Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft Trade

Default Draft Trade

How about this idea, the Chiefs trade this years 2nd rounder and next years 2nd(and hopefully not next years first, maybe give a third this year instead) for a top ten pick and still have this years first overall. With having another pick that high the chiefs could snag Geno at say...8th? So we could snag the best player in the draft and still fill the huge gapping hole at QB. I hope the first pick is Star, he could be a monster with Poe demanding so many triple teams and our LBS wrecking havoc. Well I'm new so feel free to respond.

I would be ok with that. I think we SHOULD and will take the best player on the board at one no matter who that player is. Those upset about it need to think we can still trade up back into the first round. Not only do we have the best pick in the first round but we also have the best pick in every other round this year. We can use that along with a pick or 2 next year to trade back up into the first and still get a QB. We have options people a lot of them.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

would take more than both seconds to trade back into the top ten. And i have a feeling smith, wilson, and barkley, and maybe even glennon will be gone in the top 15

No way are those three gone in the first 40 picks let alone top 15. Barkley's a 2nd rd pick and Wilson is probably a 3rd. Glennon is the wild card I would think.

there is ALWAYS a run on QB's even when the QB class is "bad". There are 8 teams in the top 15 that need QB's. Barkley may be the first QB gone, he was talked about lastyear as the first QB in this draft and would have been the 3rd QB taken lastyear only to 2 super freaks that come out once a deacade. Glennon peaks ALOT of peoples interest just for his big arm and his play making abilities, wilson as it sits is a end of the first top of the second grade but come draft time he will shoot up the board, and smith will be a mid 1st to high 1st round pick. Oh and Nassib is starting to run up draft boards, there's reports we are intrested in him and could possibly take him with our second round pick. It will happen watch. this QB class isn't as bad as it's made out to be

We will have to see what happens. I can care less about those teams. And I don't thinks their is a QB on the board of taken in the first round besides genome and he still has bust written all over him.

And I don't expect every qb draft class to be like '12's . And some years only a very small handful go in the first round. And just because some yahoo GM takes a qb in any part of the draft usually means nothing. I was reviewing a draft from a few years back I think it said 30+ qbs got drafted. I think it was '06.

Mybad '05 had 14 and '06 had 12

Quote Originally Posted by Len_MEGA View Post
    No way are those three gone in the first 40 picks let alone top 15. Barkley's a 2nd rd pick and Wilson is probably a 3rd. Glennon is the wild card I would think.
    Thats just crazy talk.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Just a heads up, in 14 years in Philly, Reid never traded a future pick the following year for a pick in the current year's draft. He's done it the other way around, but he doesn't seem to be a fan of that. Also, next year's draft is considered to be stronger than this year's. I don't see him doing that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast