Thread: Draft

Default Draft

How many defensive players do you think Todd Haley will Draft? Lots i recken!

I actually think this Draft will be heavy on the Offensive side (slightly). I think this is a great year to grab as many C, G, and OTs as possible. It's pretty weak at the DE and DT position (Very top heavy ...1st and 2nd rounders and not much value after). And I haven't heard much about the LB group either (other than Curry, James L., and the 3 USC guys).

I believe we have 7 picks this year right?? correct me if i'm wrong...
    I say we're going 3 on D (CB, LB, D-line) and 4 on O (OT, G/C, G, QB).. I have a feeling we're not drafting another WR / RB / TE / or S this year.. just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    I actually think this Draft will be heavy on the Offensive side (slightly). I think this is a great year to grab as many C, G, and OTs as possible. It's pretty weak at the DE and DT position (Very top heavy ...1st and 2nd rounders and not much value after). And I haven't heard much about the LB group either (other than Curry, James L., and the 3 USC guys).

I believe we have 7 picks this year right?? correct me if i'm wrong...
    I say we're going 3 on D (CB, LB, D-line) and 4 on O (OT, G/C, G, QB).. I have a feeling we're not drafting another WR / RB / TE / or S this year.. just my 2 cents
    I think we should moslty concentrate on defence. I mean we came 30th in league last year. And in history we were know to be one of the best defensive teams in the whole of the NFL!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I think we should moslty concentrate on defence. I mean we came 30th in league last year. And in history we were know to be one of the best defensive teams in the whole of the NFL!
    We need vets on the defense, not rookies.

I think this draft can turn us into a top-10 offense. I can't see a draft helping our defense - its just a whole 'nother learning curve.

I've posted this before, but I'd go:

LT
    RT (move Albert to RG)
    C
    RB (BIG RB to replace LJ)
    WR
    QB
    LG (backup Waters)

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    We need vets on the defense, not rookies.

I think this draft can turn us into a top-10 offense. I can't see a draft helping our defense - its just a whole 'nother learning curve.

I've posted this before, but I'd go:

LT
    RT (move Albert to RG)
    C
    RB (BIG RB to replace LJ)
    WR
    QB
    LG (backup Waters)
    No way!
    Our offense is not great but it can score. With little tweaks here and there we will have a offense ranked in the teens.
    Our defense was horrible!!!
    We will mainly focus on Defense while improving the OL abit here and there.

We ranked 24th in the NFL on offense and that was only because we spent have the season with a revolving door for QB. Once thiggy got in there and did his thing we stabled out and got pretty good.

Our defense on teh other hand was horrible 31st rank in NFL.

We get that down to low 20 high teens rank and the offense high teens. we got a competitive team gentleman!

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    No way!
    Our offense is not great but it can score. With little tweaks here and there we will have a offense ranked in the teens.
    Our defense was horrible!!!
    We will mainly focus on Defense while improving the OL abit here and there.

We ranked 24th in the NFL on offense and that was only because we spent have the season with a revolving door for QB. Once thiggy got in there and did his thing we stabled out and got pretty good.

Our defense on teh other hand was horrible 31st rank in NFL.

We get that down to low 20 high teens rank and the offense high teens. we got a competitive team gentleman!
    that's what i'm sayin'

JM, Aussie, and FairladyZ are all right. We need to fix defense, but many rookies cannot make an immediate impact on defense. DE is probably our biggest need right now. DE's and DT's take a few years to be competitive at the NFL level. But we need to improve the D.

As JM said, I think we need to pick up some young veterans through FA (my preference would be one DE and one LB).

At that point you can draft Curry in round one and the D is vastly improved (with picking up veteran LB and DEs). Maybe pick up a DE in round 3 or later and give him a year or two to develop.

Im encouraged by the fact that both our GM and HC used to be personnel guys on teams that were successful in the draft and were able to get on top and stay there.

yeah it will take a few years, but if we can can produce some great players, it's worth it!