Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: no qb for first pick

Default no qb for first pick

stick with thigpen and have gray as second string and maybe huard as third. get rid of croyle all together

How long has it been since we have had a stable QB situation? 3 years? i feel we need to stock pile QB's. Let Thigpen start and let Stafford hold the clipboard as we up grade the OL and work him in the offense. Sure Thigpen had a nice year last year. But one injury to him who do we have backing him up? "Look at me wrong i brake" Crolye? "Im scared behind that OL" Huard? Pioli will do the right thing i think and draft a QB.

Couple of things:

1) Trade down, trade down, trade down!!! Even if we are planning on going after Stafford or Sanchez I think you can say they both are pretty close when grading out. So why not trade down and get the one that drops? We could also get our MLB in Maualuga (this is what I would do) OR just go ahead and take which ever LT is left out of the Top 4. We really shoudl trade down if able.

2) I only want to draft a LT at 3rd if Monroe is there, I would be pissed if we took one of the Smiths or Oher that high and they end up being worse at LT then Albert. At least with Monroe we know he can play with or maybe a little better then Albert.

3) If Monroe is off the board and we can not trade down I have no problem going after Stafford or Sanchez. I would rather see us take Crabtree/Curry/or even stretch for Maualuga(Yes I think he will be that good for us), but if Pioli and Haley think Stafford or Sanchez grades out then lets see what they got!!!!

4) I have to throw this in: I would love the idea of Pioli getting on the phone with his good buddies up in Green Bay and work out a deal to send them LJ and ANY of our QB's(they can pick who ever they want hehe. Huard/Croyle/Gray/Martin) for Brian Brohm. The Packers get LJ and keep a Backup QB and The Chiefs might get our QOTF. It makes TONS of sense.

5) Cassel Sucks!!!!!!

I know drafting a QB 3rd overall is not the sexy pick this year and is not what I want to see happen, but I will be this first to jump on the bandwagon if Pioli picks apart Stafford/Sanchez and we really get a guy that takes us to the Super Bowl.

We also should draft Chase Patton in the 7th LOL GO MU

Where do you think this team would be if we were really serious about going after Matt Ryan last year? I dont think we would be looking for a QB for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    Where do you think this team would be if we were really serious about going after Matt Ryan last year? I dont think we would be looking for a QB for awhile.
    We may not be looking for a QB, or we may. Ryan could very easily have gotten injured here, and most likely wouldn't have looked good at all.

The Falcons had a real running game, and a good bunch of blockers.

That was a team that was built for the purpose of taking care of a high profile QB. And Ryan lucked out.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    We may not be looking for a QB, or we may. Ryan could very easily have gotten injured here, and most likely wouldn't have looked good at all.

The Falcons had a real running game, and a good bunch of blockers.

That was a team that was built for the purpose of taking care of a high profile QB. And Ryan lucked out.
    But that is the chance you take. You either have the guts to go for a QB that is the Franchise or you dont. and form the looks of things around the NFL (steelers, giants, chargers, broncos). I would rather have a QB that can give us that chance to beat the top teams in the NFL.

Niether of the QB's in this draft are worth a #1 or # pick, even if they go that high. They arent matt ryan, they are david carrs and tim couchs~

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Niether of the QB's in this draft are worth a #1 or # pick, even if they go that high. They arent matt ryan, they are david carrs and tim couchs~
    No one knew Matt Ryan was the QB that he is now until they drafted him. Stafford looks pretty darn close to a franchise QB to me. And i believe that Haley can mold him into one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Here you sound like you are saying the O line is gonna suck. See the difference? I am not changing anything. You typed it.
    If we don't draft at least one OL in the first couple rounds, or get some serious FA help, the OL will suck.

We moved to the spread in 2008 because our OL couldn't keep a QB upright in a pro set. What's the use of drafting a prototype pocket passer like Stafford or Sanchez and forcing them into a spread because our OL can't hack it?

How do we expect to keep a high dollar rookie passer healthy only by pumping a couple second day picks into the OL?

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    But that is the chance you take. You either have the guts to go for a QB that is the Franchise or you dont. and form the looks of things around the NFL (steelers, giants, chargers, broncos). I would rather have a QB that can give us that chance to beat the top teams in the NFL.
    No it isn't. You make your own QBs. Dick Vermiel knew it. (Grocery bagger and a seventh rounder)

Just get the best blockers and create your own RBs and QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    No it isn't. You make your own QBs. Dick Vermiel knew it. (Grocery bagger and a seventh rounder)

Just get the best blockers and create your own RBs and QBs.
    We dont have Dick Vermiel on our team anymore. As for Warner. No one but Dick knew about his ability. But i bet you that he didnt know that Warner would turn out like he did. Other wise he wouldnt have had him backing up Trent Green.

But that the big question now. Can Pioli and Haley find a QB? Maybe we have him in Thigpen. But that is remains to be seen.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast