Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 610 Sports reporting that Pioli attending hiring meetings.

Default 610 Sports reporting that Pioli attending hiring meetings.

This irks me to no end.
    SHUT IT

I don't know what the big deal is. Espn is reporting that there was a huge group of people involved in KC's interview team that went to KC. Him being there first doesn't mean he was running the interview or even doing anything more than sitting there listening and taking notes.

I have interviewed people for jobs with others present who were not going to have one iota of influence in the hiring decision. There were many reasons he could have been there.

If you thought that Clark had cut ties 100% with Pioli, then I'm sorry, but he is still in the role of GM. I think he has been stripped of much of his power (hence the lack of any word about negotiations with Albert or any of our other FAs). The deal will probably be Pioli can stay to help handle contract negotiations, but the decision of which players we go after would remain with the coach. If the coach doesn't want that responsibility, then they would cut Pioli and get a new GM.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I don't know what the big deal is. Espn is reporting that there was a huge group of people involved in KC's interview team that went to KC. Him being there first doesn't mean he was running the interview or even doing anything more than sitting there listening and taking notes.

I have interviewed people for jobs with others present who were not going to have one iota of influence in the hiring decision. There were many reasons he could have been there.

If you thought that Clark had cut ties 100% with Pioli, then I'm sorry, but he is still in the role of GM. I think he has been stripped of much of his power (hence the lack of any word about negotiations with Albert or any of our other FAs). The deal will probably be Pioli can stay to help handle contract negotiations, but the decision of which players we go after would remain with the coach. If the coach doesn't want that responsibility, then they would cut Pioli and get a new GM.
    Perhaps he can play the role of "stapler boy" for said contracts.

How do we know that Reid isn't interviewing Pioli?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    This is what I was thinking. The only way I see Reid coming to KC is if pioli convinced him that Andy you pick the player ill negotiate the contract. And that is it you run the team as you fit ill figure out cap space and contracts.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    THIS

Pioli might just be there so he can plead his case if the interview goes that well. We just don't know why he's there and what he's doing. Lets not overract
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

But a 9 hour interview is substantial kinda reminds me of when Eric Winston came to town and whose services were wanted by several other teams and he never made it. Wouldn't be the worst descision we have made. It's high profile guy has had success he's an offensive guru. I am not gonna be mad if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    But a 9 hour interview is substantial kinda reminds me of when Eric Winston came to town and whose services were wanted by several other teams and he never made it. Wouldn't be the worst descision we have made. It's high profile guy has had success he's an offensive guru. I am not gonna be mad if it happens.
    If Reid is hired the only thing I don't want is for Vick to come with him. I don't want Vick at all I think VIck is now a backup at best
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling.
    Lmao, wouldn't be as big a deal if Pioli wasn't such an idiot. I'd just hate for Pioli to screw up our chance of a good coach by being involved. It seems at this point were the laughing stock of the nfl, and in big part because Pioli is still employed.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If Reid is hired the only thing I don't want is for Vick to come with him. I don't want Vick at all I think VIck is now a backup at best
    Yeah, but he is better than anything Pioli ever brought here. Course - that aint sayin' much.
    Last edited by Bike; 01-02-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast