Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Sam from Mizzou is one brave guy

Default Michael Sam from Mizzou is one brave guy

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...ssouri-tigers/

This sadly will turn some teams off from him I'm sure. But if he were to end up a Chief I wouldn't mind it one bit. It takes a lot of guts to do what he did. I admire him 100%
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Well hey guys I'm straight and love women..let me announce it to the world. Just like stupid Ellen deggenerate!!!
    We don't care if your gay keep it to yourself!!! He's just looking for reasons to sue if he doesn't get drafted or some b.s.!!
    Yeah, this pretty much sums it up. Heterosexuals don't go around telling the world they are hetero, I just do not quite understand the need for homosexuals to do that. I guess we are living in the day when announcing that you are victim gives you some clout.

I think the guy was smart at least to make the most out of his new-found victim hood. He will get lots of people talking about him and at the same time, if he is not taken in the top 8 picks in the draft, those teams will be dragged through the coals of the crowd who likes to find bigotry in everything that happens.

He has pretty much guaranteed that he will be taken higher in the draft than he might have, especially if he has a poor showing at the combine.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

You think he is playing the victim card here? Victim of what, exactly?
    The fact that a person is gay makes him/her a victim of the gay?
    To improve his draft position? Even with a bad combine?
    Smfh
    Dude's going have to work twice as hard now to make a team commit to him. Should not have to
    but a lot of gm's and owners are good ol' boys with backwoods thinking like the last couple of posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Well hey guys I'm straight and love women..let me announce it to the world. Just like stupid Ellen deggenerate!!!
    We don't care if your gay keep it to yourself!!! He's just looking for reasons to sue if he doesn't get drafted or some b.s.!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Yeah, this pretty much sums it up. Heterosexuals don't go around telling the world they are hetero, I just do not quite understand the need for homosexuals to do that. I guess we are living in the day when announcing that you are victim gives you some clout.

I think the guy was smart at least to make the most out of his new-found victim hood. He will get lots of people talking about him and at the same time, if he is not taken in the top 8 picks in the draft, those teams will be dragged through the coals of the crowd who likes to find bigotry in everything that happens.

He has pretty much guaranteed that he will be taken higher in the draft than he might have, especially if he has a poor showing at the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Heterosexuals don't have to go through the things gay people do. It's not uncommon to be heterosexual.

Gays have had to go through alot. They have been treated very very poorly throughout our history. They are a group that is fighting for there rights. The same rights that anyone else has. That's why this is an issue not just in sports but in life.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by SloJimFizz View Post
    You think he is playing the victim card here? Victim of what, exactly?
    The fact that a person is gay makes him/her a victim of the gay?
    To improve his draft position? Even with a bad combine?
    Smfh
    Dude's going have to work twice as hard now to make a team commit to him. Should not have to
    but a lot of gm's and owners are good ol' boys with backwoods thinking like the last couple of posts.
    I agree with everything you say, until you turn it around to Backwoods thinking? Just as you have your opinion other will have theirs. Not only is the young man going to have to work, so will all of his team mates as well as the organization. It is one thing to come out and declare you sexual preference and most will say good for you. The issue is when it directly affects someone else. Not everyone is comfortable taking showers with someone who may be looking at them with thoughts other than judging their manhood. If you disagreed with that, I stronly suggest you petition to push for community locker rooms or bath room where men and women shower together without privacy, and use the same hot tubs, saunas and steam rooms regardless of their sexual preference. (you can start at my club) Then people can just stare at someone they find attractive and make that person feel uncomfortable just because someone told them their backwood thinking is living in the past and they should be accepting of other peoples sexual preference even it means they have to be eye candy, because without knowing that preference, you are not conciously concerned that it is happening. I know that is a bit drastic of a comparison but it is along the same lines. I mean the real issue isn't that they are men or women. It is the exposure to knowing that there is a chance someone is checking out the goods, using that image for something more.

I don't have a problem with Mr. Sam. In fact I respect him for making this statement and being a leader for stepping up for his rights. However, if he wants to take on this role, he will need to keep his cool when he is faced with discrimination or he will become a cancer in the locker room and that is what GM's are worried about. He will still shower with other men who may not like being looked at. He is going to tackle men who may not like him the way he was wrapped them up to tackle him. It will happen, just as people will argue their political or religious believes.

Well this could open the door for other draft picks to do what Michael Sam just did.
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

The only real negative about this is he's probably created himself a Tebow'esque media circus that will follow him around

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    The only real negative about this is he's probably created himself a Tebow'esque media circus that will follow him around
    Probably true. However, I don't blame him for coming out before he was outed. It was common knowledge among scouts that he was gay (his whole college team knew), so it was only a matter of time before someone trying to make a bunch of money for their "news" website wrote an article to capitalize on his private life. If I were him, I would rather openly admit it publicly than have people trying to make money off of me. Kinda like when celebs have babies and bring them out in public for everyone to see and take photos of, to make it less of a big deal and prevent people from trying to break into their house to get that first photo and sell it.

I certainly don't have any problem with him 'coming out'. I find it to be a brave thing to do, especially considering the atmosphere of ultra-manliness in The NFL. And, I think it is a great courtesy to any and all of his future teammates.

This whole fear of the showers thing is done a great service by making no secret of it. Would you be more disturbed if he kept it a secret, and you found out a year into it? Or would you prefer to know right away? Seems like an obvious choice to me. But these guys have women and homosexuals around all the time when they shower. It is no big deal when you have any and everybody in your locker room already.

The only real potential for a problem would be from those who just can't handle their own emotions about the subject. But that COULD bring up many issues.

Well Michael Sam wonder what round he will be drafted in? That could hurt his chances of being drafted in the first round!
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12