Thread: "I asked them if a marijuana plant could grow inside my underwear drawer"

Default "I asked them if a marijuana plant could grow inside my underwear drawer"

Gotta love Florida...

Federal agents on the hunt for criminals on Thursday raided the wrong house while searching for drugs.Police and federal agents raided 50 marijuana grow houses around Florida on Thursday, calling it "Operation D-Day."

They seized $7 million worth of pot plants, but they also kicked in the door of Noel Llorente's Opa-locka home and found nothing but bewildered homeowners.

"I was frightened for my husband because they threw him on the ground," Llorente's wife said.

"I was scared."

Llorente said he was just leaving for work when unmarked cars pulled up, Drug Enforcement Administration agents jumped out, threw him down with guns drawn, handcuffed him, stormed into his home and searched for drugs.

"I asked them why they came to my house, they said a neighbor or somebody called and said I had a hydroponics lab in my house," Llorente said. "

Then I asked them if a marijuana plant could grow inside my underwear drawer."

The Llorentes said they don't speak much English – they're immigrants from Cuba. They said one of the reasons they came to the U.S. was to escape oppression from the Cuban police.Isabel Llorente said she never thought this could happen here."

Never, because they criticize Cuba so much," she said. "I've never gone through anything like this."

She said what made it especially traumatic was not knowing if the agents were really police or imposters.

She said she tried to call 911, but they wouldn't let her."What added salt to this injury was after the situation – house is searched, door is broken – they just walked away," the Llorentes' lawyer said.

"Like, 'We're the government. We made a mistake.

'"The homeowner said he received only a minimal apology from police and federal agents."When I asked them about the door, they said, 'Sorry," Noel Llorente said. "When I asked them about my reputation, they said, 'Sorry.'"

http://www.nbc6.net/news/16139683/detail.html

Last edited by hermhater; 05-03-2008 at 12:29 AM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

The Llorentes said they don't speak much English – they're immigrants from Cuba. They said one of the reasons they came to the U.S. was to escape oppression from the Cuban police.Isabel Llorente said she never thought this could happen here."

Well the boats can go that way too! You have that option.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post

Or if you are a legal immigrant you should be afforded the rights of that status!

Sorry tornado, I don't know your views on immigrants too well, but I believe this nation was founded on immigrants.

I personally have no problem with them.

Just because you are lucky enough to be born an American is no reason to dislike those who weren't fortunate enough!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Or if you are a legal immigrant you should be afforded the rights of that status!

Sorry tornado, I don't know your views on immigrants too well, but I believe this nation was founded on immigrants.

I personally have no problem with them.

Just because you are lucky enough to be born an American is no reason to dislike those who weren't fortunate enough!

I have no problem with legal immigration. I was just saying it goes both ways. If this offends any one, I apologize!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 05-03-2008 at 01:14 AM.

I have no problem with legal immigration. I was just saying it goes both ways. If this offends any one, I apologize!
    Offend away man!

I was not trying to imply that you are anti immigration by any means, I was just pointing out that if they are here legally then they should be afforded those rights.

I have many different views on a lot of political issues, and I don't want to make this stuff personal.

Just a simple discourse on the state of affairs in Florida!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Offend away man!

I was not trying to imply that you are anti immigration by any means, I was just pointing out that if they are here legally then they should be afforded those rights.

I have many different views on a lot of political issues, and I don't want to make this stuff personal.

Just a simple discourse on the state of affairs in Florida!

Yaeh!!! Because we don't respect citizens rights either!!!

(Just pokin' fun.)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

(Just pokin' fun.)

he doesnt hate immigrants, he hates everyone!!! JK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

(Just pokin' fun.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wski Girl View Post
    he doesnt hate immigrants, he hates everyone!!! JK!!!
    Ahem...

Supreme Court Justices, can you guys take a look...