Thread: Bright Spot: Travis Kelce!

Default Bright Spot: Travis Kelce!

When we drafted him last year in the 3rd round, I thought he might be a reach. His background reported him as a tad immature, but with huge upside. I recall a reporter here in Boston referring to him as a poor-man's Rob Gronkowski. At 6'6" 260 lbs. this guy can run! If he can stay healthy, we have a true gem here.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

I tend to agree.....it's the staying healthy part that worries me. That and his blocking ability.

Does he have a history of being hurt. Other than the hair line fracture in his leg last year, does he have something else to be concerned with.

Aside from last year, I am not aware of any history of injuries. I just get nervous when a rookie is out with an injury basically his whole first year.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Aside from last year, I am not aware of any history of injuries. I just get nervous when a rookie is out with an injury basically his whole first year.
    Accidents and injuries happen without regard for timing. They can happen in a rookie year or they can happen 5 years into a career. There's no formula for this. Relax.

BTW, I'm certainly not gonna declare Kelce a star yet, but I laugh at all the naysayers who had already declared him a bust and a wasted draft choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    BTW, I'm certainly not gonna declare Kelce a star yet, but I laugh at all the naysayers who had already declared him a bust and a wasted draft choice.
    He's certainly no star yet and I haven't had the opportunity to see if his 2 TDs were a result of poor coverage or exceptional play on his part but we know Reid likes to throw to tight ends and if Bowe starts doing what he gets paid for it should lead to Kelce being able to be an important contributor. If Bowe becomes a legitimate mid to deep threat the tight ends and JC should be able to catch the ball with some good running room. And that idea has to scare any Defensive Coordinator. A good deep threat really loosens up the game for Reid's offense.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 08-18-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    He's certainly no star yet and I haven't had the opportunity to see if his 2 TDs were a result of poor coverage or exceptional play on his part but we know Reid likes to throw to tight ends and if Bowe starts doing what he gets paid for it should lead to Kelce being able to be an important contributor. If Bowe becomes a legitimate mid to deep threat the tight ends and JC should be able to catch the ball with some good running room. And that idea has to scare any Defensive Coordinator. A good deep threat really loosens up the game for Reid's offense.
    He was wide open on both of those plays. Anytime no defenders are around it's blown coverage, but a reciever must have done something right to create that blown coverage. Plus he pulled AWAY from DBs because he's faster than them. The kid IS going to be a superstar if he can stay healthy! He also has quick direction changes on his jukes and he fools multiple defenders.