Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: To those who talked about how bad our offseason/draft was

Default To those who talked about how bad our offseason/draft was

Anyone care to admit that they were wrong?

I will start. I thought that our draft was ok at best. I was wrong. We had a GREAT Draft. Our rookies are makeing an impact this season and will only get better.Sorry Pioli,Haley and to the Chiefs I was wrong about our draft and couldn't be happier about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I thought the same thing, but there was a bit of seperation thats for sure, and it was pretty high, its a team effort, I just ment it was a better catch then throw,
    Yeah Tony Made a catch that looked kind of like the Tony before him. It was still a bit to high of a throw. But I was just saying Cassle was right to throw the ball high.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Yeah Tony Made a catch that looked kind of like the Tony before him. It was still a bit to high of a throw. But I was just saying Cassle was right to throw the ball high.
    Absolutely I agree with you, cassell just needs to work on his long ball touch..no one can agrue that... Great game...

The only argument I have, is not with this years draft but with last years. I am not a big fan of Ty Jackson, specially since I truly hope they keep Shaun Smith in there in his place as he was a beast yesterday.

I was unhappy with several picks. I thought we drafted Berry to high, should have drafted an NT, and that taking another "running back" with our 2nd rounder was a terrible decision. I was also upset that we drafted another TE.

After I got over the shock that they went a much different route in the draft than I thought they would, I realized that the front office and coaching staff probably know more about what they were doing than I do.

At this point, I would say that I am very happy with almost every draft pick. We still have question marks at QB and NT, but we had too many holes to fill in one draft.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    If I had it to do all over again, I would still have taken Okung in the first.
    You do realize that okung held out and is now injured, right?

You do get that, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Anyone care to admit that they were wrong?

I will start. I thought that our draft was ok at best. I was wrong. We had a GREAT Draft. Our rookies are makeing an impact this season and will only get better.Sorry Pioli,Haley and to the Chiefs I was wrong about our draft and couldn't be happier about it.
    I never thought we drafted bad players (except I thought McCluster would be lousy). I did think we passed on the building blocks of the team for the frills. If our offensive line and front seven hold up over the next 13 games as they did in the first 3, then I was definitely wrong about that. Knock on wood.

But the biggest difference is that Ron Edwards (god bless him) has actually looked like a real NT. That was the big thing I never would have guessed.

Here is my favorite part:

I was waiting for a nose tackle in the draft. When Cam Thomas fell to us in the 4th, and then we traded up for Moeaki, I was...not "stunned," but certainly it took the air out a little.

Here's the thing - every single rookie has made a BIG contribution to the team. That includes Berry, who was killing it in run support. while he did give up a couple of big plays, the majority of the time, he has been in position, ready to make a play, which has GREATLY freed up our cornerbacks to play more aggressively on the ball. I think Flowers' play is vastly improved this year, and that's due to being able to trust his help over the top.

I love how people were complaining, and STILL complain, that we didn't do enough to improve our front 7, despite the fact that we have our front 7 is made up of 4 first rounders, a pro-bowler, and we also have a couple other players really exceeding their draft status in Gilberry and Studebaker.

Not to mention that we hired the single best defensive coordinator in the league for defensive line play. Did people REALLY expect guys like Dorsey to just never improve, even though he was largely considered the most talented player in the draft? REALLY?

Things take time, and work. This team has put in both, and it's showing on the field. At some point, you can't keep saying you'll fix the team in the draft or free agency. You have to fix the team in the weight room and film room.

The best offseason player acquisitions were Dorsey and DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The only argument I have, is not with this years draft but with last years. I am not a big fan of Ty Jackson, specially since I truly hope they keep Shaun Smith in there in his place as he was a beast yesterday.
    It looks like the only guy we drafted in 2009 that was worth his pick was Mr. Irrelevant. TJ is now the 4th DE behind Dorsey/Smith/Gilberry, and Magee's the 5th. Everyone else is practice squad or low-end special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Going into the bye week 4-0 looks like a REAL possibility.
    No it isn't. The bye week is next week. We will be 3-0 though!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    I never thought we drafted bad players (except I thought McCluster would be lousy). I did think we passed on the building blocks of the team for the frills. If our offensive line and front seven hold up over the next 13 games as they did in the first 3, then I was definitely wrong about that. Knock on wood.

But the biggest difference is that Ron Edwards (god bless him) has actually looked like a real NT. That was the big thing I never would have guessed.
    I had thought Ron Edwards was holding his own. I think the biggest difference is Dorsey is playing like a beast which is helping Edwards.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast