Thread: Playoff picture updates

Default Playoff picture updates

Today Seattle secured a playoff birth going 11-1 with a 34-7 win against the 9-3 Saints who are now tied for the #2 seed with division rival Panthers 9-3. Interesting how badly Seattle beat the saints but Seattle did try to break our stadium noise record.

I believe Denver secures a playoff birth with a win this weekend as do the chiefs if the Ravens and Dolphins lose

As stupid as it sounds, we just need to concentrate on winning the game we are faced with. If we can make the playoffs, it is a whole new season.......but we have to win 1, maybe 2 more games to make that happen.

Word is Houson told Reid he's good to go against the Skins this sunday

Seattle, if they stay healthy, is probably the best team in football. Yes, I know about their home-field advantage, but they haven't played too badly on the road this year. I can't see Denver being able to cope with them on a neutral playing field. In fact, I really believe a healthy Chiefs squad matches up better against the Hawks than any other AFC team.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Seattle, if they stay healthy, is probably the best team in football. Yes, I know about their home-field advantage, but they haven't played too badly on the road this year. I can't see Denver being able to cope with them on a neutral playing field. In fact, I really believe a healthy Chiefs squad matches up better against the Hawks than any other AFC team.
    I don't know if my views are skewed because I love my chiefs but my opinion after all 12 games is we can match up against anybody. Loss one offense stepped up but defense and special teams lost us the game. Loss 2 offense stepped it up yet another notch and defense and special teams lacked again. Loss 3 offense takes one minor step backward while the defense took a minor step forward and special teams was back on track.

i see plenty of improvement in each game it's all coming together soon, it's just a matter if we get it together this year for the playoffs? If so I think the only team that stands a chance against us is Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    I believe Denver secures a playoff birth with a win this weekend as do the chiefs if the Ravens and Dolphins lose
    The blurb I read on ESPN was Ravens OR Dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    The blurb I read on ESPN was Ravens OR Dolphins.
    i think your right I think if both lose and we win we secure the #5 if we win and only 1 of them loses then we secure #6

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Word is Houson told Reid he's good to go against the Skins this sunday
    That would be good news!