Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Kansas City Chiefs: The Complete History DVD

Post Kansas City Chiefs: The Complete History DVD

I think this qualifies for hardcore.

Found this DVD on shelves today at my local Blockbuster for only $20.

It began with one man and a dream. It continued with Len Dawson, Willie Lanier, Hank Stram, and an upset in Super Bowl IV. Today, the history of the Kansas City Chiefs lives on in the finest stadium in the land with over 79,000 fans in a vibrant sea of red creating one of the NFL's greatest home field advantages. Now, for the first time, the Chiefs' story is available in this thrilling two-DVD set - The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs. From Lamar Hunt's quest to build a second professional football league, to Larry Johnson, Herman Edwards and the Chiefs of today, The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs takes you inside one of the NFL's finest franchises. Join NFL Films as they re-capture the team's greatest moments and profile the legendary names that circle the field at Arrowhead. Re-live the thrilling playoff victories, the heart-breaking defeats - all amidst the renown class and style that define the Kansas City Chiefs. The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs is a must for any Chiefs fan - buy yours today!

Over 345 minutes of stuff.

THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    The Texans (Chiefs) just won the '62 AFL championship game!

This is awesome!!!
    Cool you are now first experiencing this now too! And yes, while we never will say "Yay Houston Texans!" we can certainly say, "Yay Dallas Texans!"

I finished the complete history part of the dvd and then watched some of the bonus features. And while it was too bad they brushed over most of the 1973-1988 years of the Chiefs (which I knew was the case as we've discussed before), I was really glad to see lots of footage from great plays during this era included in the bonus material! Like we get to see Ed Podolak's run against Cleveland in '76 when he became (at the time) the all time Chiefs leading rusher.

And we get to see Ted McKight's 82 yd run in 1979. And Bill Kenney throw a td pass to Stephone Paige in the 1985 game against S.D. where Paige got 309 yards receiving. And Carlos Carson in 1983 (been a long time since I thought about that Chiefs receiver)!

I'm looking forward to seeing the defensive highlights of the special features. I'm sure there'll be lots of Deron Cherry from the 80's!
    Last edited by IlovetheChiefs; 12-26-2007 at 04:54 PM.

I just started watching the Extra material, this is the part about the Hall of Famers!

Otis Taylor is catching TD's left and right!

Go Chiefs!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Glad you boys are enjoying it. Makes me want to put mine on again when I get home!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Glad you boys are enjoying it. Makes me want to put mine on again when I get home!!
    Now Marcus Allen is running all over opponents!!1
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Nothing like a Chiefs craving! Glad we're creating a thirst for you. heh!

I just started watching the Extra material, this is the part about the Hall of Famers!

Otis Taylor is catching TD's left and right!

Go Chiefs!!!
    Now Marcus Allen is running all over opponents!!1
    To use modern terminology since I don't think it would have been said of these guys back then, Otis Taylor and Marcus Allen were BEASTS!

Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Nothing like a Chiefs craving! Glad we're creating a thirst for you. heh!

Now I have a whole new thirst I have to satisfy!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Funny how wn eight-game losing skid can take the enthusiasm out of ya. I have been concentrating all of my Chiefs energy toward praying that we get some serious O-line studs this coming offseason.

I am still enthusiastic. I saw a girl in the hospital today wearin a Packers sweater and I alsked her if she was in to have it removed!! lol. then I told her how good she would look in Red and advised her to go immediately to the store and buy a Chiefs sweater and whatever problem brought her to the hospital would be forgotten!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Funny how wn eight-game losing skid can take the enthusiasm out of ya. I have been concentrating all of my Chiefs energy toward praying that we get some serious O-line studs this coming offseason.
    I just beg for a win every single week.

I just can't bring myself to ask for a 9 game losing streak, even if it helps us in the draft.

I guess I am too emotionally tied to the team, to ever want to see them fail.

I am still enthusiastic. I saw a girl in the hospital today wearin a Packers sweater and I alsked her if she was in to have it removed!! lol. then I told her how good she would look in Red and advised her to go immediately to the store and buy a Chiefs sweater and whatever problem brought her to the hospital would be forgotten!!
    That is hilarious dude!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast