Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: boldin wants out of arizona

Default boldin wants out of arizona

boldin says he wants out of arizona for the next year could he be in a kc uniform next season? i personally think we need to build this team from the offense and defensive line first.but i can already hear the bowe boldin rumors coming

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    jmlamerson...You just itch for an argument, eh? lol

I never said DO NOT resign him. I said he is not worthy of a high dollar contract at this time.

Now, if he improves even more this upcoming year (less drops, for one thing), then it is worth negotiating, imho.
    I do, I admit it.

It's just that we have so few bright spots on this team right now. Players like Bowe, TG, and Thigpen are bright spots. And I keep reading how we need to dump these guys for draft picks or that they're not really future starters. And in the same breath, people defend guys who haven't done anything for the team, like Tank, Dorsey, and Page.

And I just wonder if everyone's crazy but me. That following the plan of dumping our good young players for projects is what you expect from the Royals, not the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I do, I admit it.

It's just that we have so few bright spots on this team right now. Players like Bowe, TG, and Thigpen are bright spots. And I keep reading how we need to dump these guys for draft picks or that they're not really future starters. And in the same breath, people defend guys who haven't done anything for the team, like Tank, Dorsey, and Page.

And I just wonder if everyone's crazy but me. That following the plan of dumping our good young players for projects is what you expect from the Royals, not the Chiefs.
    Hey I understand but...For arguments sake...I'll bite on this one with uppers and lowers! ;-)

As far as Bowe being a bright spot...WHAT? He is the 2nd best reciever on the team when compared to TG and that being in his 2nd year, right?

The are 2 reasons why he DID get that many catches and 1000 yds (which is a 62 yd avg per game):

1) TG cannot catch 150-200 balls.

2) Other than TG, there was no competition at WR.

So, if you want to keep 2 of your bright spots, TG and Thigpen, I will not debate their performance given the circumstances.

Bowe...He needs to bump it up another notch before he gets a HIGH dollar contract. He was a first rounder and this will be his 3rd year as a Pro. I expect it, I know Pioli and Haley will expect it and HE, above all should expect it.

Last edited by dbolan; 02-10-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: edits for poor grammar...sorry about that

Hey I understand but...For arguments sake...I'll bite on this one with uppers and lowers! ;-)

As far as Bowe being a bright spot...WHAT? He is the 2nd best reciever on the team when compared to TG and that being in his 2nd year, right?

The are 2 reasons why he DID get that many catches and 1000 yds (which is a 62 yd avg per game):

1) TG cannot catch 150-200 balls.

2) Other than TG, there was no competition at WR.

So, if you want to keep 2 of your bright spots, TG and Thigpen, I will not debate their performance given the circumstances.

Bowe...He needs to bump it up another notch before he gets a HIGH dollar contract. He was a first rounder and this will be his 3rd year as a Pro. I expect it, I know Pioli and Haley will expect it and HE, above all should expect it.

Bowe is a second year receiver who has about 1,000 yards a year for the past two years. He's never had a great QB throwing to him. Except Calvin Johnson and maybe Brandon Marshall, he's the best WR in the NFL under 25 years old.

I mean, FFS, what do people want out of the guy?

And it's crazy that people can defend people who have done nothing or massively underachieved for the Chiefs (i.e. our entire defensive front seven) and go after our 24-year-old 1,000 yard WR. He's one of about five Chiefs players who could start for any other team in the NFL. Cut the guy some slack.

Does he deserve to be the highest paid WR in the NFL? No. Are we idiots if we don't pay him market value? Definitely.

Bowe is a second year receiver who has about 1,000 yards a year for the past two years. He's never had a great QB throwing to him. Except Calvin Johnson and maybe Brandon Marshall, he's the best WR in the NFL under 25 years old.

And it's crazy that people can defend people who have done nothing or massively underachieved for the Chiefs (i.e. our entire defensive front seven) and go after our 24-year-old 1,000 yard WR. He's one of about five Chiefs players who could start for any other team in the NFL. Cut the guy some slack.

Does he deserve to be the highest paid WR in the NFL? No. Are we idiots if we don't pay him market value? Definitely.
    Agree with all of this. And I watched a lot of Brandon Marshall this season, he drops just as many balls as Bowe does.

I said this on another thread and I think it bears repeating. It's tough to evaluate any of the young talent on this team because they were so God-awfully coached this year. That includes the positions coaches that are supposed to help with technique. I guy like Gonzales isn't going to have problems anymore. But young players like Bowe need good positions coaches to help them the first few years. So I think this year, more than last, is where the true evaluation of the young players comes from.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

I do, I admit it.

Well, I just looked at the 2008 salaries for WR's and for every one I found that was underpaid, I found one that was overpaid.

But, to be fair....Bowe got $2mil in 2008 and I would not see a problem with bumping it up to 3 or 3.5 mil.

Well, I just looked at the 2008 salaries for WR's and for every one I found that was underpaid, I found one that was overpaid.
    I don't see what this has to do with the price of tea in China. Every position has players that are unerpaid and overpaid.

But, to be fair....Bowe got $2mil in 2008 and I would not see a problem with bumping it up to 3 or 3.5 mil.
    Wow. When people look at the Chiefs roster now and wonder where the talent went, it's because of attitudes like these.

Good points, Mr. Lamerson.

I'm just not sure how a guy with 86 catches, 1,022 yards, and 7 TD's is not considered a good receiver.
    Great? Maybe not, and the guy did drop some balls, but clearly he contributed to the offense in 2008, and in a productive, positive way.

I think he'll do so again in 2009.

jb

D bowe has been the best reciever out of his class, drops or not.

All he needs is to bump his hands thru offseason catch drill and madden pre-season and he CAN be a solid #1

(madden joke :()

I hate these kind of rumors. Could we use Anquan Boldin? Of course. Are we going to get him? No.

It's not realistic enough for us to land him. Swapping draft picks, trading LJ, whatever. It's not going to happen. I highly doubt he's going to want to come to Kansas City, neither will he want to play under Haley. If he did, that would surprise me. And plus, he's not a Pioli guy.
    2009 Chiefs - The start of a dynasty.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast