Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geek Squad Sucks!

Default Geek Squad Sucks!

Tell us your stories about Geek Squad.

We will tell you how they ripped you off.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

And here it is. If you have any GS questions ask me ive been there for 2yrs i know what the deal is there. Ill give ya tips to help ure biz vs GS.

Welcome to Arrowhead

Quote Originally Posted by m0ebr0 View Post
    And here it is. If you have any GS questions ask me ive been there for 2yrs i know what the deal is there. Ill give ya tips to help ure biz vs GS.

Cool!

I am liking you better and better every post!!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Notebook memory takes 2 seconds to install. GS will charge you $80 per stick to install it though. They even take the laptop to the back so you can't see how friggin easy it is to change out.

That is the policy in the Topeka BB anyway.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Notebook memory takes 2 seconds to install. GS will charge you $80 per stick to install it though. They even take the laptop to the back so you can't see how friggin easy it is to change out.

We cant show them how to install anything. If we show them and they do it the customer can blame us for messing the comp. Thats what managers say.

Welcome to Arrowhead

I've not ever dealt with them, and I'm glad.

Well it is actually like 20 seconds but that includes using a screwdriver, so maybe they are charging for dexterity, which most geeks have to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ebr0 View Post
    We cant show them how to install anything. If we show them and they do it the customer can blame us for messing the comp. Thats what managers say.
    Your manager just knows a better way to present it to you than mind did. He told me flat out NOT to let them see you do a laptop upgrade or they would know how EASY it is.

Customers can't say it is BBs fault if they choose to try to do something that they don't know how to do.

If I forget to put oil in my car is that my fault or the mechanic that told me how to do it? A judge will laugh that right out of the courtroom.

Your manager just knows a better way to present it to you than mind did. He told me flat out NOT to let them see you do a laptop upgrade or they would know how EASY it is.

Customers can't say it is BBs fault if they choose to try to do something that they don't know how to do.

If I forget to put oil in my car is that my fault or the mechanic that told me how to do it? A judge will laugh that right out of the courtroom.
    Pretty much like I said I dont like my job that much.

Welcome to Arrowhead

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Well it is actually like 20 seconds but that includes using a screwdriver, so maybe they are charging for dexterity, which most geeks have to learn!

They were sooo excited to hire me since I had A+ Certification. All I could think was, "That's not required?" How stupid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast