Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Raiders

Default Raiders

Wow they did not look good tonight, lets hope they keep up the good work.

After seeing that, and seeing the Chiefs really look good, I hope we can take this division this year and do something in the playoffs.

Your crazy to say preseason doesn't matter and isn't a close resemblance to your team.

with a young team or a team that has new coordinators or head coach. you best believe pre season matters. you want things to start gellin during the pre season and for your players to get a grasp of how they are supposed to execute their coordinators game plan.

with a seasoned veteran team that has been together forever. or the system has. the pre season does not much matter at all.

i will say this dont judge because of 1 game in the pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Yoda

The "experts" seemed to play up that DMC staying healthy was the key to your offense and Palmer being successful, not so sure I agree with that. What's your guys take on that statement.
    DMC is without a doubt is the KEY to offensive success. His presence opens up the offense and takes preassure off the passing game. DMAC can score from anywhere on the field. Palmer did pretty good last year considering he literally came off the couch by weak 7 last season. Now with a full offseason and RunDMC in the backfield, this O could be one of the most explosive O's in the Leauge.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Your crazy to say preseason doesn't matter and isn't a close resemblance to your team.
    Call me crazy

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    with a young team or a team that has new coordinators or head coach. you best believe pre season matters. you want things to start gellin during the pre season and for your players to get a grasp of how they are supposed to execute their coordinators game plan.

with a seasoned veteran team that has been together forever. or the system has. the pre season does not much matter at all.

i will say this dont judge because of 1 game in the pre season.
    You do make some valid points. You do want to build confidence, but at expense of exposing everything in preseason to get a meaningless win? No.

It was one game....but toss out another goose game next game...you start raising some eyebrows.

As I said, the Raiders run D looked imposing....but it was one game in preseason....that doesn't tell me much either.

The preseason and the regular season play is vastly different.

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    DMC is without a doubt is the KEY to offensive success. His presence opens up the offense and takes preassure off the passing game. DMAC can score from anywhere on the field. Palmer did pretty good last year considering he literally came off the couch by weak 7 last season. Now with a full offseason and RunDMC in the backfield, this O could be one of the most explosive O's in the Leauge.
    Would you guys be in a world of hurt if he went down similar to what happened here with Charles?

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Would you guys be in a world of hurt if he went down similar to what happened here with Charles?
    The Raiders almost the playoffs without him. Then again, they had Michael Bush. Tawain Jones is unproven... so in a word....yes. DMAC is the key to the Raiders' year.

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

The Raiders almost the playoffs without him. Then again, they had Michael Bush. Tawain Jones is unproven... so in a word....yes. DMAC is the key to the Raiders' year.
    Well then, May DMAC stay healthy for the entire season! May all the Chief's starters stay health. I want no excuses this season for losses because of injuries! MAY THE CHIEFS and Raiders, rivalry continually be strong! May the best team win the division! Personally I think it will be the CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Well then, May DMAC stay healthy for the entire season! May all the Chief's starters stay health. I want no excuses this season for losses because of injuries! MAY THE CHIEFS and Raiders, rivalry continually be strong! May the best team win the division! Personally I think it will be the CHIEFS!!!!!!!!
    Agreed....(except the part about the Chiefs winning the division)....here....here!

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Agreed....(except the part about the Chiefs winning the division)....here....here!
    There you go being a Raider again! LOL, have a frosty on my tab, for being a fan.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast