Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: J.A. Tagged

Repost, but thanks for the heads up. :)

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...ghlight=tagged

Sucks just as bad every time I hear it.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Sucks just as bad every time I hear it.

It does indeed; to think that we will be without the services of Jared Allen after the 08 season.

We will see. all you guys are ready for the worst all the time. Maybe they tagged him so he does not talk to other teams while we adresss our free agent and draft needs and then hammer out a deal with him. It just happened today and people are already saying goodbye.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

He still may not be with us this year. If a team wants him bad enough, and gives us two first rounders...he's gone-which would suck!!

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    He still may not be with us this year. If a team wants him bad enough, and gives us two first rounders...he's gone-which would suck!!
    I would prefer that to the Tag and then letting him go for nothing. I still believe that they will work out something long term. Just change the name on LJ's contract and pretend they never signed him to big money!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I would prefer that to the Tag and then letting him go for nothing. I still believe that they will work out something long term. Just change the name on LJ's contract and pretend they never signed him to big money!!
    that would work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    It does indeed; to think that we will be without the services of Jared Allen after the 08 season.
    We could still tag him again next year too.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I believe that thwe Chiefs used an "exclusive" form of the franchise tag. Which means that no other team can even negotiate with him. I could be wrong, but I was hearing something to that effect.

Everything I have read says any team could still offer him a deal. Obviously they would have to give up 2 first round draft picks if they did so. Then we could match.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast