Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Sounds like we have a new QB !

Default Sounds like we have a new QB !

My pick for QB to pick up since Croyle went down is about to come true it seems barring a physical . heres the link :

http://www.bobgretz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    that's the easiest fix of all!

All you gotta' do is draft/FA 2 on the line, pick up a top-tier OLB, and your good for starting.

Kick Donnie, Jared, and Pat to the curb, give "Crusher" Williams and Morgan to play with, put "SportsCarr" back on the field and it's a done deal. You're ready now.

The REAL question/issue is; DJ and Gun. If we're sticking with C-2( which I think sucks donkey-b*lls ), then Gun has to go.
    If we take the high road, let Gun do his thing, and commit to a pass-rush, DJ has to go and we need another drafted/FA OLB.
    I want the pass rush because I'm confident that Morgan and Williams can handle the run. Pollard's a good stop-gap, but he can't do it all on his own. Morgan's a hitter; do not doubt it.
    And finally, Carr and Flowers have both shown us that if we can make a QB rush, hesitate, misread, or stuble; they're gonna' be right there to capitalize on it.
    We've GOT tools, we just need to use them.

I'm on the O-Line bandwagon too I guess.
    F*#&ing traded Jared Allen?!?!?!

All I can say about the defense is that I don't think we have enough tools to effectively stuff the run. Not to mention we can't buy a pass-rush. F*#&ing traded Jared Allen?!?!?!

If Gun is allowed to run his defense, then maybe he can blitz his way to some QB pressure. But otherwise, real pass-rushing DEs are impossible to find. Too bad we haven't had our hands on any of those. What a find a guy like that is.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    F*#&ing traded Jared Allen?!?!?!

All I can say about the defense is that I don't think we have enough tools to effectively stuff the run. Not to mention we can't buy a pass-rush. F*#&ing traded Jared Allen?!?!?!

If Gun is allowed to run his defense, then maybe he can blitz his way to some QB pressure. But otherwise, real pass-rushing DEs are impossible to find. Too bad we haven't had our hands on any of those. What a find a guy like that is.
    Okay, okay; I'm mad about Jared too! We let the wrong guy go, pure and simple.
    Now, that said; give Morgan, Pollard, and Williams the benefit of the doubt. Work with me on this!
    Those guys got DJ fired up big time the one and only time they all got to play together. There IS something there.
    If we decide to forgo the outside and rush up the middle, we snag the Samoan; pure and simple. Since we're going to shore up that line( and the O-Line too )as a high priority, it works to our rush's benefit.
    A good mix of FA's and draftees can keep the money in check for the lines, and we cherry pick on the positions where all-star quality is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Okay, okay; I'm mad about Jared too! We let the wrong guy go, pure and simple.
    Now, that said; give Morgan, Pollard, and Williams the benefit of the doubt. Work with me on this!
    Those guys got DJ fired up big time the one and only time they all got to play together. There IS something there.
    If we decide to forgo the outside and rush up the middle, we snag the Samoan; pure and simple. Since we're going to shore up that line( and the O-Line too )as a high priority, it works to our rush's benefit.
    A good mix of FA's and draftees can keep the money in check for the lines, and we cherry pick on the positions where all-star quality is a must.
    Or... stay with me here...

We could just eliminate our GM and Head Coach, bring in Cowher, and whoever, and trust in The Chin.

That's a guy that I would give the benefit of the doubt to for a couple of seasons.

Now I know that we can both agree on that!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Or... stay with me here...

We could just eliminate our GM and Head Coach, bring in Cowher, and whoever, and trust in The Chin.

That's a guy that I would give the benefit of the doubt to for a couple of seasons.

Now I know that we can both agree on that!
    I'll take Cowher Power 1st. But if he just can't be swayed, then I campaign for Beamer Ball.

We didn't really have much of a choice in the situation with Allen... the guy didn't want to play here. And he's a freaking lunatic so I wouldn't be surprised if he would have held out 2008. As a player, he's great.. his character? Not so much. And Minnesota's pass defense isn't exactly flourishing with him.

Cowher would be great! I've had the same thoughts ever since he retired.. but KC might be a bit further than he's willing to go. I'm sure he'd rather stay on the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    We didn't really have much of a choice in the situation with Allen... the guy didn't want to play here. And he's a freaking lunatic so I wouldn't be surprised if he would have held out 2008. As a player, he's great.. his character? Not so much. And Minnesota's pass defense isn't exactly flourishing with him.

Cowher would be great! I've had the same thoughts ever since he retired.. but KC might be a bit further than he's willing to go. I'm sure he'd rather stay on the east coast.
    Money talks. Lets give Cowher a boat-load.
    SHUT IT

Thumbs down Money should be spent elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Money talks. Lets give Cowher a boat-load.
    Why is it..When a team does bad it is the coaches fault.. When a team does good-it is the players?
    Money should be spent on free agents {proven 1s}
    Signing players that r worth a damm..It takes 2 yrs for a Qb (xcept Ryan) who i clammered 4 last yr (Trade up) 2 get-sore subject..We better get better with the o-line and get 5 Qb's next yr-The rate the Chiefs get go through them!
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    Why is it..When a team does bad it is the coaches fault.. When a team does good-it is the players?
    Money should be spent on free agents {proven 1s}
    Signing players that r worth a damm..It takes 2 yrs for a Qb (xcept Ryan) who i clammered 4 last yr (Trade up) 2 get-sore subject..We better get better with the o-line and get 5 Qb's next yr-The rate the Chiefs get go through them!
    I understand your point, and more often than not I feel the same way.
    But in the case of this Chiefs team, minus some line and LB needs, I know we've got guys that can play.
    And I'm not gonna' lay it ALL on Herm. The fact of the matter is; we've got a horrid stew of coaching, coordinating, management, and support staff that might as well be working on separate teams.
    These guys are NOT firing on the same cylinders or pursuing a common strategy, and it more than shows on the field.
    If you were a fly on the wall at One Arrowhead Drive, I'm 99% positive you'd see plenty of dissension in the ranks and tempers flying.

Cool

I am for King Carl to go. But to rid us of Herm will cost much need $ to be spent elsewhere..Being in the bay area has shown me $ buys superbowls..Good un-$- Free agents costs..High draft picks costs-Talent costs--KC to me seems poor.. Hell.. Why you guys are at it..Get rid of the Hunt's and let a California person buy it and move it to Calif.. :stop: That should get a rise of all those who want a clean-out of the Chiefs! **** We have an awesome football team here in San Jose-Sabercats..Look em up!
    Many Arena Bowl championships..div's etc.:goldcup:
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    I am for King Carl to go. But to rid us of Herm will cost much need $ to be spent elsewhere..Being in the bay area has shown me $ buys superbowls..Good un-$- Free agents costs..High draft picks costs-Talent costs--KC to me seems poor.. Hell.. Why you guys are at it..Get rid of the Hunt's and let a California person buy it and move it to Calif.. :stop: That should get a rise of all those who want a clean-out of the Chiefs! **** We have an awesome football team here in San Jose-Sabercats..Look em up!
    Many Arena Bowl championships..div's etc.:goldcup:
    We've tried the 20 year UCLA business plan; didn't work worth a sh*t.

Always appreciate the input though!