Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drew Brees

Default Drew Brees

According to ESPN NFL 32, Brees and the Saints are MILES apart on an agreement!

I would sign him in a heartbeat!! Along with him, Colston could come along!

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I was wondering who would start this thread up. lol Brees is going to end up in a Saints uniform. He has said so numerous times before it even got close. The same article you mentioned dbolan also says that Brees possibly won't be happy if they franchise him too. They've got just under 2 weeks before free agency happens. My guess is that Brees won't be tagged but you'll see a "miracle" deal worked out late next week or sometime on the 12th.

As someone else said, if for some reason they are forced to tag Brees that lets Nicks hit the market. Game on!

I believe we already worked a deal out to keep Guard Carl Nicks.

My best bet is Brees is going to take less money so they can bring back some of the others, most notably Colston. I am just hoping they can possibly bring in some defensive talent. The offense is stacked, yet I wouldn't mind seeing Reggie Wayne in a Saints uniform, but we need LB's and defensive ends. A safety was the sack leader on our team last year, and that was pretty sad that a safety was getting more sacks than a linebacker.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I was wondering who would start this thread up. lol Brees is going to end up in a Saints uniform. He has said so numerous times before it even got close. The same article you mentioned dbolan also says that Brees possibly won't be happy if they franchise him too. They've got just under 2 weeks before free agency happens. My guess is that Brees won't be tagged but you'll see a "miracle" deal worked out late next week or sometime on the 12th.

As someone else said, if for some reason they are forced to tag Brees that lets Nicks hit the market. Game on!
    Jap1 said that, and I agree, that would be a great scenario. You may be right about a last second deal, but I wonder if we have a "Dwayne Bowe" situation here. They may have to tag him just to find out what he is worth before they can work out a deal.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoNightmare View Post
    I believe we already worked a deal out to keep Guard Carl Nicks.

My best bet is Brees is going to take less money so they can bring back some of the others, most notably Colston. I am just hoping they can possibly bring in some defensive talent. The offense is stacked, yet I wouldn't mind seeing Reggie Wayne in a Saints uniform, but we need LB's and defensive ends. A safety was the sack leader on our team last year, and that was pretty sad that a safety was getting more sacks than a linebacker.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was really hoping we could grab him. He and Soliai are the only free agents I have my eye on this offseason.

brees will be taged

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

I was really hoping we could grab him. He and Soliai are the only free agents I have my eye on this offseason.
    He hasn't been signed yet. Techmo I don't know where you're getting that info but I did a few minutes worth of searching and haven't found anything other than that Nicks does not want to be franchised.

Jap continue wishing and crossing your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

He does not want to be franchised, but we need him too. They said March 5th, the Saints are going to offer him a deal. Brees does not want the franchise tag either, but I think it boils down to a deal with them both, and Brees working something out to try and bring Colston back.

It would be GREAT to sign nicks!! Would make our runninggame even betetr

Still no deal for Brees and he says on his twitter that he is really disappointed and frustrated over this process. Consider the following... Not only with the pressure of trying to work out a long term deal but also dealing with all of the suspensions including the real offensive coordinator in Sean Peyton is forcing all of that weight onto Brees' shoulders ultimately because he will have to take complete control of the play calling and strategy every game. All of this could play a factor in his decision to stay or to work it out for NOLA. I think the closer we get to the July 16th deadline with no deal and if Brees decides to not show up to off-season training and camp days could be very telling and worrisome for the Saints; but could be all so sweet potentially for us. It would be a really awesome way for Pioli to move Cassel out and potentially get more picks out of him and maybe a couple of back up RBs or LBs would be great but I dont expect much for him and get a much better QB than Manning or Brady and give him Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Moeaki with Hillis and Charles in the back and Winston leading the O-line. Would be instant SB favorites in the AFC.

Now I know he will still be in a Saints uniform this season he could march his anger at not being treated with the respect of getting the deal he wants, and getting tagged AGAIN instead, into free agency in 2013 when he will be 34 still younger than Manning and Brady and would still be able to pull huge numbers. Im sadly kind of hoping that this scenario happens (it could, weirder things have happened, who thought Manning would be in DENVER?!?!) and we see him in the Red and Yellow in Arrowhead.
    Last edited by Big_Chiefer08; 06-19-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12