Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Let's play, "would you do it?" (trades)

Default Let's play, "would you do it?" (trades)

Propose trades.

I'll start.

(A)
    We get:
    ILB James Laurinitis AND
    (pick) #33 overall

We give:
    Glenn Dorsey

I wouldn't think twice, Dorsey I like ya, but have a nice career in Detroit! Come on over Megatron!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Bottom line, Glenn Dorsey and Derrick Johnson are two players that have not lived up to their draft position. We need to trade these players to unlock their value or we need Romeo to work his magic. I think Romeo will do wonders for DJ's career. I'm not so sure about Dorsey's.

Can I play? :P

Situation:

Dorsey, you all know about.

Saints have two LTs, both RFA's. Jamal Brown is a Pro Bowler, but was out last year with an injury. Jermon Bushrod started all last season and the Saints won a Super Bowl with him. One of them will not be happy on the pine, so chances are, one is tradable. Jermon is tendered for a 2nd, Jamal is tendered for a 1st & 3rd ( but could possibly be dealt for less due to the injury last year ).

Trade Questions:

Would you take Jamal Brown for Glenn Dorsey and a swap of 3rd round picks? Straight up no swap?

Could add more to the Lions trade:

Lions get:
    Dorsey(DT)
    DJ(LB)
    Waters(OG)

Chiefs get:
    #2(Suh)
    Calvin Johnson

Lions/Gunther get the DT that want(Dorsey), add a much needed boost at OG for a few more years with Waters. Gunther also gets his prize LB that fits his system perfectly and is a very big need for the Lions with DJ. They also drop down from #2 to #5 to save a little money on the OT they draft(Like they are trying to do anyways).

Pioli gains a guy thats probably a better fit for his/Crennels 3-4 D in Suh and also a weapon like Calvin to team up with Bowe and Chambers.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post

Lions get:
    Dorsey(DT)
    DJ(LB)
    Waters(OG)

Chiefs get:
    #2(Suh)
    Calvin Johnson

Lions/Gunther get the DT that want(Dorsey), add a much needed boost at OG for a few more years with Waters. Gunther also gets his prize LB that fits his system perfectly and is a very big need for the Lions with DJ. They also drop down from #2 to #5 to save a little money on the OT they draft(Like they are trying to do anyways).

Pioli gains a guy thats probably a better fit for his/Crennels 3-4 D in Suh and also a weapon like Calvin to team up with Bowe and Chambers.
    I don't love it only becuse it would hurt our already lack luster o line. Sure we could fix that in the draft but again you never no what your going to get in a draft pick. I would not hate it but i don't love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post

Situation:

Saints have two LTs, both RFA's. Jamal Brown is a Pro Bowler, but was out last year with an injury. Jermon Bushrod started all last season and the Saints won a Super Bowl with him. One of them will not be happy on the pine, so chances are, one is tradable. Jermon is tendered for a 2nd, Jamal is tendered for a 1st & 3rd ( but could possibly be dealt for less due to the injury last year ).

Trade Questions:

Would you take Jamal Brown for Glenn Dorsey and a swap of 3rd round picks? Straight up no swap?
    You know what's crazy about this scenario? The year the Chiefs drafted Dorsey, the Saints actually made a offer to trade Brown & the 9th pick for the pick you guys picked Dorsey with. Still wonder why Carl never made that happen.

I'll play along:

Dorsey, 2B draft pick to CHI for Alex Brown & Greg Olsen....???

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post

Situation:

Trade Questions:

I doubt The Saints would be too terribly interested, as they took Sedrick Ellis in that same draft and he has really done a good job for them.

But, if they were to make that offer, I might have to bite. Primarily because I think we are wasting Dorsey's talent by misusing him.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post

Lions get:
    Dorsey(DT)
    DJ(LB)
    Waters(OG)

Chiefs get:
    #2(Suh)
    Calvin Johnson

I don't see Suh as any kind of a fit for the 3-4. As with Dorsey, he'd be a DT forced to play some other position that doesn't make great use of his particular skills.

C.Johnson would be great to have. But I just don't see where the move up in draft position gets us much.

Basically, we give up three pojected starters, and pretty darn good ones, for one starter, and an unwanted change of draft position.

I am out on this deal.

I wonder if 2a and a 5th would land Gaithers...

I'd LOVE to land a franchise LT with 2a just like I LOVED the idea of landing a franchise QB with our 2nd round pick last season.

On the ESPN rumors today, they mentioned that the Steelers are "intently listening" to trade offers for Big Ben. After their surprising trade of WR Holmes, the Steelers have shown they are willing to trade away the "bad apples."

Pete Carroll is gonna want a good QB. Getting Ben on the cheap would be advantageous for him. The Seattle Seahawks give the Steelers their second round pick which they acquired from San Diego.

The Steelers, now suddenly in need of a QBOTF, decide they want to trade up to get Clausen before the Browns pick and risk having to face him for the next decade.

#5 Overall is worth a point value of 1700.

The Steelers trade:
    #18 (900 pts)
    #52 (380 pts)
    #60 (300 pts)
    #82 (180 pts)
    (1760 total pts)

Chiefs trade:
    #5 (1700 pts)
    #136 (38 pts)
    2011 6th round pick (est. value 22 pts)
    (1760 total est. pts)

That gives us 4 second round picks and 7 in the first 82...

...would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    On the ESPN rumors today, they mentioned that the Steelers are "intently listening" to trade offers for Big Ben. After their surprising trade of WR Holmes, the Steelers have shown they are willing to trade away the "bad apples."

Pete Carroll is gonna want a good QB. Getting Ben on the cheap would be advantageous for him. The Seattle Seahawks give the Steelers their second round pick which they acquired from San Diego.

The Steelers, now suddenly in need of a QBOTF, decide they want to trade up to get Clausen before the Browns pick and risk having to face him for the next decade.

#5 Overall is worth a point value of 1700.

The Steelers trade:
    #18 (900 pts)
    #52 (380 pts)
    #60 (300 pts)
    #82 (180 pts)
    (1760 total pts)

Chiefs trade:
    #5 (1700 pts)
    #136 (38 pts)
    2011 6th round pick (est. value 22 pts)
    (1760 total est. pts)

That gives us 4 second round picks and 7 in the first 82...

...would you do it?

I like that so much I'd buy that for a dollar and a half!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast