. He's better than Damon Huard, for instance.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast