Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vick signs new contract with Eagles

Default Vick signs new contract with Eagles

So Mike Vick has signed a new contract with the Eagles. This means 2 things for us.

First, any rumors that he was going to be released and we would pick him up, are now gone.

Second, it means that the possibility of Nick Foles coming available is stronger. Granted, Kelly has said that he wants Vick and Foles to compete for the spot (Chip Kelly says Vick and Foles will compete to be the Eagles’ starter), but that could just be posturing to drive up his value.

If Reid were to go after Foles for our 2nd round pick or to swap firsts, I would be ok with that move. I am not sold on Foles, but In Reid I Trust. If he believes in Foles that much, I will trust his opinion, as he probably knows his skill set pretty darn well.

I would also do either of those (swap from #1 to #4 or the early second round pick). I am sold on Foles. I am absolutely convinced that he is better than ANY QB in this weak draft. He has everything Reid needs. Size, arm strength, accuracy, can read defenses, leadership, productive, toughness, can handle the work load in a pass happy offense, character, is proven behind a bad offensive line - can certainly handle playing behind a good one. ONLY thing that drops his stock is that he's not a runner, which doesn't matter for Reid's offense. This dude is definitely a future franchise QB.

From what I hear, we should be able to get him for much cheaper than that if we do indeed want to trade for him. Personally, I'd prefer Alex Smith but I'll trust Reid's decisions regarding QBs.

Yea....no Vick

I was glad to here this news because I really don't want Vick at all
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Well, you never had to worry about Vick. There was no chance he was coming to KC. He can't play anymore and Reid would know that. Chip Kelly may not know that, but that's the difference between a rookie coach and some one who's proven he knows how to evaluate the position at the NFL level. As for Foles, if they are actually able to get him for less than a 2nd, then that would be an absolute steal!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    So Mike Vick has signed a new contract with the Eagles. This means 2 things for us.

First, any rumors that he was going to be released and we would pick him up, are now gone.

Second, it means that the possibility of Nick Foles coming available is stronger. Granted, Kelly has said that he wants Vick and Foles to compete for the spot (Chip Kelly says Vick and Foles will compete to be the Eagles’ starter), but that could just be posturing to drive up his value.

If Reid were to go after Foles for our 2nd round pick or to swap firsts, I would be ok with that move. I am not sold on Foles, but In Reid I Trust. If he believes in Foles that much, I will trust his opinion, as he probably knows his skill set pretty darn well.
    Glad that Vick will not be wearing a Chiefs uniform next season.

Foles and Vick. Philly really have something going....

Vick geno...no difference

Foles is actually really good. He's gonna be a stud wherever he goes. It just won't be Philly, because he doesn't fit Chip Kelly's scheme.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast