Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dwayne bowe and chiefs currantly negotiating

Default dwayne bowe and chiefs currantly negotiating

Earlier on Thursday, we asked if Dwayne Bowe would be the best wide receiver available in free agency this offseason. Perhaps he won't even become available after all.
    Offseason Forecast: Chiefs
    With the offseason under way, Around The League examines what's next for all 32 teams. Kareem Copeland tackles the Chiefs. More ...

Ian Rapoport reported Thursday night on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" that the Kansas City Chiefs are actively pursuing a new contract with Bowe, according to sources close to the situation. Bowe's representatives have met with the Chiefs, and Rapoport expects conversations to continue in the coming weeks.
    This is a bit of a surprise, but perhaps it shouldn't be. This is a brand new Chiefs regime that clearly could view Bowe in a different light than former general manager Scott Pioli, who didn't appear willing to give Bowe the long-term deal that he wanted. Rapoport reports that Andy Reid was very high on Bowe coming out of LSU.
    The Chiefs need a ton of help on offense, notably at quarterback and wide receiver. Their passing game practically is starting from scratch. Perhaps Reid's first big purchase as Chiefs coach will be a very familiar name.
    UPDATE: Rapoport also reported Thursday that in addiition to Bowe, the Chiefs would like to bring back offensive tackle Branden Albert. The Chiefs have talked with his representatives and should be able to sign both players, according to Rapoport.

would be a great move to sign bowe then franchise albert, draft ej manuel in the 3rd round, and trade for foles(for a 3rd rounder comp pick). then swap first round picks possibly with philly to draft the top cb (receive a 4th rounder), take d/e in the 2nd , let dorsey walk,sign jeryius bird in free agency.

Re-signing Bowe AND Albert will take up a ton of cap space. To get both AND a big free agent name, they're going to need to cut or restructure Tyson Jackson. Trading down from #1 to #4 would require the Eagles give up a 2nd round pick. I like the idea of trading down and gaining extra compensation. Wonder if swapping firsts with Philly would be enough to get Foles. But what would Philly be targeting at #1 overall for them to make that move? The Chiefs have probably the most undesirable #1 overall pick in the history of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Re-signing Bowe AND Albert will take up a ton of cap space. To get both AND a big free agent name, they're going to need to cut or restructure Tyson Jackson. Trading down from #1 to #4 would require the Eagles give up a 2nd round pick. I like the idea of trading down and gaining extra compensation. Wonder if swapping firsts with Philly would be enough to get Foles. But what would Philly be targeting at #1 overall for them to make that move? The Chiefs have probably the most undesirable #1 overall pick in the history of the league.
    Yeah they definately have to do something with Jackson's contract. Either restructure it or flat out cut him.

The Chiefs have probably the most undesirable #1 overall pick in the history of the league.

LMAO!! wait wait wait.... Are you REALLY trying to dog my post with a Star Trek gif.??? bwahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa I figured Australia would be over Star Trek by now. Didn't realize y'all were so behind that the show is still "cool" down there. LMAO!!

LMAO!! wait wait wait.... Are you REALLY trying to dog my post with a Star Trek gif.??? bwahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa I figured Australia would be over Star Trek by now. Didn't realize y'all were so behind that the show is still "cool" down there. LMAO!!
    Not really. The point was the facepalm.....

I love the idea of swapping first round picks for an existing QB! I have to imagine that would be attractive to a team that has QB talent on the bench. Foles, alex Smith, Orton, Flynn, etc. Then we would have a QB, still have a 1st rd pick, and could probably grab a young QB in the 2nd rd.

I like this idea much more than drafting LT #1 and then drafting whatever QB is left in the 2nd rd.

taking the LT pick out of the equation may give us a tradeable pick to philly
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

‎@RapSheet

More on #Chiefs: Along with Bowe, KC would also like OT Branden Albert back. They've talked with his reps, too. Yes, they can sign both.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast