Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Chiefs Off-season Needs

Default 2011 Chiefs Off-season Needs

Well. Now that the season is over. Lets start looking at the draft and free agency!

What are your top needs, and who do you want us to pick. It looks like we will be picking either at either 21, 22 or 23 (3 way tie between us Indy and the loser of the GB/Philly game, usu decided by a coin toss).

My top needs:

1. Elite FS
    - By far the biggest weakness on our team. Berry will make a great SS. He has the skills to cover zone and man, and is great at coming up against the run. Other than him, we are horrible at safety. It may be better to get someone from free agency. Berry could use some experience to mentor him. (supposedly Champ Bailey wants out of Denver and wants to play FS to prolong his career).

2. OG and/or OC prospect.
    -Our interior is getting old. Waters is still playing well, but is one injury away from retiring. Asamoah will likely be really good soon, but Weigmann is getting old, too. Id love to see our 3rd round pick used here.

3. #2 WR
    - This will open up our offense immensely. Bowe is constantly double teamed. If he is one-on-one, he will get open. If they double him, then Moeaki, the #2 guy, and the run game will open up. I say draft someone in the 2nd round.

4. OLB
    - Vrabel is getting old, isnt getting to the QB and is not the best cover man because he has lost a step. We need someone who is good in coverage, not just a rush guy. Our LBs couldnt keep up with the Ravens' TEs. This could probably be found in either the draft or in FA.

5. NT
    - We dont have a true NT. Our DL is good, but Edwards is old and doesnt have the strength to hold up to 2x teams. We need a big beast in the middle. Not sure if there are any great NTs in the draft, or FA.

6. Backup QB
    - I think we all agree that Brokie Croyle has lost most of his supporters. I say FA or a low round draft pick.

What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    The Chiefs OL struggled against the Rams? I must of watched the wrong game then because the one that I watched they did a pretty good job.
    And I also saw a pretty good preformace in the Titian game. If the OL was so bad against them we would not have put up 34 points.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    The Chiefs OL struggled against the Rams? I must of watched the wrong game then because the one that I watched they did a pretty good job.
    In the game I saw, yes, in particularly terms of pass protection. Rush numbers are fluffed by an 80-yard run by Charles, BUT we surrendered 3 sacks and Cassel (playing after having his appendix out) had to run 6 times.

If you recall, offense got off to a slow start and this was really a defensive win.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    And I also saw a pretty good preformace in the Titian game. If the OL was so bad against them we would not have put up 34 points.
    This was probably our best performance on against a 4-3 on the season. However, if you recall, the one sack we allowed was against Albert when he was beaten by Justin Baber.

Also, if you look at Jones' numbers vs. the Titans and Rams, he totalled 45 carries for 115 yards. Granted Charles had 24 carries for 203 yard but I think Charles is a freak of nature who makes our O-line look much better than it is. Outside of Charles 6.3 yard average, every other Chiefs RB averaged less than 4.0 a carry.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronchieffan View Post
    I think we need to get the spots filled that we are ageing on the o line before albert. Albert will still be there in a few years. Wigman Waters wont we need to get there replacements first.
    If a player were brought in that could beat out Albert at LOT, that would leave Albert available to be the replacement for an older player on the interior of the o-line.

And, with his run-blocking skills, he would likely be a significant upgrade as well.

Not to mention what a fantastic luxury it would be to have a guy with NFL LOT experience on the inside, in case we ran into a situation where we needed an emergency fill-in at LOT.

Talk about two birds with one stone.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    If a player were brought in that could beat out Albert at LOT, that would leave Albert available to be the replacement for an older player on the interior of the o-line.

And, with his run-blocking skills, he would likely be a significant upgrade as well.

Not to mention what a fantastic luxury it would be to have a guy with NFL LOT experience on the inside, in case we ran into a situation where we needed an emergency fill-in at LOT.

Or, if they insist on keeping Albert at LT, they can still maybe pick up a guy like Carimi, Sherrod, or Costanzo and start him out at RT and upgrade that position, and he would provide insurance for the LT position if Albert were to get hurt and at the same time be groomed to take over the LT if Albert continues to struggle with pass protection and doesn't progress in that area ( which I've seen no evidence that he will ).

This is another reason I'd like to see them get the best OT available at #21 -- assuming one of the 3 aforementioned is still on the board, and if they aren't, then look elsewhere.

That's all I would want to see. Someone beat Albert out for the LOT spot. Weather that be a rookie or someone in a free agent. I would hate to move him and get a draft bust (i no the bust rate is low for O linemen but there still have been bust there can be more) I just want to see Albert get beat out.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That's all I would want to see. Someone beat Albert out for the LOT spot. Weather that be a rookie or someone in a free agent. I would hate to move him and get a draft bust (i no the bust rate is low for O linemen but there still have been bust there can be more) I just want to see Albert get beat out.
    As do I. But I really like Branden Albert being on The Chiefs.

I think he can be the best O-lineman on the team, if he were playing at OG.

As do I. But I really like Branden Albert being on The Chiefs.

I think he can be the best O-lineman on the team, if he were playing at OG.
    I do to. I think he can still devople into a very good LT. But like I said if we do bring someone in and they beat him out then I have no problem with moveing him to anther spot.

We need to draft Von Miller with our 1st pick to give us someone across from Hali. Jerrell Powe would be a nice pick in the 2nd round. He would solitify the NT spot for us for years to come. We have the money to go out and sign a WR and someone who can help our secondary or possibly Logan Mankins. What do you guys think of the possibility of bringing in Randy Moss?
    Future Hall of Famer

most of the pre drafts have the chiefs getting a WR in the first and OL in the 2

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast