Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Still not impressed by Cassel

Default Still not impressed by Cassel

He made a couple great throws, but he made a bunch of really really bad throws. The guy needs to be more consistent, be more accurate, and throw the damn ball. Today he was sacked 5 times!!! Out of 5 maybe 1 time wasn't his fault the rest of the time it's like "Cassel throw the damn ball!" He did not win that game for us not even close, Jamaal Charles, Chris Chambers, Studebaker, and Hali stood out, Cassel did not he looked like crap the first half, then he came alive in the fourth quarter , but he almost cost us the game with the fumble, if he wouldn't have fumbled the ball we would have not had to go to overtime and we would have ended it in the 4th. The sad thing is I was really for Cassel, I thought we got a future pro-bowler and all we got is a poor mans Damon Huard, a QB with a below average arm but doesn't throw a lot of interceptions but at least Huard was able to get rid of the ball quicker this is getting ridiculous. You gotta take what you got, and some times you gotta throw it away Cassel. All in all I am impressed by our win GO CHIEFS!! but please pick up a qb in the draft that can give Cassel some competition, thanks.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 11-23-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Use of "GD" in post.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    It wasn't an insult, it was a joke. And no namecalling. I have told you why your wrong in other posts, but I'm sick of saying the same thing. The guy has no time behind this offensive line. His WR's are guys off the street that get very little, if any, separation. The Chiefs have little to no running game, so they are one-dimensional. Cassell is playing on a new team with a new OC/Coach/Playbook. Cassell is a 2nd year QB. Sorry I guess I should have expected him to be Tom Brady this year.

I am very satisfied with his performance this year.
    I don't expect anyone to be Tom Brady that guy is phenomenal I would settle for good, and right now Cassel is not good. If you have a bad line and you know it you need to get rid of the ball, getting sacked loses yards and sometimes you fumble the ball, many of his throws were way way way of target, also him holding onto the ball too long is gonna get our WR's hurt like Chambers instead of getting and easy TD and looking like a hero he got his bell rung because he had to slow down and wait for the ball to get to him.

no Bowe either...

he had Chambers, Long, and Wade for the most part...none of which he has played with for more than 3 total games....a new playbook starting week 1 when they fired Chan Gailey (it looks like they are starting t open it up a little more now), a BAD offensive line....

Against one of the best DEF in the nfl....okay maybe a mid defense since they didnt have Polamalu who couldve been defensive mvp this year barring injuries.

But What did you expect? Cassel had a phenomenal game, no INT's, 2 TDs, over 200 yards, looked good in the 4th, on 3rd down, i mean cmon....

Youve got to be joking if you expected better than that, and if you expect Cassel to be a ridiculous QB your wrong, thats not what we brough him in for... he is our franchise QB, not our Peyton Manning...

Listen, im not saying hes every bit as good as he should be....there is still alot he is doing wrong, and alot of things i didnt like about what he did vs. the steelers, but there was a lot of things that he did well, and that is manage the offense, and lead the team...
    Last edited by KottkeKU; 11-22-2009 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    no Bowe either...

he had Chambers, Long, and Wade for the most part...none of which he has played with for more than 3 total games....a new playbook starting week 1 when they fired Chan Gailey (it looks like they are starting t open it up a little more now), a BAD offensive line....

Against one of the best DEF in the nfl....okay maybe a mid defense since they didnt have Polamalu who couldve been defensive mvp this year barring injuries.

But What did you expect? Cassel had a phenomenal game, no INT's, 2 TDs, over 200 yards, looked good in the 4th, on 3rd down, i mean cmon....

Youve got to be joking if you expected better than that, and if you expect Cassel to be a ridiculous QB your wrong, thats not what we brough him in for... he is our franchise QB, not our Peyton Manning...

Listen, im not saying hes every bit as good as he should be....there is still alot he is doing wrong, and alot of things i didnt like about what he did vs. the steelers, but there was a lot of things that he did well, and that is manage the offense, and lead the team...
    You say that as if he won the game for us when he clearly did not.

Cassel isn't the best QB. I don't think you'll find anyone on here who expects the guy to be a superstar this year or even in the near future. However, Cassel is NOT the problem with this team. It's the youngest team in the league that lacks true leadership from a rookie HC.

I don't have a problem with ANY of the players on the team. Not even Brown or Jackson. I just think they're being exploited because the coaching staff has not put them in a position to succeed. Brown would be a successful back up. Jackson shouldn't have been our first round pick. These things aren't the players' fault.

...I digress... Matt Cassel will be an above average to good QB for the Chiefs. Your anger is not unjustified, just misguided. Cassel will be fine. It's the coaching staff that I'm worried about.

Jeez, another "Cassel Isn't Cutting It" thread. How many times do we have to go over this? I'm not even going to justify a response to this. Because guys like you who hate Cassel or Pioli or Haley will never be happy. Name one QB in the NFL who could do much better.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

I'm very impressed that your not impressed, but then again I'm easily impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Jeez, another "Cassel Isn't Cutting It" thread. How many times do we have to go over this? I'm not even going to justify a response to this. Because guys like you who hate Cassel or Pioli or Haley will never be happy. Name one QB in the NFL who could do much better.
    Both Mannings, Big Ben, Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Favre, Pennington, Ryan, Warner, Mcnabb, Cutler, Carson Palmer,Romo I can keep going but you get the point there are much better talents around the league. If you said who is a better backup Qb he might be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Both Mannings, Big Ben, Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Favre, Pennington, Ryan, Warner, Mcnabb, Cutler, Carson Palmer,Romo I can keep going but you get the point there are much better talents around the league. If you said who is a better backup Qb he might be the best.
    Cutler? really. after 5 picks last week, and his performance tonight, and he makes your top 10. wow. you really got this all figured out. Hell, put Russel in there too, why not.

I love this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Come on man don't be a d-bag if you don't like what I have too say then tell me why im wrong, but don't throw out an insult just because I bashed on your hero.

Did you really just call the guy who owns the site a douchebag???

Smartly done...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast