Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TG TO ATLANTA 2nd round

Default TG TO ATLANTA 2nd round

TG just went to atlanta for a second round in 10'

I live in Atlanta, and the town is excited. Tony is already quoted talking about a superbowl run. Remember the Falcons have NEVER had back to back winning seasons.

I think Tony is a great fit for them, and nobody was gonna give us a second this year for him.
    We are looking at a mid 2nd pick, I am fine with the trade-build through the draft.

I also would have love to seen Gonzo walking off in the sunset with a KC jersey on and a KC SuperBowl ring
    Im getting a little choked up

LETS GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wichitaj View Post
    He deserves a chance at a title before he retires, and that won't be happening in KC this year.

It was a good move for kc, trading while still some value.
    Let's be honest here. It won't be happening in Atlanta this year either. I would not be shocked if the Chiefs win more games this year than the Falcons do.

This trade had nothing to do with where Tony wanted to play, and everything to do with Pioli getting the most value out of TG.

So long TG, and be careful what you wish for.
    Last edited by Coach; 04-23-2009 at 06:11 PM.

"Coach", you have got to be kidding me. You "would not be shocked if the Chiefs win more games this year than the Falcons do". Yeah right. The Falcons will be a playoff team again for sure with this high-powered offense. Sounds like some sour grapes. I don't blame you because this was highway robbery. Atlanta fans are rejoicing for getting the top TE in the NFL and not even having to give up any draft picks this year or a first rounder next year.

Just another horrible choice in the Chiefs string of poor decisions. It all started off by going with Herm. Herm was obviously no Vermiel. Herm is obviously ill equiped to deal with a dynamic offense.

Tossing away Tony Richardson was unbelievable. You trying for a hard pounding running offense and you toss away one of the best blocking fullbacks ever, when your offensive line is strugging?

Then the nonsense about going for a younger team, followed by throwing away Jared Allen. Jared Allen isnt old. He would have been a great foundation for rebuilding the defense. Wasted...

Also, lets throw away Donnie Edwards. I mean, its not like we want atleast one solid linebacker. Lets toss him away again.

Now lets throw away Gonzo. Between Gonzo, Bowe, and a fresh quaterback, this offense had a shot. All you needed was to tighten up the O-line and maybe add in a good blocking fullback to give LJ some room to run. Nope. You drop Gonzo for a 2nd round draft choice a year from now. Your drop a guy that will probably have 5 more great years for a slim possiblity.

Since Vermiel, the Chiefs have been the most self destructive team in the league.
    -tony d

Quote Originally Posted by dorsetttb View Post
    Just another horrible choice in the Chiefs string of poor decisions. It all started off by going with Herm. Herm was obviously no Vermiel. Herm is obviously ill equiped to deal with a dynamic offense.

Tossing away Tony Richardson was unbelievable. You trying for a hard pounding running offense and you toss away one of the best blocking fullbacks ever, when your offensive line is strugging?

Then the nonsense about going for a younger team, followed by throwing away Jared Allen. Jared Allen isnt old. He would have been a great foundation for rebuilding the defense. Wasted...

Also, lets throw away Donnie Edwards. I mean, its not like we want atleast one solid linebacker. Lets toss him away again.

Now lets throw away Gonzo. Between Gonzo, Bowe, and a fresh quaterback, this offense had a shot. All you needed was to tighten up the O-line and maybe add in a good blocking fullback to give LJ some room to run. Nope. You drop Gonzo for a 2nd round draft choice a year from now. Your drop a guy that will probably have 5 more great years for a slim possiblity.

Since Vermiel, the Chiefs have been the most self destructive team in the league.
    I'm so glad you gave it more than a couple hours to see how this plays out, TG isn't part of the long term. KC still far off from being a playoff team so TG was nothing more than a transitional player in the new era. The offense may have been competitive, but the defense as it stands isn't. He may have been able to make Cassel's job a little easier in the short run, but if you haven't seen by now, Pioli is building this team for the long term. If the second round pick turns out to be a huge disappointment we might be able to call this a bust, but as it stands we got long term value from an unhappy player while he still had value left.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    I'm so glad you gave it more than a couple hours to see how this plays out, TG isn't part of the long term. KC still far off from being a playoff team so TG was nothing more than a transitional player in the new era. The offense may have been competitive, but the defense as it stands isn't.
    TG has several good years left in him. Wouldnt you say that having a competitive offense would allow them to focus on patching up the defense? I would rather be good on one side of the ball then iffy on both sides of the ball...

With Donnie Edwards and Jared Allen still here, the defense wouldnt be no where near as broken as it is.
    With these players still here, I would say pick up a DL and a CB and we might be able to slow people down enough to allow our offense to win the game.

He may have been able to make Cassel's job a little easier in the short run, but if you haven't seen by now, Pioli is building this team for the long term. If the second round pick turns out to be a huge disappointment we might be able to call this a bust, but as it stands we got long term value from an unhappy player while he still had value left.
    So you think TG would have simply made Cassel's job a LITTLE easier? TG makes Bowe and LJ that much more effective. No TG means double coverage on Bowe. This makes Cassel's job significantly harder. Its not like there is anyone else to throw the ball to...
    -tony d

Man this stinks!

Good luck Tony G.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Let's be honest here. It won't be happening in Atlanta this year either. I would not be shocked if the Chiefs win more games this year than the Falcons do.

This trade had nothing to do with where Tony wanted to play, and everything to do with Pioli getting the most value out of TG.

Agreed and well put!

TG has several good years left in him. Wouldnt you say that having a competitive offense would allow them to focus on patching up the defense? I would rather be good on one side of the ball then iffy on both sides of the ball...
    TG makes us better on O, but but a good OL-man would makes us a lot better. One good offensive lineman opening up big holes and giving Cassel plenty of time to throw makes us a lot better ... in my opinion. TG gets so many catches because when the QB panics, he knows he can throw it in the general direction of TG. If you give the QB more time he can find someone open, instead of forcing into 2x or 3x coverage with TG.

With Donnie Edwards and Jared Allen still here, the defense wouldnt be no where near as broken as it is.
    With these players still here, I would say pick up a DL and a CB and we might be able to slow people down enough to allow our offense to win the game.
    D.Edwards was here last year ... and did nothing! He is too old and injury prone to make a difference. Our D's biggest problem is the inability to stop the run. J. Allen was not known for his run stuffing ability. Even if we had his 14 sacks or whatever he got this year with the Vikes, we would not have won too many more games.

Really, you think our CBs are bad?? We have two really good (possibly future pro-bowl caliber), young, cheap CBs.

So you think TG would have simply made Cassel's job a LITTLE easier? TG makes Bowe and LJ that much more effective. No TG means double coverage on Bowe. This makes Cassel's job significantly harder. Its not like there is anyone else to throw the ball to...
    TG doesnt make LJ's job that much easier. You can still put 8 in the box and defend the TE pretty easily. TG isnt fast enough to be a deep threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

WHAT???????? You can't be serious!! The Falcons may double the wins the Chiefs have this year!!!!