Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Offical Draft day thread

Default Offical Draft day thread

The draft is finally here. It's going to be a fun night to talk some football. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Johnson and Johnson! nice linebacker group!!
    Ha! Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    very solid pick he fits the 3-4 defense perfect never missed a game or practice....

nfl network reported the eagles traided up cuz up to 10 teams reported the chiefs were going after barkley
    Hey, remember his play in the National Championship game. I'm impressed with this guys abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    very solid pick he fits the 3-4 defense perfect never missed a game or practice....

nfl network reported the eagles traided up cuz up to 10 teams reported the chiefs were going after barkley
    Mike Mayock said the Chiefs had no interest in Barkley & Nico Johnson was their target all along. They needed another ILB. They could use another D-Lineman as well.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Mike Mayock said the Chiefs had no interest in Barkley & Nico Johnson was their target all along. They needed another ILB. They could use another D-Lineman as well.
    I agree, except I would like to see some depth in the secondary.

Oh boy. Raiders took Tyler Wilson.

i didnt like how nfl network covered our pick so i switched to espn. only caught the reporter from philly saying the eagles thought the chiefs were gonna take him

If Wilson were available later, they may have taken him, but I'm starting to think the Chiefs had berry little intention of drafting a QB at all.

A big CB with 4.41 speed. Sanders Commings. There's your DB Chiefster.

I don't understand Jacksonville's drafting at all. They did very little to help their Defense. I thought they would draft Dion Jordan, but took Joeckel
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-27-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Former Georgia Bulldogs standout Sanders Commings is reportedly drawing interest from the New England Patriots, Tennessee Titans, Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles, Carolina Panthers, and New Orleans Saints, per a tweet from Ian Rapoport. The Jacksonville Jaguars also hosted Commings on a visit yesterday, and he is a CB who is falling a little bit under the radar.
    Daniel Shirey-USA TODAY Sports

Commings has also received interest from the St. Louis Rams, and he runs a sub-4.5 forty and has excellent strength. At 6’2″, 216 pounds, Commings is very physical and has the strength, size, and physicality common with cornerbcacks that the New England Patriots and Bill Belichick covet. The Georgia product is lauded for his ability in press coverage, and I’m sure that is a trait the Patriots would like to utilize.
    The Jacksonville Jaguars seem to be interested in a lot of bigger corners as well, because they have their routes in the Seattle Seahawks organization and learned about the benefits of having a duo like Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner under an aggressive head coach Pete Carroll (hey look, a former Patriots head man).
    The Titans, Eagles, and Panthers have long been mentioned as teams interest in Sanders Commings, and we know that the Patriots and Saints met up with Commings at the 2013 NFL Combine. Commings is a man coverage-only cornerback, but that’s exactly how he would fit in with the Patriots. The Pats are expected to go with a more high profile cornerback like Johnthan Banks or Desmond Trufant in the first round, and they might not have a third-round pick to take Commings if the Pittsburgh Steelers don’t match their offer for Emmanuel Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I agree, except I would like to see some depth in the secondary.

Forget depth we need a starting corner opposite of flowers.